• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niix
Have any pics? They fit like mine out of the box or after stretch?

I got a pair of 32 NS recently as well and they were stiff as heck. After the first wearing, I hot soaked them for one hour and they have soften up and fit like a glove. I anticipate further stretching.

niix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bellyhungry
I got a pair of 32 NS recently as well and they were stiff as heck. After the first wearing, I hot soaked them for one hour and they have soften up and fit like a glove. I anticipate further stretching.

I've heard soaking at first with APC is not the way to go.

Although, did this tighten up the area in the calves for you? That's really my main concern because the top block fits great (although it's similar to what I would want after stretching.)

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on APC shirts?

I've got a plaid l/s shirt that has been worn and soaked once, other than it's in pretty much perfect condition. It was a gift. Not getting much love since I've got better shirts. How much you guys reckon I can get if I were to sell it.

flyguy7

Reaction score
So I was out for a walk the other night and some douchebagg through an egg at me. ugh. anyway it dribbled down my NS denimz a bit, am I gonna ruin my fades if I wash these bad boys after 5 months? I kind of wanted to drag this out until December because they still smell fine

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flyguy7
So I was out for a walk the other night and some douchebagg through an egg at me. ugh. anyway it dribbled down my NS denimz a bit, am I gonna ruin my fades if I wash these bad boys after 5 months? I kind of wanted to drag this out until December because they still smell fine

if it didn't get rubbed in, you could probably get any stain/smell/whatever out by dabbing it with a wet paper towel.

i spilled a bit of tea on my new standards while on an airplane, and this is what I did. i was thinking of washing them when I got home, but there was no stain, and they didn't smell, i couldn't even remember which leg it spilled on.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so i just recently grew out of my APC new standards size 28, and i'm looking to replace them. i like the way my 28's fit from mid-thigh down, but the top hips/waist area is like 1" to 2" too tight. i was thinking about getting a size 30 or 31 new cure to replace them, because the size 30 new standard is too wide in the knee down area, and i want to still be able to stack my jeans. does anyone here own both new standard and new cure? can anyone comment on how the fits compare?

summerdaze

Reaction score
^^ Petit standards, new cure is for skinny legs if i were you i would size up on new standards. and flyguy, if you cold soak, with a bit of light detergent it really doesn't affect anything, except gets it clean. for anyone if you do it like this
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. i hot soaked my first pair and it's hard to explain, but the it's like the indigo shifted. the light color threads became dark and then the whole pair were a kind of solid indigo. a short cold hand wash on my second pair and they were looking exactly the same, softer, but fades keep coming.

jenkinslaw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by flyguy7

It wouldn't be outrageous to wash them at 5 months, assuming that they've been getting normal wear. I used Woolite dark and line dry at 6 months, with very little indigo loss. Assuming you are not washing your jeans in acid, they will continue to fade after washing, as well.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by summerdaze
^^ Petit standards, new cure is for skinny legs if i were you i would size up on new standards. .
dunno if i could do petit standards, i need a 10" rise, minimum
frown.gif
size 31 has a 9.75" rise according to context, but that might still be too low. i have a pair of jeans with a 9.5" rise, and they're annoying. places im looking at have pretty nice return policies though, so i might try it and see if it works out.

niix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
dunno if i could do petit standards, i need a 10" rise, minimum
frown.gif
size 31 has a 9.75" rise according to context, but that might still be too low. i have a pair of jeans with a 9.5" rise, and they're annoying.

places im looking at have pretty nice return policies though, so i might try it and see if it works out.

Keep us updated on how your research goes on comparing the NC and NS. I'm looking to get the same fit up top as my 32 NS, with slimmer fit from the knee down.

Maybe just have my NS 32 taken in at the bottom ;(

waves

Reaction score
Keep us updated on how your research goes on comparing the NC and NS. I'm looking to get the same fit up top as my 32 NS, with slimmer fit from the knee down.

Maybe just have my NS 32 taken in at the bottom ;(

I have a pair of 32 NS and had them altered as you suggest. They work well, but unfortunately the selvage was cut out. I love the fit of PS, but the rise is butt crack material, too bad. My everyday is a 33 NC, but I'm looking for something with a little more room in the leg, but not as loose as NS.

waves

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drmmr
Thoughts on APC shirts?

I've got a plaid l/s shirt that has been worn and soaked once, other than it's in pretty much perfect condition. It was a gift. Not getting much love since I've got better shirts. How much you guys reckon I can get if I were to sell it.

Has anyone else tried their "New Button Down" shirts from this season? The fit is perfection except for the arm holes or something near the pits is super fucked, pulls big time in the back and is tight in only that area. The associate said people have been complaining about that in store.

niix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by waves
I have a pair of 32 NS and had them altered as you suggest. They work well, but unfortunately the selvage was cut out. I love the fit of PS, but the rise is butt crack material, too bad. My everyday is a 33 NC, but I'm looking for something with a little more room in the leg, but not as loose as NS.

This is good info. So can you tell me how the fit of the 32 NS is to the 33 NC?

Any pics?

Thanks.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is good info. So can you tell me how the fit of the 32 NS is to the 33 NC?

Any pics?

Thanks.

I have 33 NS and 34 NC... everything seems about the same from mid thigh up, NC is tighter below A better fit IMO

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads