A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Here is a dumb question. How long do you people where your new raw denim in the house or in private before you actually where them in public?

2. max_r

max_r Senior member

3. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

Here is a dumb question. How long do you people where your new raw denim in the house or in private before you actually where them in public?

it is a pretty dumb question. What difference does it make? As long as i can move in it and it isnt skin tight (depends how you size and what cut you've bought) then its fine to wear in public.

4. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

The reason why I asked is I believe the main appeals of raw denim is the natural distressed look and how the denim changes to fit your body ( both of which takes time). I personally don not mind the plain indigo look but did not think it was SF approved.

5. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

The reason why I asked is I believe the main appeals of raw denim is the natural distressed look and how the denim changes to fit your body ( both of which takes time). I personally don not mind the plain indigo look but did not think it was SF approved.
    It takes at least a month of steady wear to even begin to see how the jeans will fade. Plus APCs stretch a lot in that time, so initial fits are deceiving. I got my NCs back from getting tapered. I had them taper them down to 7" from the stock 7.75" at the feet from below my calf (they are already tight on my calves). Here's a comparison between them and my NSs. [​IMG] I'm gonna break them in slowly. My NSs are just over 6 months old and are really starting to show some character. These pics don't show it, but there's a cool diagonal phone fade developing over their left front pocket. Gonna alternate between the two for the time being. Two things I will def do different w/these new jeans is not cuff the bottom (no need, should stack nice once they soften up) and only do cold soapless soaks when they get nasty (instead of the 3 HOT washes I did on my NSs over the same span)

6. entrero

entrero Senior member

hmm, love the bulge..

7. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

365 days, 8,760 hours, 525,600 minutes, or 31,536,000 (31,622,400 during leap year) seconds before i rock any raw jean in "public." i believe in a long break-in period. but that just me, you know?

8. whatever123

cool: thats interesting. for some reason i prefer the 7.5" hem. maybe because there well-worn and broken-in and what not.

It takes at least a month of steady wear to even begin to see how the jeans will fade. Plus APCs stretch a lot in that time, so initial fits are deceiving.

I got my NCs back from getting tapered. I had them taper them down to 7" from the stock 7.75" at the feet from below my calf (they are already tight on my calves). Here's a comparison between them and my NSs.

[​IMG]

I'm gonna break them in slowly. My NSs are just over 6 months old and are really starting to show some character. These pics don't show it, but there's a cool diagonal phone fade developing over their left front pocket. Gonna alternate between the two for the time being.

Two things I will def do different w/these new jeans is not cuff the bottom (no need, should stack nice once they soften up) and only do cold soapless soaks when they get nasty (instead of the 3 HOT washes I did on my NSs over the same span)

9. bob99

bob99 Senior member

I just bought my first pair of APC's, and I'm excited!

I got a 30 waist in New Standards. I tried on the Rescues in size 30, and they were H-U-G-E in the waist.

Currently, I can almost button them up, but the top button is a fight. They're also pretty tight in the thighs, but I have faith that they'll stretch.

They were $195 CAD / $218 after taxes.

Now it's time to wear these things for a year!

10. Spyre

Spyre Active Member

To follow up, I went to the store and tried on the PS 30 and the legs fit nicely but the waist had some slack... i figured if they were gonna stretch at all it would be too big. I ended up walking out with size 29 PS. I'm pretty happy with the decision. its tight now on the legs and a bit on the waist, but i figure it'll end up stretching out decently.

11. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Cures too tapered for my liking, your NS looking good though

12. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Ok, so I have only worn my sz.34 NS for a few days and they feel a tad too loose in the waist. Should I:

- deal with it and jut wear with a belt on ( which would anyway but this has just been around the house)
    - should I attempt to shrink them a bit? If I do this, should I wear them in the tub or just put them in on their own? What about only soaking the waist to the bottom of the seat?

13. niix

niix Senior member

Ok, so I have only worn my sz.34 NS for a few days and they feel a tad too loose in the waist. Should I:

- deal with it and jut wear with a belt on ( which would anyway but this has just been around the house)
    - should I attempt to shrink them a bit? If I do this, should I wear them in the tub or just put them in on their own? What about only soaking the waist to the bottom of the seat?

I've been wearing a belt with my 33 NC and I feel like the stretch is minimal compared to what others have said.

Although it's only been about a week or so of wear, I guess time will tell how much it will actually stretch.

As far as shrinking them is concerned (which I have no personal experience in), I've heard you can shrink them but they will go right back to the same size quickly with wear.

14. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

cool: thats interesting. for some reason i prefer the 7.5" hem. maybe because there well-worn and broken-in and what not.
    I prob should have posted w/shoes. The NCs look much better w/shoes; the NS just kinda hang. NC will definitely look better once they're worn.

15. whatever123

I prob should have posted w/shoes. The NCs look much better w/shoes; the NS just kinda hang. NC will definitely look better once they're worn.

ah...okay. post pics please! thanks [​IMG]