Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

2. max_r

max_r Senior member

Is it true the cures are what the dior 19cm cut is based on? I just checked and they're only available from the French webstore.

yeah, i was looking through the 'other countries (english)' site because i'm in the UK, didn't think to look on the US site.

3. binauralbeats

binauralbeats Well-Known Member

yeah, i was looking through the 'other countries (english)' site because i'm in the UK, didn't think to look on the US site.
    Ah... missed the other countries site. Would be interested to see the measurements of these compared to NS and NC.

4. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

Ah... missed the other countries site. Would be interested to see the measurements of these compared to NS and NC.

you can see both on context clothing :p

5. gululv

gululv Senior member

Now I have worn my new standards a little, I can button all the buttons now, but it hurts to wear them sometimes. I have worn them once outside the house, and three times for a few hours inside. Should I expect the pants to stretch more?

6. sharks9022

sharks9022 Senior member

Now I have worn my new standards a little, I can button all the buttons now, but it hurts to wear them sometimes. I have worn them once outside the house, and three times for a few hours inside. Should I expect the pants to stretch more?

definitely.

7. max_r

max_r Senior member

you can see both on context clothing :p
    i think he was talking about the old cure, just made a typo. i know the difference between the old standard and new standard is just an inch in the rise, but i've heard the old/new cures are apparently totally different jeans.
    for my new standards when they were new, the waistband stretching was out of the way in like a week or two, but the hips/upper thigh area took about a month to fully stretch. (daily wear)

8. dune

dune Senior member

The first two days I wore them it was painful as hell, they fit great now, just have to persevere [​IMG]

9. Sander

Sander Senior member

How do you guys actually pronounce "APC"? (If you actually have anyone irl to talk about this.) Given that it's a french brand it should be prob something like "ahphesse", yet I somehow assume that every American/Aussie/GBer pronounces it "eypeesee".

10. 300zx1985

300zx1985 Senior member

I just say the letters.. A P C like an American because im American.

11. Sander

Sander Senior member

Yeah, Americans tend to do that.

12. dune

dune Senior member

Just pronounce it as if it's short for an Armoured Personnel Carrier.

13. Sander

Sander Senior member

[​IMG] You mean like AT-AT or AT-PT?

14. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

Thank you. There's no reason to say everything that's made or part of another country with anything other than an american accent. I love it when my friends will discuss south africa or some other offbeat topic and refer to cities like JoHHHanasberg, like they're some afrikaner all of a sudden. GTFO it's lanvin asshole, not lawvaugh

15. Sander

Sander Senior member

Thank you. There's no reason to say everything that's made or part of another country with anything other than an american accent. I love it when my friends will discuss south africa or some other offbeat topic and refer to cities like JoHHHanasberg, like they're some afrikaner all of a sudden. GTFO it's lanvin asshole, not lawvaugh

[​IMG]

Though I'm afraid you are.