A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

^ I like the stacking don't hem imo. I have never got my jeans altered before, did they turn out pretty nice? I really like the NS, but I wish it was a tad bit more tapered. Is that something I wanna do before I wear it a lot if I do?
    Mine came out nice, however there's a couple of things.

Main thing being, w/ur jeans being relatively new, they're gonna be stiff as fuck and hard to work with. My jeans were about 5 months old when I took them in.

Also your jeans are gonna stretch... IDK how altering them will affect them.

But trust, the bottom half will only get bigger, so if you don't like them now you will hate them later. If it's not too late I would exchange for some NCs.

2. Pngwyn

Pngwyn Well-Known Member

Mine came out nice, however there's a couple of things. Main thing being, w/ur jeans being relatively new, they're gonna be stiff as fuck and hard to work with. My jeans were about 5 months old when I took them in. Also your jeans are gonna stretch... IDK how altering them will affect them. But trust, the bottom half will only get bigger, so if you don't like them now you will hate them later. If it's not too late I would exchange for some NCs.
    Hmm.. what if I do like them now? The area in the calves will get significantly bigger as well? There's not much I'm doing that would stretch them since they aren't skin tight, I think, but I've never owned APCs. If they stay the same size, then I think I am gonna be happy with my jeans. I've grown to like the less tapered lower leg area, it gives it some variation from my stock of skinnies. I just hope the thighs/legs don't stretch out too much more, all I really need is for the waist to stretch a little more and these will fit perfect. I think I will just keep the NS for now? So long as I don't wash it it seems the resell rate for these are pretty consistent in case I do want to get some NCs later (I bought the NS used). Heck I see some APC used sell for the same price as APC that are good as new so maybe it's not such a bad idea. For future reference do I want to wear the same NC size as NS? EDIT: Heck.. I'll throw in a pic.. worn for 2 days so far. What do you guys think? Stick with NS or go NC? They also look a little baggier because they're 34 inseam and I'm usually a 31 or 32, but I actually like the stacking. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. max_r

max_r Senior member

^^ i think those look great. nice slim/semi relaxed fit. my new standards never stretched below the knee, calf and hem stayed exactly the same. they only stretch where theres some pressure on them.

once the denim relaxes some more, the stacks will start to look really nice. they're always awkward looking at first.

4. Cool The Kid

[​IMG] Left = NS (post altering), Right = PS [​IMG] Top: post tailoring, bottom: pre tailoring [​IMG] ^^^Post tailoring... the big difference was in the front to back width. I think it could still get a little narrower on the bottom, looking at it now... but it's still way better than before. I don't have any pre-tailoring front/back pics.

5. Pngwyn

Pngwyn Well-Known Member

I must be blind @_@ The cut looks pretty similar on both pics.

Say.. if you wanted a more fitted version of NS wouldn't PS be a better option than NCs?

6. williamthegoat

williamthegoat Member

How long do the new standards come? 32, I hope. I don't want to have to get them hemmed. And I should size down two, right? How horrificly tight are they before they stretch?

7. Pngwyn

Pngwyn Well-Known Member

How long do the new standards come? 32, I hope. I don't want to have to get them hemmed. And I should size down two, right? How horrificly tight are they before they stretch?

I think it depends on the waist, but most I have seen are 33 or 34 inseam. Honestly I love stacking, so eff hemming anyways :\\

8. williamthegoat

williamthegoat Member

I like the stacking as well, and a 32 usually stacks a bit for me. Not sure how much more I'd get out of 34's. It's too bad I don't know anywhere around here to try them on.

9. Cool The Kid

I must be blind @_@ The cut looks pretty similar on both pics. Say.. if you wanted a more fitted version of NS wouldn't PS be a better option than NCs?
    Width wise they are the same, but front to back there was a huge difference. Unfortunately I didn't take a front/back pic before I got them tapered. Before they would cover the whole shoe w/that cuff; now they just rest on/around the ankle. PS is def trim, but prob won't work for people w/bigger waists/hips as they have like no rise. I think the NC is the best compromise

10. Pngwyn

Pngwyn Well-Known Member

Ahh I see. Well PS actually might work for me. I have a few Diesel Thanaz which are super low rise as far as I know and they fit pretty nicely. I might just try and size down 1 more on the NS? It might be risky, I couldn't button the top button on the current ones when I first got them, and they still are fitting tight at the waist after 2 days of wear.

11. JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper Senior member

You couldn't button the top button on your current pair of APCs? Then that's probably the right size for you. They'll stretch out more with wear and it'll def take more than 2 days to feel it. I think sizing one more would be detrimental to your sperm count.

12. max_r

max_r Senior member

kind of afraid to wash my APC's, i bought them about 15 pounds ago, and i think i might not be able to pull them over my legs if i wash them.

13. JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper Senior member

As in you gained 15 pounds? I don't think it'll shrink a lot in the legs and I'm sure you can stretch them back out.

14. max_r

max_r Senior member

As in you gained 15 pounds? I don't think it'll shrink a lot in the legs and I'm sure you can stretch them back out.

yeah. been eating tons and lifting lately, so pretty much all my clothes are getting too small.

i guess if worst comes to worst, i can do what i did with my old levis when they were too small, and jam random objects into the waistband overnight to loosen it up. whatever, i'll cross that bridge when i come to it.

15. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

I think I'm going to give the NS a try, I'm starting to prefer jeans that are a bit more tapered as opposed to a true straight leg.

That being said, I have a pair of rescues for sale in 34 for cheap, see my sig. [​IMG]