A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. robba

robba Well-Known Member

does anyone know where to buy their grey jeans?

2. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

keep in mind that when you size down the rise will also get smaller and not stretch or very little that it isnt noticeable if anything. i wear a 33" waist so i got a 28 in NS which came at 30" due to vanity sizing and is now at 33".

for the person who said the NS rise is way too high, i found that after sizing down to get teh correct waist, the rise is actually a bit too small for my liking.

i cannot stress enough to figure what waist size in inches you WANT it to end up to be, then minus 4 or 5 inches from that to get the tagged size you should get, depending if you want a slimmer or looser fit. for example, i wanted a 33" waist with a slim fit so i got a tagged 28 (33-5=28). also DO NOT fear if they dont stretch out in a week even with everyday wear for 12 hours +. the waist will stretch out fully before the thighs and other areas in the top block do. it should take about 15 days of 12 hour wear approx to stretch out fully, just a ball park.

I think I may have seen a solution, in the Men's Clothing section of all places. Someone posted that if you call the APC store in NY they still stock the original standard jean. That should take care of your rise issues.

3. pfurey

pfurey Senior member

Non jean related observation: apc's navy cardigan is the sex.

4. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

does anyone know where to buy their grey jeans?

+1. or someone sell me their. size 33-34.

5. Rolfi

Rolfi Senior member

6. Despot

Despot Well-Known Member

I picked up some NS at Barneys two weeks ago or so trying to wear them as much as poss. Dude there seemed to know what he was talking about when I told him I usually wear a 36 waist said to go down a size so I got the 35's. He said they wouldn't really stretch much in the waist. Seems they have stretched a ton. They fall low but stay on the hips just lower than I am used to. I guess I should have shown the dude what they looked like on me but I am not used to trying on clothes and having some dude give me an opinion.

Sure wish I could exchange them but I bought them on vacation in San Francisco and not about to drive 5 hours to the closest Barneys.

Haven't washed or soaked these yet and don't plant to for a long time any chance these will shrink down?

7. hotshots

hotshots Member

ah sales assistant said i was a 27 as i couldnt up a single button. but 7 mths on, my ps has expanded so much wished i went down 1 more to 26.

8. max_r

max_r Senior member

Haven't washed or soaked these yet and don't plant to for a long time any chance these will shrink down?

they will shrink to pre-wash size, but will stretch right back out so there's really no point.

i would either sell them for a smaller size, or just wear a belt if you're happy with how the rest of the jean fits.

9. Despot

Despot Well-Known Member

double post.

10. enaigee

enaigee Well-Known Member

this is a question for all the black NS owners out there.

could you please post your measurements for the aligned waist of your fully stretched black NS and the tagged size?

11. Despot

Despot Well-Known Member

they will shrink to pre-wash size, but will stretch right back out so there's really no point.

i would either sell them for a smaller size, or just wear a belt if you're happy with how the rest of the jean fits.

I like em now hopefully they don't stretch more or they will be for sale. Just wish the dood knew what he was talking about.

12. yayorc

yayorc Senior member

I went to APC today and couldnt decide between NS 29 (could only button 2, tight in the thighs), or PS 30 (button all the way, comfortable in the waist/thigh and slim in the leg). Flip a coin?

13. max_r

max_r Senior member

I like em now hopefully they don't stretch more or they will be for sale. Just wish the dood knew what he was talking about.

mine took just under a month to fully stretch in the legs and upper thighs, but the waist was done stretching in like a week. hope that helps.

14. enaigee

enaigee Well-Known Member

mine took just under a month to fully stretch in the legs and upper thighs, but the waist was done stretching in like a week. hope that helps.

Same for me but I'd also like to add to not fear if the "waist" feels too tight even after a week. The tightness of the thighs can trick you into thinking that the waist is too small when its actually the thighs.

15. SiMoN3

SiMoN3 New Member

Which is the slimmest pair of APC?!? The petit standard?!? Thanks a lot.