1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. cxbxw

cxbxw Well-Known Member

most shrinkage will happen in the waist, the length doesn't get affected too much in APC's, so it doesn't really matter so much if you do it before or after. personally i say do it before, since the fades aren't fully settled and everything, but its really all preference. one thing to make sure though if you're going to taper its gonna not mess up the selvedge line!
    Any shrinkage in the waist will just get stretched out again within a day of wearing. . . .I think?

2. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Yea I don't think APCs actually "stretch" at all; it's more of the wax in them loosening up. After the first wash, if you manage to rinse all the wax out, they are generally soft as titty meat. The only way they get stiff is through air drying, and even then they soften up after a few hours of wear. So I think it's key to get the upper block fit right. You should be able to pinch off maybe 2" of fabric at the minimum.

3. entrero

entrero Senior member

First,it's starch that's makes it so stiff and there's no wax. Second, wax is water insoluble..rinse won't get wax out if you happen to have it on your denim. Third, APC stretches...no matter how you sugar-coat it. Not a good fabric characteristic to have.

4. cxbxw

cxbxw Well-Known Member

Okay, but my question is - when the waist shrinks after washing, does it stretch back out again whilst damp?

5. entrero

entrero Senior member

Ofcourse, why shouldn't it?

6. cxbxw

cxbxw Well-Known Member

Ofcourse, why shouldn't it?

I thought there might be a small degree of permanent shrinkage. Surely a pretty fair assumption?

7. entrero

entrero Senior member

8. cxbxw

cxbxw Well-Known Member

no.

Passive aggressive doucebaggery doth not make the man.

9. entrero

entrero Senior member

Is that how you respond when facing a different opinion? Besides aren't you the guy that sizes down by 5? If that's even possible, the results are apparent. Let me know when you're off your period.

10. Strombollii

Strombollii Senior member

Any help in chino sizing? According to their charts, a "Small" is equivalent to a "28" jeans. I have a 30 in. waist, and wear sz. 28 PS. So I should buy small, yes?

11. stevent

stevent Senior member

12. 13k

13k Senior member

How is the quality on these here:

http://www.barneys.com/New-Standard-...efault,pd.html

Looks like APC "Steel Blue." Unwashed light blue denim, but not selvage. Don't think they will stretch like their regular indigo raws.

13. Kodiak

Kodiak Senior member

14. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah saw it wasn't selvedge but still very nice. Did not get a chance to try it out as I was in a rush but it was on sale and the color is unique. The raw NS I fit well in don't really need to stretch much usually, I don't like buying super tight anything.

Just wanted to make sure it's on par with normal APC quality.

EDIT: Fit is much skinnier than the raw ones or they don't really stretch. Either way a 34 NS Raw fits me perfect. I can barely get my calves/thigh into this pair. Not vanity sized but more TTS

15. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Niiiice.

But yea, give it a wash.

16. abcdenim

abcdenim Senior member

those look sick! how long have you been wearing those? and give them a wash if they stink haha

17. roflcopter_down

roflcopter_down Senior member

what does everyone think of the 'western boot'? anyone here own a pair of apc boots? any info would be nice

18. Kodiak

Kodiak Senior member

19. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Are those the same jeans Kodiak? I've found the rate of fades slows significantly after the first wash. I have had a pair of NCs for 9 months, worn maybe 2-3 days a week, and they're still stiff + waxy. I am gonna keep at it maybe for a year and a half, they are not too nasty yet. Your jeans look good though

20. Kodiak

Kodiak Senior member

Are those the same jeans Kodiak? I've found the rate of fades slows significantly after the first wash. I have had a pair of NCs for 9 months, worn maybe 2-3 days a week, and they're still stiff + waxy. I am gonna keep at it maybe for a year and a half, they are not too nasty yet. Your jeans look good though
    yep, same as the pics before