A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. rickimky

rickimky Senior member

My APC NS accidentally got washed. Colour looks off now. Any way of salvaging it?

2. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

Any pics of the remains... [​IMG]

3. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

I've heard soaking at first with APC is not the way to go.

Although, did this tighten up the area in the calves for you? That's really my main concern because the top block fits great (although it's similar to what I would want after stretching.)

No, there were no shrinkage in the calf area that I could detect from the soaking.

From my own experience:

- Wearing it stretched it out
    - Soaking it softened the stiffness

In the future, I would probably have gone with one size up and wear it with a belt had I wanted the stiff look, or I would have gone with the Rescue and size down two.

4. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Senior member

Hey everyone, quick question maybe those with more APC knowledge can help me out with. I'm selling this pair of New Cures on here http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=201017 and I just received a PM about my measurements seeming a little too narrow, tight, slim, whathaveyou. The measurements are below, but the PMer suspects that either I took measurements wrong or the jeans were altered. As I replied to him, I feel as though I would've noticed an alteration of any sort and I would've definitely included that in my FS post. If I missed it, it will def be corrected, but I'm leaning towards the possibility that I may have taken measurements wrong since I'm not exactly a tailor lol.

So I ask of you guys, for a tagged size 28 New Cure Jean that has hardly any wear (almost 0 fade) and definitely no stretching, do these measurements seem totally off or consistant with the sizing of others?

Tagged size 28
    Measurements:

Waist: 15.5" w/dip, 16" aligned
    Front Rise: 10"
    Back Rise: 13"
    "Edge to Edge": 19"
    Thigh from Crotch: 10"
    Thigh 3" below Crotch: 9"
    Knee: 7 1/4" (though it's hard to determine the exact "knee" location as whiskering is very minimal)
    Leg Opening: 7"
    Inseam: 34"
    Outseam: 45"

To be noted, I have a pair of New Standards in the same size that fit me and these New Cures are just way too slim for me to ever wear. No amount of weight I lose will make my legs skinny enough for these jeans. I could keep them if I want the painted on look, but I'd rather just size up some in the NC style. I mean the APC site says "very narrow leg"... Idk, I'm confusing myself now haha

Thanks in advance for the input, guys!

5. Conundrum

Hey everyone, quick question maybe those with more APC knowledge can help me out with. I'm selling this pair of New Cures on here http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=201017 and I just received a PM about my measurements seeming a little too narrow, tight, slim, whathaveyou. The measurements are below, but the PMer suspects that either I took measurements wrong or the jeans were altered. As I replied to him, I feel as though I would've noticed an alteration of any sort and I would've definitely included that in my FS post. If I missed it, it will def be corrected, but I'm leaning towards the possibility that I may have taken measurements wrong since I'm not exactly a tailor lol.

So I ask of you guys, for a tagged size 28 New Cure Jean that has hardly any wear (almost 0 fade) and definitely no stretching, do these measurements seem totally off or consistant with the sizing of others?

Tagged size 28
    Measurements:

Waist: 15.5" w/dip, 16" aligned
    Front Rise: 10"
    Back Rise: 13"
    "Edge to Edge": 19"
    Thigh from Crotch: 10"
    Thigh 3" below Crotch: 9"
    Knee: 7 1/4" (though it's hard to determine the exact "knee" location as whiskering is very minimal)
    Leg Opening: 7"
    Inseam: 34"
    Outseam: 45"

To be noted, I have a pair of New Standards in the same size that fit me and these New Cures are just way too slim for me to ever wear. No amount of weight I lose will make my legs skinny enough for these jeans. I could keep them if I want the painted on look, but I'd rather just size up some in the NC style. I mean the APC site says "very narrow leg"... Idk, I'm confusing myself now haha

Thanks in advance for the input, guys!

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=29

6. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Senior member

Hmmmm... Seems like I was at most .5 off at any given point (maybe I measured the thigh/knee at the wrong spot, or didn't flatten the jeans enough to measure in the first place)

Thanks!

7. gululv

gululv Senior member

I walk around the house with a NS with tags on, decided to keep them though they are currently too small. I can button all buttons except last one, no chance to do that. Will it stretch out enough for me to button it you think?

8. 300zx1985

300zx1985 Senior member

Yes read back several pages... many people have got them to stretch in the same scenario.

9. gululv

gululv Senior member

Thanks, I will. I can already feel it's stretching out, hopefully enough for me to button it all the way up soon.

10. waves

waves Member

This is good info. So can you tell me how the fit of the 32 NS is to the 33 NC?

Any pics?

Thanks.

I don't have a wall mirror for pics, sorry. They both fit well in the waist, I prefer the higher waist on NS for tucking in, and I sized up on the NC for a little more room overall. I'd suggest altering the NS if you want something in between. I'd be interested in finding another jean that fits well w/out the need of a tailor.

11. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

tomorrow I'll be calling the NYC store to hopefully place an order. Last time, I was inquiring about the NS washed version and needed waist measurements. I'm pretty sure the Rep actually lied about taking a measurement (it ended up as the same as the tag) and kept telling me to buy my regular size (whatever that is) and stretching isn't important (as she didn't know anything about any raw denim stretching btw). Hopefully they'll be more helpful this time around. Also, I'm through with placing orders via the webshop as my last 3 orders have gotten cancelled.

It would be nice if there was a seperate APC thead that dealt with everything other than raw denim, because other than a few respectable webshops who each carry a small portion of each collection, measurements and fabric info are hard to come by. And with their 'boy' and 'man' (wtf?) sizing systems it verges on insanity.

12. max_r

max_r Senior member

Keep us updated on how your research goes on comparing the NC and NS. I'm looking to get the same fit up top as my 32 NS, with slimmer fit from the knee down. Maybe just have my NS 32 taken in at the bottom ;(
    just got some petit standards size 31, and here are the measurements i took before i tried them on waist: 16.5" f rise: 9.75" to 10" (kinda hard to tell the fabric is so stiff its hard to hold out flat) b rise: 13.25" thigh: 11.5" knee: 8" (measured 14" down from crotch) calf: 7.5" (measured 20" down from crotch) hem: 7" inseam: 35.5" it looks like i rounded everything to the closest .25", but i didn't, those are all exact measurements. fit wise compared to my size 28 new standards (that i cant button up anymore) the petit standard is a bit narrower from the knee down (my 28's have a 7.75" calf, and 7.25" hem) and the thigh is a bit roomier on the petit standards. maybe only by a half inch or so, but my new standards have stretched in the thigh, but i dont know how much because i didn't write down measurements when I got them. overall, i would prefer if I had just a little bit more room in the calf and a little bit higher back rise, but its fine as is. if i really want more room in the calf i think i may be able to get it let out a bit (like 1/4 inch at most), but that would pretty much ruin the selvege line. good thing i dont cuff ever. edit- also, the rivets on the pockets dont have "APC" written on them this time.

13. gululv

gululv Senior member

Is it really stretching that much? I can still not button it up. When should I expect it to stretch that much? I tried to search old posts here, but can't find what I'm looking for exactly.

14. Conundrum

15. gululv

gululv Senior member

Thanks, I guess they will stretch quite a lot then, but will it happen when I can't button up the top button? I mean it probably stretch after my body.