Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Does anyone know if the online stock is inclusive of the in-store stock? I need the Porsellis x APC flats in a 37 [​IMG]

2. max_r

max_r Senior member

First post. I just received a 28 NS. Usually wears 30 with relaxed jeans. I have pretty thick quads and small waist. The thigh area is pretty much skin tight, while the waist is good fit. I can button up my fly with ease. My question is will the thigh area stretch a bit after awhile? Should I just go for the Rescues and forget about the NS? Here are the pictures: [​IMG] [​IMG]
    i think those will probably fit pretty well once they stretch out. i've read that you can get about an inch out of the thigh with stretching. assuming you can walk right now without too much difficulty, they will probably stay pretty slim after they're fully stretched. be forewarned though, it takes quite a bit longer for the legs to stretch out than the waist, waist will likely gain about 2" whether or not its tight now. a guy posted a fit a while back comparing tight when new to two weeks later and it looked like this: http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/9...measured33.jpg new http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9...measured33.jpg 2 weeks later

3. ben39

ben39 Well-Known Member

Quick question. I own a pair of New Standards in 28 and they were a bit tight at first but now fit perfectly.

I am thinking of getting a second pair (NS or maybe PS) not in raw denim but in colour (grey). Would I be safe to get a 28 still or should I got 29 because they might not stretch as much?

4. srendam

srendam Senior member

Here are the pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice quads dude

5. flash82

flash82 Member

i think those will probably fit pretty well once they stretch out. i've read that you can get about an inch out of the thigh with stretching. assuming you can walk right now without too much difficulty, they will probably stay pretty slim after they're fully stretched.

be forewarned though, it takes quite a bit longer for the legs to stretch out than the waist, waist will likely gain about 2" whether or not its tight now.

a guy posted a fit a while back comparing tight when new to two weeks later and it looked like this:
    http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/9...measured33.jpg new
    http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9...measured33.jpg 2 weeks later

Cool, the only thing that is bothering me is that I can see the seams stretching at the thigh area. I'm hoping that because it is skin tight right now at the thighs, I can actually get it to stretch out faster. If not, I'll wait for my NF weird guy that i ordered from gilt. I think they have a wider thigh area.

Nice quads dude

Thanks.

6. max_r

max_r Senior member

Cool, the only thing that is bothering me is that I can see the seams stretching at the thigh area. I'm hoping that because it is skin tight right now at the thighs, I can actually get it to stretch out faster. If not, I'll wait for my NF weird guy that i ordered from gilt. I think they have a wider thigh area.

Thanks.

mine do the same thing, i think its just a byproduct of sizing down. never heard of anyone popping the side seam so you should be fine.

7. roflcopter

roflcopter New Member

Hey guys, I've been wearing in a pair of New Standards for about 18 months now. Thing is, the thigh area is just a bit too tight for my liking. Rest is a good fit. Size 27. Was thinking about getting a pair of Rescues but so many fit pics I see make them appear way too baggy. Another reason is they look too baggy to leave unhemmed being a shorter dude. What should I do? Can anyone recommend a pair between NS/Rescues? Slimmish but not as tight in the thighs.

Flash82: I realised this is similar to what you're asking, and from personal experience, the new standard thighs did not really stretch that much at all for me.

8. Max Biggavel

Max Biggavel Senior member

summer sale on apc.fr

9. flash82

flash82 Member

Hey guys, I've been wearing in a pair of New Standards for about 18 months now. Thing is, the thigh area is just a bit too tight for my liking. Rest is a good fit. Size 27. Was thinking about getting a pair of Rescues but so many fit pics I see make them appear way too baggy. Another reason is they look too baggy to leave unhemmed being a shorter dude. What should I do? Can anyone recommend a pair between NS/Rescues? Slimmish but not as tight in the thighs.

Flash82: I realised this is similar to what you're asking, and from personal experience, the new standard thighs did not really stretch that much at all for me.

Thats unfortunate, I'll give them couple of more days. If it doesn't work out then I guess I'll be selling them on ebay.

10. Branches

Branches Well-Known Member

Is the Hipster fit the same as New Standard but with a lower rise?

Or are they completely different fits?

11. enaigee

enaigee Well-Known Member

hey so i've had my APC NS for a month and wore them basically everyday. im concerned with the length and want to hem them to the correct length before all the fading occurs. i already hemmed them once but i didn't go as short as i liked so i could account for shrinkage. so my question is:

what is your experience with shrinkage after the first wash? how much did the inseam shrink? if i were to hot soak my jeans now, how would it affect my fading process?

12. SLeiber32

SLeiber32 Senior member

EDIT: Can't delete posts but I found an answer to my question.

New question though, anyone know where I can find New Cures in 26? Can't find them anywhere. E-mailed Need Supply Co. though because they have a SF coupon code and they have a pair of shades I want that would get me free shipping [​IMG]. Anyone know if they normally stock them and are out or if I should keep looking for somewhere else?

13. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

Is the Hipster fit the same as New Standard but with a lower rise? Or are they completely different fits?
    hipsters are a slim bootcut -edit-
    summer sale on apc.fr
    that sale is great 30-50% off

14. ben39

ben39 Well-Known Member

that sale is great 30-50% off

US only [​IMG]

15. max_r

max_r Senior member

my new standards have started feeling a bit loose in the waist lately, I thought maybe i'd lost some weight or something, but it turns out that my APC's apparently weren't quite finished stretching. 2 months old, size 28 and they measure 34", so they stretched 4" from the original waist measurement of 30"

i'm starting to think that i may have been able to size down to size 27, but that would have been a hellish first month.