A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

well, if there is no pressure on it, it wil not stretch ej, so you need to suck in and button up, or size one up. I've sized mine 2 down from my regular size. This seems to work for most people here. Some size down 3. Now think it over for a while and then either button up, or sell it and size up [​IMG]

2. riviera

riviera New Member

Just done the same myself and kept them - They have stretched fine

3. bernbabybern820

bernbabybern820 Member

Is it still true that APC jeans will never be discounted? (So i shouldn't wait for black friday/christmas for a deal?)

I already have new standards that i bought in February but i might wash them and make them lighter and possibly buy new cures and have them as my darker jeans.

4. gululv

gululv Senior member

I don't know how many I sized down actually. I was thinking mostly about my normal tagged size, which is 33, but in reality this may often be a 34. I have NS in 32.

5. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

Does anyone know if APC jeans come in a 38 (tagged). I'm looking at Rescues specifically. Thanks. And yes, bring on the fat jokes![​IMG]

6. keredog

keredog Senior member

Quick question about A.P.C. out-seam stretching.

I sized down considerably (3) on my Petit Standards, and now on the 5th wear, the out-seam is starting to separate slightly at thigh level and the white threads are beginning to show.

My friend's are also like this, but I was wondering how common this is and if A. I sized down too much, B. it can be avoided.

7. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

my out seam stretched out too, nothing bad. only i sized down 2

8. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Is it still true that APC jeans will never be discounted? (So i shouldn't wait for black friday/christmas for a deal?)

I already have new standards that i bought in February but i might wash them and make them lighter and possibly buy new cures and have them as my darker jeans.

They will most likely never be on discount, unless they are a very odd size (extremely large size)

They are so ubiquitous and at the same time in-demand, at a good price point to begin with, that I don't see any retailers needing to replete their stock (the raw doesn't change seasonally, so what's the point?)

9. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

They will most likely never be on discount, unless they are a very odd size (extremely large size)

They are so ubiquitous and at the same time in-demand, at a good price point to begin with, that I don't see any retailers needing to replete their stock (the raw doesn't change seasonally, so what's the point?)

Besides that, though, you may be able to buy them from a website that does coupon codes.

10. max_r

max_r Senior member

i noticed APC has the old cures back up on their website

anyone have any idea how those fit? any measurement charts?

11. gululv

gululv Senior member

Now I'm able to button it, so it's going forward. It will probably be more comfortable in a few days time.

12. max_r

max_r Senior member

same price everywhere

apc disallows discounts on their denim, only way you'll find it on sale is if someone is going out of business and thus doesn't give a fuck, or if some online store has a coupon code and forgot to exclude APC denim.

13. fntm

fntm Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if APC jeans come in a 38 (tagged). I'm looking at Rescues specifically. Thanks. And yes, bring on the fat jokes![​IMG]

Largest size I've seen is 36, but since their vanity sized and should fit like a 38. You should measure yourself then check out context to see if it can work out for you.

where is the place online offline to get apcs for the cheapest price?

Need Supply coupon codes worked for me to discount APC. A 10% discount puts the price below auto free shipping tho, so only saved ~10USD. [​IMG]

14. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

Largest size I've seen is 36, but since their vanity sized and should fit like a 38. You should measure yourself then check out context to see if it can work out for you.
    Yeah I'm a real 40...[​IMG] Thanks mate. [​IMG]

15. binauralbeats

binauralbeats Well-Known Member

i noticed APC has the old cures back up on their website

anyone have any idea how those fit? any measurement charts?

Is it true the cures are what the dior 19cm cut is based on? I just checked and they're only available from the French webstore.