A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

so you're actually considering getting them tapered over a quater of an inch?

2. Urijah1086

Urijah1086 Senior member

Im about to purchase some NS and need a little help on sizing. Here is a picture of my LVC Saddlemans they are a size 31. I am 6'0 138 and was thinking of purchasing a size 28 or 29 in NS but not sure which to go with to compensate for the stretching. Thanks.

[​IMG][/IMG]

3. ranker

ranker Senior member

What's the difference between PS's and NC's? Does the selvage or lack of affect the quality/wear/longevity of the denim?

4. Transcendental

Transcendental Senior member

NC is still selvage denim....the "red line" just gets cut off in the structure process.

and APC is not considered to have longevity in any sense of the word, so either way....

5. Dr. Mabuse

Dr. Mabuse Senior member

I tried on a pair of NS27 and while I liked the hem (7.25), I could not button it :[ (fatty). Would they stretch out enough (I can't button the top button)? or should I just get the 28 and consider tapering it?

If the fit in the legs is not soul crushing keep them. If you work at it, you will be able to button them by the end of the day.

6. JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper Senior member

so you're actually considering getting them tapered over a quater of an inch?

It sounds anal, but the quarter of an inch makes the stacking look a lot better.

7. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Where do you buy APC's? I looked on their store but it was very unhelpful. Are they only available online?

8. gululv

gululv Senior member

So after a week of wearing my new NS jeans I would say they have stretched fairly well, from not able to button it, through painful to wear, to a little tight now. The main problem is the thigh area. I have large thighs. How should I expect the stretching to continue here?

9. halisray

halisray Senior member

any good online shops that sell APC besides their own website? not really know much about this brand

10. gululv

gululv Senior member

Do a google search. Tres Bien Shop, Oi Polloi, Kiosk 78, to mention a few European retailers, Context Clothing in USA etc etc

11. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Ok, so as I posted in a different thread, I am heading to Chicago this week and will be buying my first pair of raw selvedge denim. I am thinking based on the price, APCs are probably the best place to start.

Regarding size, I wear a 34 x 32 regular 501 and they are snug. Based on this what size and fit (I am assuming New Standards) do I try on? I am not looking for anything skinny or slim as I have big theighs.

Thoughts?

12. gululv

gululv Senior member

I would say 33 then, but I'm not an expert as I've only owned my pair for a few weeks. Unfortunately I have big thighs too, which means I don't expect them to last for extremely long. However, I will start fixing my pants.

13. jenkinslaw

jenkinslaw Well-Known Member

Ok, so as I posted in a different thread, I am heading to Chicago this week and will be buying my first pair of raw selvedge denim. I am thinking based on the price, APCs are probably the best place to start.

Regarding size, I wear a 34 x 32 regular 501 and they are snug. Based on this what size and fit (I am assuming New Standards) do I try on? I am not looking for anything skinny or slim as I have big theighs.

Thoughts?

I normally wear a 36 in most jeans/pants, and I have an athletic build (5'10", 190 pounds) with larger thighs. I sized down to tagged 35, which gives me a slim/straight fit. I also use a belt to make sure the waist does not unduly stretch. The waist currently measures a touch over 36''. Thigh measures 13". It sounds like you want a similar fit, so I would go with the 33 in your case.

14. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

So whilst wearing them (NS) all day today, during the afternoon i found out my left Nut wasn't to pleased with the confined space it had to live in. Whilst sitting down i could almost see it's saddened face pushed against the fabric...

The Nut is, even now, some 4 hours after relieving it (them), still a bit sore, and I'm pretty sure it isn't testicular cancer.

Do more of you have those problems, or is it true that Europeans really do have bigger balls?

(there is a serious question hidden in there somewhere..!)

15. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

I have no idea but I lold hard