A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Sancho Panzo Christ

Sancho Panzo Christ Senior member

Fuck APC's website. I place an order for the NS, get an order confirmation, then a day later get an email saying my order has been canceled? WTF [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

i'll join you in saying fuck apc's website. i ordered some shit on the first day of the sale, then like 4 days ago got an e-mail saying my order was canceled. i won't be dealing with them again in the future.

also, that dude's new standards fit perfectly.

2. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

3. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Follow-up on my sizing question. I bought a pair of what I thought were basic raw indigo APC petit standards in Paris. My lack of french probably did me in on this, but I now realize what I purchased were the Petit Standard Leger jeans. They are the APC petit standard cut, made in Japan versus China, with 2 % polyurethane.

I've searched online and can't figure out what to do with these. I'm fairly happy with the fit, but they seem to be bunching a bit at the knees. Do I treat these the same way as any other raw APC denim (don't wash for six months, etc...woolite wash, ocean soak, etc..)

Does anybody have experience with this blend? I assume they are going to behave a different way.

Thanks.

4. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

i def got the right size. walked around for an hour and my nads are jacked.

5. roguetheory

roguetheory Senior member

The fit is NOTHING alike. Rescues are a straight cut and 19cms in comparison are very slim- in terms of tightness, I'd say the 19cm fits somewhere in between the P.S and the NC. The 21cm will be more of what you're going for, and even that is a little slimmer than the Rescue.

Great, thanks for the heads up. Do you have any suggestions for any Rescue alternatives? Something dressy and in the same vein as the Dior's?

6. bs3009a

bs3009a Active Member

is APC still doing the denim swap? Ill be in NYC soon, and my NS are about 3 years old and getting pretty threadbare. Id love to be able to swap em out for a new pair of NS.

7. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Does anyone know of any specialty stores that carry APC in and/or around Las Vegas? With all this "size down so many" I'd like to try them on rather than just onlining it. And with Saul and Sancho's posts above, that might not even work out. Thanks for any info.

8. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

I have a pair of size 27 APC Petit Standard Leger's for sale. These are made in Japan with 98 % cotton and 2 % polyurethane. I sized wrong on these, should have bought a size 28.

Worn for 7 days, I soaked them in Woolite dark for 5 minutes because I didn't think it would be cool to sell my 7 day worn jeans without cleaning them in some way. I can't notice any lost color though there obviously was some blue in the tub.

These are great because they are much lighter weight than the traditional APC's. Perfect for summer. They are raw, just a different fabric blend.

I just joined so I can't post in FS or I wouldn't bother over here. Check my ebay listing. Retail is $220 at the APC store.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1154

Thanks.

9. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Does anyone know of any specialty stores that carry APC in and/or around Las Vegas? With all this "size down so many" I'd like to try them on rather than just onlining it. And with Saul and Sancho's posts above, that might not even work out. Thanks for any info.

Barney's would probably have them.

10. volatility smile

volatility smile Senior member

So I bought a pair of NS in 30 about three months ago, could barely button the top button then and I don't think they've stretched enough since then. The legs and thighs are all right, but it's horribly ballcrushingly tight in the waist. I can't even get an erection in these things [​IMG] I'm thinking about sizing up 1 or 2, but I'm not really sure what I should do.

11. mattt

mattt Senior member

So I bought a pair of NS in 30 about three months ago, could barely button the top button then and I don't think they've stretched enough since then. The legs and thighs are all right, but it's horribly ballcrushingly tight in the waist. I can't even get an erection in these things [​IMG] I'm thinking about sizing up 1 or 2, but I'm not really sure what I should do.
    What's your true waist size? If it isn't over 33 you should keep at it, the waist should stretch a ton.

12. volatility smile

volatility smile Senior member

What's your true waist size? If it isn't over 33 you should keep at it, the waist should stretch a ton.

Probably just a smidgen above 33, but I haven't measured in a while. I thought they would have stretched a little more than this after three months of daily wear, though [​IMG]

13. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Hey, I'm thinking of buying a pair of APC Petit Standards in Navy Blue/Sky Blue (they are striped) from APC's website. These particular ones are 53% cotton and 47% linen. How would you size these? I saw a similar pair on Context and they said to size down two, APC is sold out of my two-down size (28). I'm a 30 waist and I think I'll be alright in size 29 with these since they aren't raw and probably won't stretch as much.

Any advice?

Thanks

14. sidewinder13

sidewinder13 Senior member

get them from need supply

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=121195

I purchased mine from Need Supply last week and used the discount code "DCNS". I'm not sure if it still works though. But it saved me a whole lot of cash, especially since shipping costs $25 to Australia.

According to the tracking info, it has been cleared at customs yesterday so I'm waiting patiently for it to be delivered..... [​IMG]

15. Saul Silver

Saul Silver Senior member

SFJULY at Need Supply gives you a 15% discount