A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Krp480

Krp480 Senior member

YES! After about 1.5-2 years!

....Dumbass question. They have roughly 4 or 5 models out, look at their website.

2. Chie

Chie Well-Known Member

I meant to ask about the fit, like new standard or cure... etc...

3. max_r

max_r Senior member

I'm about to take my apc's to the tailor to have them shortened. I'm 5'9" and usually wear a 30 inseam. I don't like a ton of cuff. Do you think I should tell them to make them a 31 inseam and not 30. I really don't want to try them on because I feel they'll get screwed up. Thoughts?

you're not going to screw up jeans by wearing them

let alone trying them on

4. PattyC

PattyC Senior member

I wear APC New Cures in 31, I'd like my next pair to be Petite Standards, should I go for a 31 again or size down one more?

5. chethondo

chethondo Well-Known Member

you're not going to screw up jeans by wearing them

let alone trying them on

I told her what I wanted and then tried them on and the length was perfect (right at 31 inseam). I've screwed up so many pairs of jeans because we don't have any good tailors/alterations people that can handle jeans. I'm hoping this lady is good. The folks at Imogene + Willie (http://imogeneandwillie.com/) recommended her and they know their s**t.

I'd love to cuff all extra 5 inches of them but cuffs look awful on me for some reason.

6. Krp480

Krp480 Senior member

I wear APC New Cures in 31, I'd like my next pair to be Petite Standards, should I go for a 31 again or size down one more?

I say stay. My reasoning is because from what I have read, the petite's are higher waist, so if anything you would want to size up. Also, they are pretty much the same skinniness, just the Petite has more of a tapered leg (straight throughout the jean).

7. vthustle

vthustle Senior member

man, there's so much information in this thread its a little mind-blowing. i tried on a pair of new standards for the first time yesterday, tagged 28. i could button all the buttons and the fit was nice and snug. however, after reading through the thread, it seems like there's a difference in opinion on initial sizing. the sales associate recommended that i wear a belt to minimize stretch on apcs... but i'd rather not in the long run.

so the question is... should i buy a pair where i can't initially button the top? from everything i've read, apc's should stretch to where i can eventually wear them comfortably. even the sa said they stretch more than any other jean he's worn. this is my first foray into raw denim, so i'd like to avoid a trial and error excercise.

8. Krp480

Krp480 Senior member

man, there's so much information in this thread its a little mind-blowing. i tried on a pair of new standards for the first time yesterday, tagged 28. i could button all the buttons and the fit was nice and snug. however, after reading through the thread, it seems like there's a difference in opinion on initial sizing. the sales associate recommended that i wear a belt to minimize stretch on apcs... but i'd rather not in the long run.

so the question is... should i buy a pair where i can't initially button the top? from everything i've read, apc's should stretch to where i can eventually wear them comfortably. even the sa said they stretch more than any other jean he's worn. this is my first foray into raw denim, so i'd like to avoid a trial and error excercise.

Well, you should be able to button them, but they should not fit snug otherwise in the long run they will stretch a lot and they will be too big. They stretch anywhere from 2"-4". So, don't size down too much, where you can't button up all the buttons (happened to me, learn from my mistake).

I bought a 25" waist, I usually wear a 28"/29". I would recommend sizing down one, and seeing how it fits. If it is tight that is good, if it is to the point where you can't possibly button the buttons (me) that isn't good. I can button my buttons now but it is a squeeze. And it is in no way comfy, or durable.

Size down 2-3''.. 4'' if you like them to not fit. Just remember they stretch... a lot.

9. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Long time Nudie wearer, going to switch into APC.

I wear size 28 Nudie Slim Jims. About what size APC would I wear? Im about a 28-29 waist in Jcrew urban slims.

Also im looking for a slim, but not skinny fit. However Im afraid the New Standards won't be slim enough. I was hearing how Petite Standards or New Cures were skinny? How are they different?"

Thanks guys!

10. inimitable

inimitable Senior member

I've just got a pair of 34" NS. I usually wear 36" PRPS Barracuda, but wanted a slimmer fit.

Bought them based on the advice i read here. (they stretch loads, make sure you can do the top button up and they'll fit fine etc)

I can do them up fine in the waist but they do fit snug all over expecially the thighs.
    I've only worn them around the house as quite frankly they look a little silly (read: tight) to be wearing out.

Any way to make them strech out sooner? a quick soak? Not really wanting to size up as the waist does fit fine and by all accounts they will inevitably strecth.

11. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

For stretching you just gotta grin n bear it. I am a real 33" waist and I got 33" NSs... took about a month before I could really move in them. The waist stretched like 3".

As far as fit, I would say the NSs are like a Levis 514 whereas the PS are like a 511. If I could do it all over again, I would have got the PS. The top block of the NS is fine but the bottom block is too square. It would look better with a taper. I might just get them altered.

12. max_r

max_r Senior member

my ns fit alot different than my 514's, the 514's have baggier legs and are straight from the knee to the hem, and also have a lower rise.

i would say my ns fit more like sized-up 511's but with a slightly higher rise, and less severe taper from the knee to the hem.

13. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

I just received my PS 28. I sized down 3 (regular size 31, actual 32-34 depending on where I wear them). while it only took a couple of minutes for me to button them all the way, stretching them from
    30" to 32", I was surprised how tight they fit. I'm 6'1" and 145-150 lbs and thought that my legs were skinny enough that it wouldn't be this bad. I'll try wearing them at home for a while to try and stretch them out but Im pretty doubtful at this point. Anyone else size down 3 on the PS that can testify to the amount of stretch other than the waist?

14. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

i didn't get the ps, but the thighs on mine stretched. it might take a bit of time. walk a lot. i wore mine for a week of walking around nyc when i first got them and it helped 'em out.

15. vthustle

vthustle Senior member

krp480, thanks for the advice. i'm a size 30 most of the time, so sizing down the initial 2 worked for me. i was just checking with those who've had them before, since i'd like them to be a well-fitting pair of jeans and not stretch to the point where they're loose.