A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. 1up

1up Senior member

for the "what after apc?" question, i've been thinking about epaulet. it's actually less expensive, is made in america, and uses white cone denim. and you can talk to the guy involved in making them right on this forum. and you don't have as much stretch problems.

[​IMG]

Looks pretty cool...

you seen it in real life?

What's white cone denim?

2. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

Hmm, I checked em out, and not really what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a deep indigo, that'll fade with high contrast..

Thanks though!

No problem!
    Good luck finding your jeans!

3. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

eh, should have returned the NS. the cut's not for me after all. i'm taking a bath on them in the emporium if anybody wants some basically new ones.

4. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

A shoe question.

I will soon be selling some APC sneaks. Blue canvas uppers, white rubber soles.

Size on shoe is 44. Sole is about 11.5 inches long.

Standard charts put this at a US 10.5. Is this correct size for APC?

PS This is the shoe:

[​IMG]

5. JTK

JTK Senior member

deleted

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012

6. sidewinder13

sidewinder13 Senior member

I got my size 26 PS today. After two and a half hours and putting my thumbs and point fingers through torture, I was able to button the top button. Now it's time to stretch them out....

The knees are kinda funny, I'm sure I've read something about it before in this thread...

7. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

I got my size 26 PS today. After two and a half hours and putting my thumbs and point fingers through torture, I was able to button the top button. Now it's time to stretch them out....

The knees are kinda funny, I'm sure I've read something about it before in this thread...

How much did you size down? I am a true waist 30. The first time I got PS I sized down to a 27. Wore them for a week, realized they were just too small in the calf/shin area and weren't going to stretch there much. As a result of this I felt the knees were weird, because my knees caused stretch while my calfs didn't. Went ahead and gave up on those, got a pair of size 28.

I don't have as hard a time buttoning the top button on my 28...I wouldn't say it is easy, but also is not sweat inducing, and doesn't take more than 10 seconds.

I already think the 28 is a better fit for me. The knees are a little weird on these as well, but not as weird as the 3 sized down ones. I think these ones will even out over time as I break them in.

8. sidewinder13

^ I normally wear 28s in other jeans (I may be a 29 in Acne Max now, since the last time I tried a Max 28 it was a bit difficult. Used to be 28 though). So perhaps I really did size down three instead of two. At first it was just the bottom 2 buttons that I was able to fasten up. After 3 minutes or so, I successfully got the second button done. After that, I just wore them around the house for a bit and two hours later decided to try buttoning it up. The third (?) attempt was the successful one.

I have not measured my true waist, ever. Maybe I should, just for future reference..

It did notice that it is quite small around the calf. I'll just wait and see if it works out for me. I sure hope so.

I tried a size 28 in store as well. It was not loose from the upper thigh down. I can easily button the waist but it felt like I can fit my whole hand in. Then I remembered the 'size down' rule so I just got them online since the store is not selling anything less than 28 (good move too, I got it for way cheaper than they sell in store).

9. sidewinder13

^ I am wondering if I get a New Standard, should I get a 26 or a 27..... It would probably be a difficult thing to button up as well (just like my PS scenario above) and looser (dunno by how much) than the PS. But I don't know if the NS would develop much of that knee area 'looseness' as my current PS.

10. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

I don't know...i'm in the same boat as you and think we probably just need to stick it out. I had a size 27 PS and thought the knee bulge was too much with the contrast of how tight they were around my calfs...picked up a size 28 and thought the problem would be solved, but I have knee bulge in these as well. I think it is inevitable. I'm just going to stick it out with these new ones and hope it minimizes over time as the denim gets softer.

Does everyone have the loose knees/knee bulge when they are first breaking in A.P.C.'s?

11. max_r

max_r Senior member

knee bulge is just part of the game, can't really be avoided unless you're wearing really baggy jeans. as soon as the denim relaxes and stops bunching around the knees, it relaxes though.

12. retroaaron

retroaaron Well-Known Member

Is there an ideal time to hem the jeans? After the first wash? Before?

13. entrero

entrero Senior member

I'm 5'9" and wondering if I should hem my NS? Not sure how I feel about the cuffs... Thx!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's because you ain't cuffing enough. Stack or cuff, not both [​IMG]

14. Ippo

Ippo Senior member

I purchased mine from Need Supply last week and used the discount code "DCNS". I'm not sure if it still works though. But it saved me a whole lot of cash, especially since shipping costs $25 to Australia.

According to the tracking info, it has been cleared at customs yesterday so I'm waiting patiently for it to be delivered..... [​IMG]

Thanks for the heads up, the code worked and saved me quite a bit.

15. Krp480

Krp480 Senior member

Alright, I usually wear a 28, but I got a 25 in the NS Now I have to stretch the hell out of them... They already stretched roughly 1", but I can't get all the buttons buttoned. It is the one right before the top button.

Andway besides wearing them, or wetting/wearing them (tried both) that will stretch them a lot more? I just can't get all the buttons buttoned that is why I ask. Thanks.