• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

MF12

Reaction score
Say I left a mark/stain on my NC's after a couple of weeks of owning them...what would be my best solution as to how to remove it without washing them?

enaigee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sancho Panzo Christ
my blacks, after stretching, are like half an inch smaller in the waist.

smaller than indigos with same tagged size?

enaigee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sancho Panzo Christ
my blacks, after stretching, are like half an inch smaller in the waist.

could you post the tagged size and the waist measurement now and new if you remember? i would really appreciate it.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by enaigee
smaller than indigos with same tagged size?
as far as mine is concerned, indigo and black are very similar in fit and stretching. i'd say dont worry too much, get them in same size.

Max Biggavel

Reaction score
Raws and blacks fit the same. It's with the other denim, ie Pioneers and such that the sizing is fucked.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Max Biggavel
Raws and blacks fit the same. It's with the other denim, ie Pioneers and such that the sizing is fucked.
+39 internet points for the screen name....

xanatos

Reaction score
how many buttons does the PS have.
I have the indigo with 3 buttons and i have the black with 4..confusing???

Vornzilla

Reaction score
one day of hiking up a 4 mile mountain stretched it enough to be comfortable. too bad i cant get rid of the mud stains. i've only tried soaking it. i dont want to toss in the washer. is there a way to wash it off it without losing too much of the color?

blc456

Reaction score
So I am new to this whole denim thing and am confused by "sizing down". If i want to size down 2 do I measure my true waist and compare it to the actual waist measurement? Or if I wear a 32 usually do I just go down to a 30? I have a 34" actual waist btw.

Henryyy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blc456
So I am new to this whole denim thing and am confused by "sizing down". If i want to size down 2 do I measure my true waist and compare it to the actual waist measurement? Or if I wear a 32 usually do I just go down to a 30? I have a 34" actual waist btw.

If you normally wear a 32, go for a 29 if you're buying NS. NC you should size 2 down instead. APC (indigo ones, not black) will stretch like a mOTHER******.

avery

Reaction score
personally, i size down 2 on NS and 1 on NC (in fact, even sized-down-one new cures i wore for a few months didn't stretch enough to be comfortable). i've seen people have favorable results with sizing down 3, though. best bet is to try them on or look at measurements online

enaigee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blc456

some good info to know is that APCs come 2 inches bigger than tagged (28 comes at 30 inches) and that the waist will stretch 2-3 inches (mine have stretched 3 so my 28s now measure 33"). Taking that into consideration, find a pair of pants that fits snugly where you wear your jeans, measure that waist, then go from there depending on if you want the legs looser or tighter. The jeans will stretch 3" if they need too but less if they dont.

minnesnowman

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if these are NC's or PS's? I really like the fit.
S3EqR.jpg
Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads