1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

ty!

Been told numerous times (didnt actually test this) too size one up in PS compared to NS.

2. phreak

phreak Senior member

It depends what you're comparing against, but IMO APC sells pretty shoddy-quality clothes at ridiculous price points. There's been nothing particularly inspiring in the design department either

The jeans are alright, I like the cuts and how they fade, that's about it. I also have a few shirts from them, I've pretty much sold all the other APC pieces I had (and I had a lot). Not worth holding on to

I remember when I just started looking at SF and SuFu (probably late 07) and APC denim could be had for $120 retail, then 135, then 150, now 175. The hype over APC denim was created then when they were ultra affordable and by far (imo) the best value.

I'll agree that the retail prices are ridiculous. However uninspiring their pieces are, I have found they look better than their website suggests

3. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

I remember when I just started looking at SF and SuFu (probably late 07) and APC denim could be had for $120 retail, then 135, then 150, now 175. The hype over APC denim was created then when they were ultra affordable and by far (imo) the best value.

I'll agree that the retail prices are ridiculous. However uninspiring their pieces are, I have found they look better than their website suggests

Same with so much other stuff, kind of high retail prices but good value if you can find used.

4. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

I think A.P.C. products are always well made/nice materials, but the cuts are sometimes a little frumpy! Like everyone else has said, they are overpriced. Anyway, if this wasn't so expensive (for what it is), I'd buy this: [​IMG]

5. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

I think A.P.C. products are always well made/nice materials, but the cuts are sometimes a little frumpy! Like everyone else has said, they are overpriced. Anyway, if this wasn't so expensive (for what it is), I'd buy this: -content/uploads/product/301621_mrp_in_l-634387547872002334.jpg[/IMG]
    But then again, expensive compared to what? BOO is in a similar aesthetics and they stuff are higher retail priced. And if you compare it to other designer/brand stuff it is suddenly reasonable priced. Nice stuff costs money, i myself tend to forget that sometimes.

6. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

^ I really don't like the calico-colored buttons APC uses on a bunch of stuff. Looks cheap to me.

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I bought a pair of NS yesterday. I did not size down because they fit great already. How they fit now is comparable to how my Nudie Slim Jim fits after an inch of stretching around the waist.

When it comes to washing, would you folks recommend regular washing or dry clean? I want them to stay as dark as possible as this will be my dressier jeans to be worn with shirts tucked inside. Thanks.

8. phreak

phreak Senior member

Just use woolite extra dark and hang dry.

Again, fme their clothes fit slim and not at all frumpy. Their website photos are not the best...

9. 13k

13k Senior member

^^^ They're gonna stretch more than they have already. Wash with woolite dark and hang dry. Be weary of wearing light colored shirts tucked because indigo transfer does happen.

edit: what Phreak said

10. summerdaze

summerdaze Well-Known Member

dry clean.

also they will stretch. as long as the legs are what you want it's good, but otherwise yeah the waist will stretch and you'll get the hip flare, damn.

edit: alright im the only advocate of dry clean, i guess i shat my pants pretty early and dry clean saved them.

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Thanks, fellas.

The rear, thighs, and lower legs fit great. The waist can be .25 inch smaller, but it's not baggy on me. It's my first APC so I'll play it by ear. If they stretch out, then I will size down next time.

Interesting about the light color shirts. I was planning on rocking a white oxford tucked into the jeans. [​IMG]

So I guess the popular consensus is washing. Should I flip the jeans inside out prior as well?

summerdaze: after dry cleaning, how did your jeans look and fit? Same as before?

12. Zaarin

Zaarin Member

Anyone have a good recommendation on where to buy a pair of NS in Chicago? The only place I know if is Barneys. If not, any online stores SF recommends?

13. Astronaut888

Astronaut888 Senior member

14. Astronaut888

Astronaut888 Senior member

Critique this fit in NCs I feel it is ballbustingly tight and not the greatest fit for me personally. No problem buttoning up top button - but pretty darn snug all the way down. Is this the fit one would be going for in the NC? Or - is it as bad as I think?!? [​IMG] [​IMG]
    been working on these a bit off and on......... have actually been using them when working 'round the yard etc.. and, damned if they aren't wearing in pretty nicely. Getting some decent stretch in the thigh/knees. what'd'ya know......they may just work out.[​IMG] btw - the above is the horrendous initial fit pic

15. 13k

13k Senior member

Anyone have a good recommendation on where to buy a pair of NS in Chicago? The only place I know if is Barneys. If not, any online stores SF recommends?
    Needsupply http://needsupply.com/mens/brands/a-p-c?p=2 MAY10 to get 10% off any menswear purchase Context http://www.contextclothing.com/brand...d=A.P.C.+Denim TresBienShop http://www.tresbienshop.net/brand/apc/ 20% off US shoppers but international ship. Astronaut Those are pretty tight looking in the upper half... hope its stretched out nicely since then.

16. JaySongz

JaySongz Active Member

Hey guys im new to raw denim and i want my first pair to be APC
    Im a size 30.
    I look for a baggy style. heres a pic of how i wear my jeans
    [​IMG]

I think APC Ns size 30 is good right?

17. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Hey guys im new to raw denim and i want my first pair to be APC
    Im a size 30.
    I look for a baggy style. heres a pic of how i wear my jeans
    [​IMG]

I think APC Ns size 30 is good right?

No APCs will fit like that unless you size up 5 or so.

If you get a 30 in the NS, it will be a slim fit. The picture posted is an ill fitting fit...not sure why you would wear your jeans like that.

18. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Why not just get it from Barneys? That's where I got mine. Unless you can get it for more than 25% off, it's not worth it IMO.

19. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Why not just get it from Barneys? That's where I got mine. Unless you can get it for more than 25% off, it's not worth it IMO.

Barneys in Chicago does not carry APC currently.

To the guy above with the loose look. Try the refuge cut. Just get your usual waist size and rock it.

20. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member