A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. amin

amin Senior member

looking to buy pair of APC denim and can;t decide between NS or PS. I would like the fit to be as close as to Dior 21cm. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

2. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

looking to buy pair of APC denim and can;t decide between NS or PS. I would like the fit to be as close as to Dior 21cm. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

NS.

3. whenwe

whenwe Active Member

Just trying to get some opinions on whether you guys hem your jeans prior to wearing or after, and if you hem them before you wear them does the stretching cause any issues with inseam length?

4. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Just trying to get some opinions on whether you guys hem your jeans prior to wearing or after, and if you hem them before you wear them does the stretching cause any issues with inseam length?

How exactly would jeans get their hems stretched?

The concern is when you soak/wash them.

5. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

The stretching will have negligible impact on the inseam, although I found the inseam shrunk a bit on mine after being washed. Especially after the second wash. My advice would be to wait to hem until after at least the first wash. I'm weird though, I wash my jeans somewhat regularly.

6. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

The stretching will have negligible impact on the inseam, although I found the inseam shrunk a bit on mine after being washed. Especially after the second wash. My advice would be to wait to hem until after at least the first wash. I'm weird though, I wash my jeans somewhat regularly.

I had mine hemmed but kept about an inch to account for shrink when I do wash them.

7. whenwe

whenwe Active Member

I had mine hemmed but kept about an inch to account for shrink when I do wash them.
    Yeah I was planning on doing this, because I don't plan on washing them very soon or with any frequency. thank guys

8. donnytuco

donnytuco Member

RE: PS, does anyone experience the fabric bunching up at the bottom of the back pockets, on the upper thigh-lower butt area? I'm not sure if it's because the jeans are still stiff, but damn it's a bit annoying

9. niix

niix Senior member

RE: PS, does anyone experience the fabric bunching up at the bottom of the back pockets, on the upper thigh-lower butt area? I'm not sure if it's because the jeans are still stiff, but damn it's a bit annoying

I've had this issue because the butt stretches from sitting down. Mine are only a two weeks old so I hope it softens up to look more natural.

10. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Just received my pair of NS in sz 27, feels mighty uncomfortable wearing around in the house

11. niix

niix Senior member

PC New Cure size 33, about a week or so of wear. Sorry for crappy cell phone pics.

I think I'm finally OK with this fit after trying a bunch of other fits from APC.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thoughts?

12. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Niix,

I think they look good, I'm not calling you a hipster by any means but I see what kind of a look your trying to pull off and outside of what some may say about your weight or skinny jeans are for skinny guys and all that other noise I think you pull these off rather well.

On a side note, I read several pages back that A.P.C. actually made New Cure's in Black, where in God's name can I find a pair of these?

13. nickmb

nickmb New Member

Question - So what exactly is the difference between the Petite Standard and the New cure? I've seen the sizing on context clothing but have read otherwise. Which one is more skinny?

14. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Question - So what exactly is the difference between the Petite Standard and the New cure? I've seen the sizing on context clothing but have read otherwise. Which one is more skinny?

New Cure is skinnier...

15. a2_hennessy

a2_hennessy Senior member

New Cures have a much more severe taper than PS, but are looser in the top block.