Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Vornzilla

Vornzilla Member

what is the measured waist (aligned) for your atm and what is the tagged size?

whatever the tagged size it, it was that + inches when you got it most likely so you can tell if it stretched from that. please reply back with the measurements though. I'm curious to know so i know what size to get in the black NS vs my indigo NS.

i'm not sure what my waist size is. i usually buy jeans in a 28. because i like to wear them on my hip. i picked up a size 25 ns. i was able to button it all up when i got it. i can feel the thighs stretch a little but the waist is still uncomfortable. i'm assuming i'm not wearing them hard enough. i only do light walking in them.

2. avexdevil

avexdevil Member

how come i can't find any decent pics of worn in APC RAW BLACKS on the interweb?
    its like non-existent. someone prove me wrong quick.

3. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

i'm not sure what my waist size is. i usually buy jeans in a 28. because i like to wear them on my hip. i picked up a size 25 ns. i was able to button it all up when i got it. i can feel the thighs stretch a little but the waist is still uncomfortable. i'm assuming i'm not wearing them hard enough. i only do light walking in them.

Just sit around in them. The waist will be uncomfortable for a couple of weeks, then should feel good. If you can button them up, they are not too small.

4. roycey

roycey New Member

I just received the pair of NS jeans that I ordered from APC, size 27 (normally I wear 29-30) in indigo and I tried them on. They are tight, but I can just put them on. However, I find that the fit is weird right now, they are a bit higher on my waist than my regular jeans (I love Diesel Viker for example), and on the butt, there is some extra fold on the thighs (not really visible, but it doesn't conform to the butt).

From what I've read in the forums, the jeans will stretch out over time so that might take care of the extra fabric, does anyone have experience with this? Also, the jeans are pretty tight and not soft, will this improve over time as well even if I don't wash them?

Finally, would a Petit Standard maybe fit better? Has anyone switched their NS for the PS? I have a pretty slim build overall, 5'10, 140 pounds, 28-30 waist depending on the brand. As I mentioned before, Viker fit great on me as well as Diesel Saffado.

Thanks for any tips!

5. max_r

max_r Senior member

I just received the pair of NS jeans that I ordered from APC, size 27 (normally I wear 29-30) in indigo and I tried them on. They are tight, but I can just put them on. However, I find that the fit is weird right now, they are a bit higher on my waist than my regular jeans (I love Diesel Viker for example), and on the butt, there is some extra fold on the thighs (not really visible, but it doesn't conform to the butt).

From what I've read in the forums, the jeans will stretch out over time so that might take care of the extra fabric, does anyone have experience with this? Also, the jeans are pretty tight and not soft, will this improve over time as well even if I don't wash them?

Finally, would a Petit Standard maybe fit better? Has anyone switched their NS for the PS? I have a pretty slim build overall, 5'10, 140 pounds, 28-30 waist depending on the brand. As I mentioned before, Viker fit great on me as well as Diesel Saffado.

Thanks for any tips!

as they loosen up, you'll be able to wear them lower. the waist stretched out quick on mine, but stretching in the legs took a couple weeks to completely stretch out to the point where they fit perfect. i sized down more than usual though, so it might take less time for you. i dont know what you're talking about with the extra crease on the butt though.

yes they will soften up from wear, they're supposed to be uncomfortable at first. mine are at like a month or so, and they've softened up quite a bit.

can't help you with the different cuts though, i've only had the new standards. check out the measurements on context.com though, i think the PS has a lower rise and more taper, so if you find the rise too high and the calfs too baggy on the NS, then maybe look into it.

