A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

The PS cut is supposed to be pretty tight in the lower leg. It will stretch out a bit but don't expect it to be loose around the calves or anything. It probably looks fine, and you're just not used to such a taper. Just stick with it and you'll likely grow accustomed to it.

Thank you. I'll stick this out. Anyone else have experience with this as well?

2. max_r

max_r Senior member

Is is just me or is the material not as rigid/stiff as it used to be? I bought my first pair maybe 5 years ago and I remember them being stiff as hell, like once the creases formed they were like steel and the skin behind my knees got rubbed pretty raw from the sharp stiff folds sticking into them. Now I recently bought another pair and they don't seem quite as stiff as I remember the first time around. Also the back pockets are too big now so they look a bit awkward compared to the old ones.... maybe my standard for denim has just increased to the point that APCs just don't seem that nice anymore.... still like the cut though...

before i bought my APC's i read through pretty much this whole thread, and there was a portion where people were complaining about the denim going down in quality (forget what year though). So its possible it isn't as stiff as the older stuff.

3. roguetheory

roguetheory Senior member

How do a pair of Dior 19cm's compare to Rescues in terms of fit/denim quality?
    Also if I'm a size 29 in Rescues, what size should I be going for in the Dior 19cm's?

4. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

fresh out de box NS sz 30 (down 2). had to suck it in to get the top button closed and had to hike them up to do it. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. dmash

dmash Senior member

^^I think those are going to end up being way too loose.

6. grundletaint

7. dmash

dmash Senior member

[​IMG] fo real?
    Yeah...how they look now would be a pretty loose fit for a fully broken in pair. When you say size down 2....did ur waist measure 32 and you got a 30? Because in reality that's just getting your normal size and not sizing down 2.

8. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Yea homeboy has some skinny legs with respect to his waist.... I would go for the PS

9. grundletaint

I got 30 hoping they'd end up at 17 across since that's what my jeans measure where I actually wear them. PS? Really?

10. dmash

dmash Senior member

I got 30 hoping they'd end up at 17 across since that's what my jeans measure where I actually wear them. PS? Really?
    No, that's correct on the sizing. I just bought a 29 in rescue...as I want them to be 16.5 stretched out. Yeah man...you DEFINITELY need to go with PS. You have no legs nor butt in those. The butt will probably end up looking bad saggy too. (BTW, not being a smartass, just don't want you to be super unhappy with your purchase). EDIT: and also.....how loose all that is everywhere....you're not going to develop any really nice fades as you're not putting any pressure anywhere.....except maybe your stacking.

11. grundletaint

Cool thanks! Size the PS the same way?

12. max_r

max_r Senior member

if you like the 'loose in the calfs' straight leg look, i'd just exchange for a size smaller (my size 28 new standards stretched 4" and now they're loose in the waist), but if you want them more snug, petit standards might be your best bet.

13. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

How do a pair of Dior 19cm's compare to Rescues in terms of fit/denim quality? Also if I'm a size 29 in Rescues, what size should I be going for in the Dior 19cm's?
    The fit is NOTHING alike. Rescues are a straight cut and 19cms in comparison are very slim- in terms of tightness, I'd say the 19cm fits somewhere in between the P.S and the NC. The 21cm will be more of what you're going for, and even that is a little slimmer than the Rescue.
    Cool thanks! Size the PS the same way?
    WTF is everyone talking about, those fit pretty good. They are going to stretch to be baggier on you and you could go down another in the NS and I probably would... but the notion that every jean must nuthug to look good is absurd. And yes if you go with the PS I would go with the same size.

14. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

WTF is everyone talking about, those fit pretty good. They are going to stretch to be baggier on you and you could go down another in the NS and I probably would... but the notion that every jean must nuthug to look good is absurd.

And yes if you go with the PS I would go with the same size.

+1, from the pics and the description they seem like just the right size

15. Pinhas

Pinhas Senior member

I am going to get my first APC today in the SoHo store and I have a few questions; I red most of this thread and sort of know how to size, but what worries me is the fact the I have big butt and upper thighs, but slender upper body and shoulders. I also like the jeans to be tighter (but not skin tight) in the bottom (no boot cut and even straight cut). What should I go with? NS or PS?

I usually wear 34 but that changes with brands.

Will the NS be too loose in the bottom?

Thanks