A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

yeah if I ever buy apcs again, i'm pretty much gonna have a hellish first month. i bought 28 having a real 29.5/30 inch waist and I like jeans that stay in place. mine got to about 32. i wore 'em with suspenders. i guess i shoulda gone down to 26 so they'd stretch to just larger than my waist size. it's a fight i shouldn't have to have.

i...don't think i'm buying apcs again, based on the whole stretch problem.

2. bma

bma Senior member

should've worn a belt instead. reduces stretching.

3. ghdvfddzgzdzg

it wasn't just the waist though. the thigh stretched a lot too. they became quite roomy.

and i don't like wearing a belt all the time.

4. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

the tighter it is, the more stretching you will have.

5. ghdvfddzgzdzg

I'm still new to raw denim but I've been researching for a little while now. I've been thinking about getting some APCs based on all the credit it gets in terms of quality and such but it looks like to me that most pics of APC fades make the jeans look so grey and dull IMO. Is this just poor transition to pics or do other people find this to be the case in person?

Obviously fades aren't necessarily the most important factor for everyone, but in general would the overall quality make up for the greyness or if it is important should another brand be looked at instead?

The fade isn't that brilliant blue that Flathead and whoever else has, but people see my old APCs and say very nice things. i think the fade on APCs is great, but i've not seen anyone in person who has any jeans more expensive/elite/boutique than me.

6. steezin

steezin Senior member

Saw this question a few pages back though it didnt seem to get any responses...

Can you trade your old, worn (appropriately faded or whatever) apc jeans for a discount on a new pair?

Thanks.

7. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

^ yes, I don't remember what kind of discount you get though, or what their requirements are for trade-ins. Call and ask, I guess.

8. enaigee

enaigee Well-Known Member

my new standards have started feeling a bit loose in the waist lately, I thought maybe i'd lost some weight or something, but it turns out that my APC's apparently weren't quite finished stretching. 2 months old, size 28 and they measure 34", so they stretched 4" from the original waist measurement of 30"

i'm starting to think that i may have been able to size down to size 27, but that would have been a hellish first month.

wow i also have 28 NS which are at 33" atm. i hope mine dont get to 34" or that will be too big for me. whats your height and weight?

9. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

Which cut is most similar to N&F's weird guy (maybe without the excessive upper half)? PS?

10. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

US only [​IMG]

call up the store with your order and tell them to ship to you ?

11. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

^ yes, I don't remember what kind of discount you get though, or what their requirements are for trade-ins. Call and ask, I guess.

I got the answer to the question it 50% off

12. skander

skander Well-Known Member

I got the answer to the question it 50% off

Assume this means it has to be through their website or their store location in Soho?

13. max_r

max_r Senior member

wow i also have 28 NS which are at 33" atm. i hope mine dont get to 34" or that will be too big for me. whats your height and weight?

5'10" 150lbs

around my hips where I wear my jeans measures 33"

they dont fall down or anything, because they're still slim in the thighs, they just sit a bit lower if i leave them to their own devices throughout the day.

14. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

Assume this means it has to be through their website or their store location in Soho?

i think its store only , cause you bring in your jeans in and you get 50 % your next jean purchase.

15. yfarmanara

yfarmanara Well-Known Member

Which cut is most similar to N&F's weird guy (maybe without the excessive upper half)? PS?

yep, petite standards. a little slimmer in the top block but they'll stretch a lot more.