A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. igiveafk1994

igiveafk1994 New Member

hey guys, how fast/slow is the shipping from APC.fr? i've never ordered from their website before. just wondering 'cause my order has been placed for more than a week now and i still haven't received a shipping confirmation.

thanks!

2. enaigee

enaigee Well-Known Member

hey guys, how fast/slow is the shipping from APC.fr? i've never ordered from their website before. just wondering 'cause my order has been placed for more than a week now and i still haven't received a shipping confirmation.

thanks!

my orders from them have gotten shipped the next business day. perhaps what you ordered is out of stock or backordered?

3. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Senior member

Alright, so I read plenty about the vanity sizing on the APCs and how they will stretch 2-3 sizes prior to getting my first pair of New Standards. I'm typically a size 30 waist (I'd love to get back down to 28 but I need to stop being lazy first lol) so I bought a size 28 pair. I can't button past the third button without rendering myself infertile. Am I just being impatient and these things will REALLY stretch those two sizes, or am I just fatter than I previously anticipated? I can't wrap my brain around walking around with semi-unbuttoned jeans, but if that's what it takes and other people have had to make that sacrifice I guess I can make it happen.

I guess all I'm asking is, how much have YOUR APC New Standards stretched, and if you tried to force the process, is there anything you did specifically? Thanks guys and have mercy on the noob.

4. bs3009a

bs3009a Active Member

I've had my ns for about two years now. They have been the "old ironsides" of my denim lineup. I am also a size 30 waist, and bought a size 28 in new standards, and also couldnt button them past about the second button when I first got them. I contemplated sending them back, but I decided to stick it out.

For about the first week or so I only wore them around the house, simply because I couldnt get them really buttoned without the real possibility of infertility. I actually even slept in them once to strech them out. However, after about a month, they started to give.

By my second month, they were fitting like a tight 30. By the sixth month they fit perfect, about a 30.5 right on the dot. They were by far my best fitting, best looking jeans.

Now, my ns measure about a 31, despite the 28 still on the tag and have been beat to all hell. And I love 'em

Moral of the story, Stick it out. Deal with the inconvenience the first two weeks or so. Youll be very happy you did.

5. flash82

flash82 Member

I've had my ns for about two years now. They have been the "old ironsides" of my denim lineup. I am also a size 30 waist, and bought a size 28 in new standards, and also couldnt button them past about the second button when I first got them. I contemplated sending them back, but I decided to stick it out.

For about the first week or so I only wore them around the house, simply because I couldnt get them really buttoned without the real possibility of infertility. I actually even slept in them once to strech them out. However, after about a month, they started to give.

By my second month, they were fitting like a tight 30. By the sixth month they fit perfect, about a 30.5 right on the dot. They were by far my best fitting, best looking jeans.

Now, my ns measure about a 31, despite the 28 still on the tag and have been beat to all hell. And I love 'em

Moral of the story, Stick it out. Deal with the inconvenience the first two weeks or so. Youll be very happy you did.

how was the fit on your thigh area when you first got them?

6. CSCoHammers7

Thanks man, I'm a fan of slim fitting jeans so I'm thinking if I can stick this out and stretch them I may even have to size down or get New Cures or Petite Standards. Unless JUST the waist stretches out and the rest of the fit remains where it's at now, but I highly doubt that's possible. I def appreciate the input.

7. enaigee

hmm your story sounds a bit weird to me. since 28's come at a 30" waist, yours took 6 months to stretch .5 inches?

my 28's took about a week to stretch out to about 32.5 inches and now they're at a comfortable 33" after a little over a month. I was always able to button all the buttons but in the beginning it was hell.

for the other guys question, i did no forcing to stretch the jeans, i just wore them. i would avoid doing anything unnatural from normal wear anyways as it may show later on in the jeans which may be a bad thing.

8. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

I just ordered a pair of NS and PS to try on at home and they got here today. I'll post pics as to which you think I should stick with. I can button all but the top button semi-normally, the top is pretty tight but I can button it as expected.

I really like the PS but the thighs are a little tighter on me than the NS. Will they stretch much? Pics soon.

9. igiveafk1994

igiveafk1994 New Member

my orders from them have gotten shipped the next business day. perhaps what you ordered is out of stock or backordered?

I actually received my order today. they never emailed me a shipping confirmation. shipping only took a week, considering I'm on the other side of the country, it was a pretty quick turnaround.

by the way, has anyone seen the leaked photos of the new APC X Carhartt collaboration? looks pretty interesting.

10. CSCoHammers7

11. Yet123

Yet123 Active Member

If i normally wear levis 501/505 size 30, which apc should i get and in what size?

12. Sancho Panzo Christ

Sancho Panzo Christ Senior member

If i normally wear levis 501/505 size 30, which apc should i get and in what size?
    definitely a 36 i'd say.

13. enaigee

measure the waist on those and -5 to get the tagged size for a slim fit and -4 if you want it looser than slim. ex: if your jeans measure 33", slim would be tagged 28 and looser would be 29.

14. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

hmm your story sounds a bit weird to me. since 28's come at a 30" waist, yours took 6 months to stretch .5 inches?

my 28's took about a week to stretch out to about 32.5 inches and now they're at a comfortable 33" after a little over a month. I was always able to button all the buttons but in the beginning it was hell.

for the other guys question, i did no forcing to stretch the jeans, i just wore them. i would avoid doing anything unnatural from normal wear anyways as it may show later on in the jeans which may be a bad thing.

[​IMG] He is probably wearing a belt, which is why his jeans haven't really stretched that much in the waist.

15. enaigee

[​IMG] He is probably wearing a belt, which is why his jeans haven't really stretched that much in the waist.

but he said in the beginning he couldnt button past the second button. something that extreme doesn't seem like it will be fixed but just .5 inch of stretching