A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

Do new cures have the same fucked up knees like the NS?

2. 1up

1up Senior member

Does anyone else feel like APC's are overhyped - am I missing something? Granted they're a pretty decent pair of jeans, I just don't feel like the color, weight or feel of the denim isn't anything too special? I've only owned a pair of Rescues though - are the NS significantly better, maybe I'm way off?

3. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

You seem to get the gist of it pretty well.

4. 1up

1up Senior member

You seem to get the gist of it pretty well.

When I bought my first pair of raws 4 or 5 years ago (RRDS) I was absolutely in love with them, never wanted to take them off. I don't feel that way about APC's, maybe I'm just over the raw denim appeal? I don't think I've enjoyed a pair of jeans more than Nudies...where to go from here...dior's?

5. mattt

mattt Senior member

Does anyone else feel like APC's are overhyped - am I missing something? Granted they're a pretty decent pair of jeans, I just don't feel like the color, weight or feel of the denim isn't anything too special? I've only owned a pair of Rescues though - are the NS significantly better, maybe I'm way off?
    You're right about those things not being anything special. However, APCs do have good cuts, fade well, and come relatively cheap, so that's the appeal.

6. 1up

1up Senior member

You're right about those things not being anything special. However, APCs do have good cuts, fade well, and come relatively cheap, so that's the appeal.

Yeah, without a doubt a great pair of jeans for the price; but what's the next level after APC? I haven't found many raw's that have appealed to me much (IronHearts, Flatheads, Samurais etc[​IMG]. Maybe Jean Shop stuff?

7. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

Personally, I like RRL's outside of the APC's I've got. Some friends of mine really like Samurai's, though I can't pay that price.

Got a bunch of RRL's for sale. Check the Sig. The SlimBootcut fit is similar to the New Standards, as I just get my tailor to take them in a bit once the flaring starts about 6 inches or so above the leg opening. Better denim, look and quality.

8. 1up

1up Senior member

Personally, I like RRL's outside of the APC's I've got. Some friends of mine really like Samurai's, though I can't pay that price.

Got a bunch of RRL's for sale. Check the Sig. The SlimBootcut fit is similar to the New Standards, as I just get my tailor to take them in a bit once the flaring starts about 6 inches or so above the leg opening. Better denim, look and quality.

Hmm, I checked em out, and not really what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a deep indigo, that'll fade with high contrast..

Thanks though!

9. BIGBERTHA

BIGBERTHA Well-Known Member

Here's some fit pics of my size 28 new standard. My true waist is 32. Started wearing them in December. They've been worked three days a week since. No wash or soak. Still smell fantastic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Shark_bite

Shark_bite New Member

On the advice of this forum, I bought these 27 inch APC New Standards from Context back in March. I've worn them semi-regularly since then. I like the way they've broken in, but they feel a bit too tight in the crotch and the thighs for me. I usually wear a 30, but my actual waist is a 32. I'm debating between keeping them and selling them. If I were to sell them, how much do you think they would go for? Sorry about the low res cell phone camera pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. mattt

mattt Senior member

Around $80 give or take probably.

12. insideman

insideman Senior member

I've had a pair of PS since December I've worn regularly. No washes, no soaks. I'm going on a month long backpacking trip. soak before or after?

13. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

14. flipsilk

flipsilk Senior member

I am hoping to sell my barely worn pair of New Cure 31's

Can somewhat explicitly describe what measurements i should take and where they should be taken from?

I obviously understand leg opening, waist and knee, but where is the thigh generally measured? How does one take the rise?

Whats a good starting price? They're basically flawless, have worn them less than 10 times.

Thanks in advance

15. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

for the "what after apc?" question, i've been thinking about epaulet. it's actually less expensive, is made in america, and uses white cone denim. and you can talk to the guy involved in making them right on this forum. and you don't have as much stretch problems.