A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. max_r

max_r Senior member

4(?) of which are the same exact bidder.

Ohh. How did they fit you before? Could you even button them up? Cause I can button mine up but I am starting to get bruised [​IMG] ... It is that tight. I mean it is roughly at a 26" waist now if not 27".

i could button them they were just a bit tight, and afterward they were comfortably loose. i'm talking about levis though.

but the thing is there are already 5 bids on that pair.

haha oh wow. maybe when i'm done with my current APCs i can sell them on ebay for enough to buy new ones, haha

2. Chie

Chie Well-Known Member

the quickest easiest way to size APC's (new standards to be specific as thats what I have) is to do this:

measure around your body where you wear your jeans (usually this is on your hips or below). next, decide how you want them to fit. assuming you dont have super skinny or really big legs, size down 2" for a regular slim fit, 3" or 4" for a slimmer tighter fit.

so, for example (this is what I did), if you measured 33 around where you wear your jeans, subtract 3" (or whatever) for a slim fit, so now you have 30", this is what you want your jeans to measure. since APC's are vanity sized (tagged size = 2 smaller than measured size) subtract two more from the 30", and you get 28. so you'd get a tagged size 28 if you measure 33" around where you wear your jeans.

even if you dont size down they will stretch like two inches in the waist and be baggy. my 28's stretched 4" and now measure 34 in the waist, so they're pretty roomy. i dont need to wear a belt but if they get any bigger, or if i loose weight, i'll need a belt. stretching in the legs is less severe though, i've read they only stretch like an inch in the legs. mine stretched out to feel comfortable and roomy in the legs (took like a month until I could bend down comfortably), but i'm not sure how much they stretched, as i didn't measure them beforehand.

for reference, this is how mine fit right now at around 3 months, maybe a bit more http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9461/img1014u.jpg

wow, for real? so normally I wear size 28 I should buy a pair of APC NS size 24???

3. winwithacehigh

winwithacehigh Member

Any recommendations for where I can pick up a pair APC NS in Las Vegas? Thanks.

4. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

5. Krp480

Krp480 Senior member

wow, for real? so normally I wear size 28 I should buy a pair of APC NS size 24???
    No, unless you do not want to be able to button them up. I usually wear a 28/29, and a 25" waist is too small. I am currently trying to stretch them and so far it is starting to work. Try a pair of 25" if you are a true 28" waist. But 2 sizes down will be fine. To get them to stretch to their full potential it will take at least a couple of weeks if not a month of constant wear. Edit: go with a 26" actually, mine are standards, so the rise isn't as high. 2" down should be fine.

6. max_r

max_r Senior member

do you measure 28" around where you wear your jeans? new standards rise isn't high enough to wear at your true waist. also note that most jeans are vanity sized unless they are fuller rise jeans like 501's which measure exactly what they're tagged. the reason i dont like this "two sizes down from your normal jeans size" talk is because all jeans are sized differently. I have jeans marked from 30 to 33 that are all the same size in the waist.

7. Chie

Chie Well-Known Member

Yeah my true waist is 28", I measured few hours ago, about 1 inch below my belly button, where my other pair of standard rise sits.

Am I fine with APC NS 26 tagged size?

8. Krp480

Krp480 Senior member

Yeah my true waist is 28", I measured few hours ago, about 1 inch below my belly button, where my other pair of standard rise sits.

Am I fine with APC NS 26 tagged size?

Yeah, go for the 26, I am a 28.25" measured how you measured it with a slightly larger ass, and the standards I have are a 25" waist. Go for the 26" it will still be a nice fit, but the 25" will be a hell of a bitch to stretch.

9. Chie

Chie Well-Known Member

Thanks, another question before I place an order. For the same price, should I buy a "made in Macau" or "made in Tunisie" pair?

10. Krp480

Krp480 Senior member

I highly doubt there is a difference. I would just go with Macau, but that is just me. I didn't even know there was an option b/w chosing where it is made.

11. max_r

max_r Senior member

weren't the old ones from tunsia or wherever?

factory change was like 3 years ago, though i do hear that the older ones were a bit better quality.

12. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

you seen it in real life?

What's white cone denim?

i haven't seen it in real life, no.

White cone denim is made in Greensboro NC. White Cone has changed ownership since then, but they used to provide all the denim for Levi's (until the '70s I think.) They started in 1905. google for more.

13. chethondo

chethondo Well-Known Member

I'm about to take my apc's to the tailor to have them shortened. I'm 5'9" and usually wear a 30 inseam. I don't like a ton of cuff. Do you think I should tell them to make them a 31 inseam and not 30. I really don't want to try them on because I feel they'll get screwed up. Thoughts?

14. Krp480

Krp480 Senior member

weren't the old ones from tunIsia or wherever? factory change was like 3 years ago, though i do hear that the older ones were a bit better quality.
    Actually mine which are tan were from tunisia. I just got them from a member on here.
    I'm about to take my apc's to the tailor to have them shortened. I'm 5'9" and usually wear a 30 inseam. I don't like a ton of cuff. Do you think I should tell them to make them a 31 inseam and not 30. I really don't want to try them on because I feel they'll get screwed up. Thoughts?
    Stack them [​IMG] Otherwise, cuff them. I however like my style of doing it which is 1 cuff (just enough to show .5 inches of the selvedge) and then let it stack. That is just me though. Otherwise, the only opinion that matters is yours don't listen to anyone on here, whatever you like is how you should wear them.

15. Chie

Chie Well-Known Member

does APC have any jeans that look like this?
    [​IMG]