Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Roachman

Roachman Member

I'm looking for a second opinion on these New Cures (size 27). I'm used to wearing the New Standard but thought I'd give these a shot. Do they make me look too skinny? Sorry for the awkwardly shaped picture, I had to take it on my phone.
    [​IMG]

2. erockisalive

erockisalive Well-Known Member

Buying a pair of Arizonas. How should i size down?

3. niix

niix Senior Member

I'm looking for a second opinion on these New Cures (size 27). I'm used to wearing the New Standard but thought I'd give these a shot. Do they make me look too skinny? Sorry for the awkwardly shaped picture, I had to take it on my phone.
    Kind of hard to tell, but from what I can see doesn't look bad at all.

Buying a pair of Arizonas. How should i size down?

From JCPenny's? I'd recommend sizing down 6 or up 4 - depending on what kind of cut you're considering.

4. Scooba

Scooba Senior Member

So, PS 31 actually measures 33 inches at the waist and then will stretch another 1-2" more, correct?

5. Gagno905

Gagno905 Senior Member

6. maltess

maltess Senior Member

Hello to everybody

I am getting 3sixteen SL100, and I need a second pair so I have been choosing between the NS and naked and famous slim guy, I have seen a measurement cart for the N&F and it looks like a levis 501, so I am going for the APC. The thing is that the sizing is confusing, I have seen three different charts in three differents shops so this is very confusing. I have also seen post in where it says go down four from you natural waist size. I am a natural 32, should I go for a 28 then? do you know a reliable measurement chart? In levis 501 and 3sixteen SL100 I am a 30 size

thanks a lot for your help and best regards

7. max_r

max_r Distinguished Member

Hello to everybody

I am getting 3sixteen SL100, and I need a second pair so I have been choosing between the NS and naked and famous slim guy, I have seen a measurement cart for the N&F and it looks like a levis 501, so I am going for the APC. The thing is that the sizing is confusing, I have seen three different charts in three differents shops so this is very confusing. I have also seen post in where it says go down four from you natural waist size. I am a natural 32, should I go for a 28 then? do you know a reliable measurement chart? In levis 501 and 3sixteen SL100 I am a 30 size

thanks a lot for your help and best regards

the charts on http://www.contextclothing.com/ is the most accurate i've found. maybe off 1/4" in some places, but nothing major. variances between batches of jeans are probably that much.

i dont think sizing down from your true waist size is really a good idea, seeing as you're not going to be wearing these on your true waist, and everyone has a different hip/waist ratio. just measure some jeans you have that fit well in the waist, and compare to the measured waists on context's charts, and factor in 2" to 3" of stretch in the waist, and up to 1" or so of stretch in the legs.

8. maltess

maltess Senior Member

Thanks man, according to contex , size 28 measures 30" , so if I have to alow for 2 to 3 inches to stretch in the waist I guess I should go with the 28. The rise is good for me too, but a 10.25 tight is too much, as you said is going to strecth 1 inch in the leg, then I will be fine

thanks a lot!

9. niix

niix Senior Member

10. Speirs

Speirs Member

So I got my first pair of of New Cures which also my first pair of raw denim. They came folded up in a box from Barneys and because of this, there are some odd looking creases on the side of the legs and lower butt.

My question is will these creases get straightened out after wearing them for awhile or are they going to be there until the first soak?

11. niix

niix Senior Member

So I got my first pair of of New Cures which also my first pair of raw denim. They came folded up in a box from Barneys and because of this, there are some odd looking creases on the side of the legs and lower butt.

My question is will these creases get straightened out after wearing them for awhile or are they going to be there until the first soak?

Yes, they will go away. Anytime you order online they are usually going to be folded, but it's not like they were ironed like that and it's not stretched out from wear or anything.

I noticed this with my APCs, but once I put them on the creases were gone with the first fit.

12. jtd76

jtd76 Member

I've got a brand new unaltered/unwashed pair of PS in 30 I'm looking to unload, if anybody's interested.

13. Speirs

Speirs Member

Yes, they will go away. Anytime you order online they are usually going to be folded, but it's not like they were ironed like that and it's not stretched out from wear or anything.

I noticed this with my APCs, but once I put them on the creases were gone with the first fit.

Ok thanks man. I just really haven't had a chance to put em on and walk around with them on yet. They still aren't at that level where they are real comfortable.

14. max_r

max_r Distinguished Member

got my camera back

heres my apc PS size 31, maybe two total days of wear on them. i feel like these are gonna take a long time to fade seeing as i wear suits 5 days a week now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i ended up deciding the calves were a bit tight so after the first day i took them to my seamstress friend who let them out below the knee by using the extra denim from the selvege line. got 1/4" out of it, which was exactly what i needed.

good thing i dont like cuffs

[​IMG]

15. JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper Senior Member

I tried on a pair of NS27 and while I liked the hem (7.25), I could not button it :[ (fatty). Would they stretch out enough (I can't button the top button)? or should I just get the 28 and consider tapering it?