A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Yea, it sounds like you're about a 32-33 waist then if the hipsters fit like that. Sizing down 1 usually means you can button them but they're snug, sizing down 2 is a struggle and sizing down 3 you might not be able to button the top button right away but it'll stretch to fit you fine eventually. So a 30 rescue would probably end up working, a 29 if you're feeling like a slimmer fit maybe, but it's hard to say if you never tried em on. Do they even make them lower than 30? For reference, i'm a 31-32 and i can button up right away apc new standards in size 29(about 3 sizes down). Good luck.

2. rzi

rzi Senior member

Appreciate the help everyone!

3. dengraz

dengraz New Member

I searched the thread and can't really find an answer.

I currently wear a pair of Slim Jims, size 29. Since I've been working out a lot lately my thighs have grown too big for them. They have the painted-on look in the thighs, but fit perfectly in the waist and below the knee.

Should I get size 29 NS? I still want them relatively fitted, but not tight and definately not relaxed/loose, and I'm pretty confused as to how much these will stretch out.

4. chronoaug

Get a 28, they stretch a ton. A bunch more than the nudies. Plus they're looser on the thighs than slim jims to start. When people say size down 2, it really only ends up being 1 because APC sizes are off by 1 to start with. If that makes sense.

5. dengraz

dengraz New Member

Thanks for the clarification and speedy response!

6. rzi

rzi Senior member

7. hahacoo

hahacoo Member

any suggestions on shoes to get to wear w/ new standards? most my jeans are usually just straight leg or bootcut, and ive always worn skateboarding shoes (es, circa, emerica). but the new standards leg opening seems pretty small and when i wear it w/ my skate shoes, it bunches up really weird, like it doesn't really go over the shoes at all, not even in the back. im guessing b/c maybe skate shoes are generally kinda big? any suggestions on some other shoes? i know nike sb dunks are skate shoes too, but any of u guys wear those w/ new standards? how do they look?

thanks

8. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

I'm not a fan of this, but a lot of people tend to just cram the ends under the tongue of the shoe in the front.

9. Empire

Empire Senior member

any suggestions on shoes to get to wear w/ new standards? most my jeans are usually just straight leg or bootcut, and ive always worn skateboarding shoes (es, circa, emerica). but the new standards leg opening seems pretty small and when i wear it w/ my skate shoes, it bunches up really weird, like it doesn't really go over the shoes at all, not even in the back. im guessing b/c maybe skate shoes are generally kinda big? any suggestions on some other shoes? i know nike sb dunks are skate shoes too, but any of u guys wear those w/ new standards? how do they look?

thanks

I'm not a fan of this, but a lot of people tend to just cram the ends under the tongue of the shoe in the front.

Tapered jeans can be tricky. I've found success with adidas stan smith, Supergas and clarks desert boots. I could do with more suggestions as well

10. chronoaug

I'd consider other shoes besides pacsun brand skate shoes. They're not very flattering on anyone and generally look ugly and sloppy. Some people have nice casual dress shoes/boots which are kinda expensive. But you can always look for something simple like vans slip ons or vans authentics, converse all stars(i like the white or natural ones) or converse jack purcells which come with nicer styling. There are plenty of nice looking sneakers that aren't super bulky like skate shoes or AF1s or Dunks or something like that. Just look through the WAYWN thread at everyone's outfits and pay attention to the shoes. You'll find plenty of choices.

11. tailwind

tailwind Member

Question:

Since i'm not a big fan of cuffing, I would like to hem my new APC Rescue, but i'm worried about how much shrinking will occur after the first soak (few months down the road). I would like to compensate for the shrinking, but unsure how much.

Typically how much length of the inseam do APC lose after the first soak?

Thanks in advance.

12. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Typically how much length of the inseam do APC lose after the first soak?

About an inch.

13. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

other than the rise, whats the difference between the fit of the Hipster and the NS?

14. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

other than the rise, whats the difference between the fit of the Hipster and the NS?

The Hipster is straight leg while the NS is tapered (slightly)

15. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

Hipster is straight leg from the knee down. NS is a slightly tapered.

EDIT: Doh. I never post fast enough.