Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

Which is the slimmest pair of APC?!? The petit standard?!? Thanks a lot.

The New Cure, I think. Or the Hipster, which few carry anymore, but Denim Bar still seems to stock.

2. enaigee

enaigee Well-Known Member

The New Cure, I think. Or the Hipster, which few carry anymore, but Denim Bar still seems to stock.

im not sure about hipster but despite the measurements, new cure is definitely skinnier than PS

3. Despot

Despot Well-Known Member

ya it does thank you. I think I might keep mine.

4. Jeffy

Jeffy New Member

I just got my APC New Standards size 29. I tried the 30's but the waist wasn't snug enough I thought.

On these jeans I can completely button up to the top button, with only a little difficulty. I didn't try sitting down in them yet because I don't want to stretch them so much I can't return them.

Here are some photos (sorry! they're very dark).

Please let me know if you guys think it is a good initial fit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a pic that didn't turn out too well... kinda got blocked (used 10 sec timer on camera):

[​IMG]

Please let me know ASAP! I've got a few days left before the return policy expires.

Any comments very appreciated. Thanks,

5. huuechiwong

huuechiwong New Member

trying to get some. but hard to find black denim anywhere..?

6. enaigee

trying to get some. but hard to find black denim anywhere..?

i dont know of any places so i had to resort to the apc site itself and had to pay for shipping and tax.

7. ffatt

ffatt Senior member

Hey fellas,

I am kind of new to denim and recently purchased a pair of APC NS. As I have been wearing them I noticed that the color outdoors seems kind of light. At first I did not notice, but when comparing them to say nudies or edwins (since they are in a similar price range) my NS seem much lighter and almost shiny. Do APCs use a lower quality indigo or does it get darker after the first wash?

8. yayorc

yayorc Senior member

my NS seem much lighter and almost shiny. Do APCs use a lower quality indigo or does it get darker after the first wash?

Yeah thats a lot of the starch I think, it wears out after a couple weeks.

9. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

Jeffy, it's pretty hard to tell, since you are virtually unlit in those pictures (maybe try putting the camera on the windowsill).

if you can button them up with only minimal difficulty, as someone above said, there is a belt in your pants' future. if you want these to end up as relaxed-fit jeans, then you've found your pair. otherwise, return them for smaller.

and whoever asked about shrinking above, by the time comes to wash them, they will shrink, but not down to how they fit was when you first got them.

10. Sancho Panzo Christ

Sancho Panzo Christ Senior member

11. enaigee

Jeffy,
    and whoever asked about shrinking above, by the time comes to wash them, they will shrink, but not down to how they fit was when you first got them.

plus it'll just stretch back out to pre-wash measurements anyways unless you plan on not wearing them at all after washing.

12. enaigee

I just got my APC New Standards size 29. I tried the 30's but the waist wasn't snug enough I thought.

On these jeans I can completely button up to the top button, with only a little difficulty. I didn't try sitting down in them yet because I don't want to stretch them so much I can't return them.

Here are some photos (sorry! they're very dark).

Please let me know if you guys think it is a good initial fit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a pic that didn't turn out too well... kinda got blocked (used 10 sec timer on camera):

[​IMG]

Please let me know ASAP! I've got a few days left before the return policy expires.

Any comments very appreciated. Thanks,

i think thats good. if you sized down one more the thighs might be too tight even after stretching. my NS were a struggle to button the top button and i can wear them w/o a belt now but a bit looser would be more preferable to me. but like i said, i think the thighs would be too small if you were to size down.

13. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

i searched around, but have not gotten specifics--how much do black apcs stretch? i know it's "a lot less than indigos," but since that means "less than 3 inches," that is not real helpful. an inch? half an inch?

14. enaigee

i searched around, but have not gotten specifics--how much do black apcs stretch? i know it's "a lot less than indigos," but since that means "less than 3 inches," that is not real helpful. an inch? half an inch?

i wanted to know too but didnt get an answer so i went ahead and bought them +1 size from my indigos. I'm assuming APC knows how their jeans stretch and according to context measurements, the knee and hem measurements for black NS matches the indigo NS for one size down (even though context measurements arent 100% correct i figure their errors are consistent). so using that comparison i got 29 in black and my indigos are 28. i'll report back in a few weeks to what the waist has stretched to but i assume it should be the same as my 28 indigos since the hem wont stretch so it only makes sense that the 29 black should end up like my 28 indigo. oh yea i should mention that i didnt get mine yet, they are coming today. ill post back later about the measurements vs my 28 indigos brand new.

15. enaigee

just tried on my black ns in 29 and it was too big for sure. it was too big as stock already so any stretch would have been even worse. it seems like they made them to be liek normal jeans and not stretch at all except the waist mainly and minimal stretch in other areas. i never heard of anyone sizing DOWN from indigo for black so thats the only reasoning i can come up with. gonna return them for 28's.