A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. BlueWord

BlueWord Well-Known Member

Got my first pair of APC last week after all the recommendations here and am wearing it today to my office...

Boy, this thing is tight around the hip, especially sitting down. I hope it stretches out like people here say it would [​IMG]

They'll stretch, I promise. The big thing with new APC's is just how stiff and rough they are. I recommend soaking them, personally, as it sort of softens them up... they will shrink a little, though, which may be a problem if you've already sized down a few.

2. BlueHorseShoe

BlueHorseShoe Senior member

I agree, I always thought this collaboration was pretty stupid. I can't see why I would want to be walking around with jeans that have "fuck em" stitched on to the back pocket. Kind of defeats the purpose of APC's minimalist style and adds nothing desirable to the jeans.

Completely agree. Was considering going this route if (against all odds) they were authentic and looking into a seam ripper. I don't have any desire to carry that message.

3. dune

dune Senior member

Going to NYC for a week on Thursday, plan on doing a lot of shopping. Best place to look for some APC jeans? Mostly looking for helpful staff.

4. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

How's about the A.P.C. store? I think there are a couple in NYC. You are most likely to have the widest selection there as well.

5. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

PC store is nice. Prob the best place to get jeans, the staff is knowledgable + helpful

6. dune

dune Senior member

Alright, thanks, didn't know that they have an actual store there, should be fun!

7. JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper Senior member

I'm thinking of trading my 30 NC for a 29 or 30 NS. I'm not sure if I like the tight fit right now of the 30 NC, will NS be any better? I could've sized down on NC to a 29 so I'm guessing anything in the 28-30 range of NS should fit me.

8. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

They'll stretch, I promise. The big thing with new APC's is just how stiff and rough they are. I recommend soaking them, personally, as it sort of softens them up... they will shrink a little, though, which may be a problem if you've already sized down a few.

Since I won't be wearing it every day, it might take 2 years to stretch them out. [​IMG]

9. Cool The Kid

IDK about soaking... the hard times are when the honeycombs and whiskers settle in. That period and the period up till the first wash are prob the most critical. I think I ruined my NS by not making the right moves in that time period

10. Pngwyn

Pngwyn Well-Known Member

Yay, I just got my APC NS 28s, they fit perfect. Well not perfect, a little tight, but they're starting to fit perfectly [​IMG] I'm 160 lbs 5'9" if that helps anyone. I'm surprised I had to actually size 2 down from Diesel size (meaning around 3-4 sizes down). Side question: Is there a version of APC jeans that are more tapered than NS with the rest being the same fit?

11. Cool The Kid

Yay, I just got my APC NS 28s, they fit perfect. Well not perfect, a little tight, but they're starting to fit perfectly [​IMG] I'm 160 lbs 5'9" if that helps anyone. I'm surprised I had to actually size 2 down from Diesel size (meaning around 3-4 sizes down). Side question: Is there a version of APC jeans that are more tapered than NS with the rest being the same fit?
    Closest thing is the New Cure, but those are a little tighter everywhere. I had my NS tapered from mid thigh down and they fit perfectly now.

12. Pinhas

Pinhas Senior member

First APC's; PS 31, sized down 2. About a month of wear.

[​IMG][/IMG]

Should I hem or leave? I cant decide. At first I wanted to hem but now started to like the stacking.

13. Pngwyn

Pngwyn Well-Known Member

^ I like the stacking don't hem imo.
    Closest thing is the New Cure, but those are a little tighter everywhere. I had my NS tapered from mid thigh down and they fit perfectly now.
    I have never got my jeans altered before, did they turn out pretty nice? I really like the NS, but I wish it was a tad bit more tapered. Is that something I wanna do before I wear it a lot if I do?

14. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

15. pham

pham Active Member

If anyone is interesting, I am selling my apc ps size 26 brand new for 100

also, is the butler offer still going on?