6. enaigee

enaigee Well-Known Member

as they loosen up, you'll be able to wear them lower. the waist stretched out quick on mine, but stretching in the legs took a couple weeks to completely stretch out to the point where they fit perfect. i sized down more than usual though, so it might take less time for you. i dont know what you're talking about with the extra crease on the butt though.

yes they will soften up from wear, they're supposed to be uncomfortable at first. mine are at like a month or so, and they've softened up quite a bit.

can't help you with the different cuts though, i've only had the new standards. check out the measurements on context.com though, i think the PS has a lower rise and more taper, so if you find the rise too high and the calfs too baggy on the NS, then maybe look into it.

i had the same experience.

when i first got mine, the waist was extremely high and uncomfortable but dont worry it will stretch. also when the waist stretched almost 3 inches on mine and the legs were still kind of tight i thought i might have sized down too much, but the legs stretched too. so dont be concerned if the waist stretches a lot but the legs dont at first.

you will doubt your sizing down decision for a few weeks probably until they stretch out but dont fear. even with that info i still doubted myself after a week but stuck it out and i love the fit of my APCs now.

btw, when i first got my NS the top button was a struggle and my bladder was under constant pressure.

7. badlands

badlands New Member

hi all! does anyone know where i could find these suede boots? online preferably, if it's at all possible? thanks [​IMG]

8. donnytuco

donnytuco Member

hey guys,

I tried on a pair of PS in sz28 in store and found that it was too big, ie. could fit my whole hand through with not much effort. I'm normally a size 30 but I have lost a bit of weight, so I'm guessing that's the culprit. The store didn't have any smaller sizes so that was annoying.

Now I know that I definitely need to get at least a 27, but I'm not sure whether a 26 would be a better option to account for the famed apc stretch.

Any suggestions?

9. Henryyy

Henryyy Well-Known Member

hey guys,

I tried on a pair of PS in sz28 in store and found that it was too big, ie. could fit my whole hand through with not much effort. I'm normally a size 30 but I have lost a bit of weight, so I'm guessing that's the culprit. The store didn't have any smaller sizes so that was annoying.

Now I know that I definitely need to get at least a 27, but I'm not sure whether a 26 would be a better option to account for the famed apc stretch.

Any suggestions?

Well..... generally speaking.... size down 2 for a slim fit. Size down 3 for a skinny/very slim fit. They will stretch 2-3 inches. If you only size down 2 you will probably have to wear a belt in the future.

10. Nazareth

Nazareth Senior member

Was there ever a mutual agreement as to which, the new cure or the petit standard, was actually the slimmer fit? New standards have way too high of a rise for my taste, but I'm still trying to maintain a straight-leg-ish fit. Should I size one up in NC's or PS's?

11. ahlun

ahlun New Member

^ would like to know too.
    ive had a pair of nc; sized down 2 - waist stretched out a lot eventually. found them horribly tight around the knees though

12. Henryyy

Was there ever a mutual agreement as to which, the new cure or the petit standard, was actually the slimmer fit? New standards have way too high of a rise for my taste, but I'm still trying to maintain a straight-leg-ish fit. Should I size one up in NC's or PS's?

Just buy a pair of rescues if you want a straight-leg fit.
    Cure = Skinny
    PS = NS with tapered leg

13. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

14. Henryyy

Anyone ?

Heh.. my friend was actually wearing that exact shirt tonight. Had I seen your post earlier, I would've asked for a creepy fit pic.

Sorry!

It looks pretty good in person, though... regardless of the christmas-y colours.

15. enaigee

enaigee Well-Known Member

keep in mind that when you size down the rise will also get smaller and not stretch or very little that it isnt noticeable if anything. i wear a 33" waist so i got a 28 in NS which came at 30" due to vanity sizing and is now at 33".

for the person who said the NS rise is way too high, i found that after sizing down to get teh correct waist, the rise is actually a bit too small for my liking.

i cannot stress enough to figure what waist size in inches you WANT it to end up to be, then minus 4 or 5 inches from that to get the tagged size you should get, depending if you want a slimmer or looser fit. for example, i wanted a 33" waist with a slim fit so i got a tagged 28 (33-5=28). also DO NOT fear if they dont stretch out in a week even with everyday wear for 12 hours +. the waist will stretch out fully before the thighs and other areas in the top block do. it should take about 15 days of 12 hour wear approx to stretch out fully, just a ball park.