A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Jerm

Jerm Active Member

i dunno man, that sounds pretty ballsy. it could work, though. are the thighs AND calfs of your new cures painted on?

Nope. They fit pretty perfectly, actually.

I've been looking for a new pair of PS, but I think only Context has them in stock atm. Since 29 NCs are too big on me, I was thinking I'd get a size 27 PS, since the PS seems to be slightly roomier. Unfortunately, 27 is the only size they are out of. :/

I think I might try the 26... but it just seems like a terrible idea.

2. costadelmar16

costadelmar16 Senior member

I've just received a pair of NC's...they're pretty f**king tight on me, as I've come to understand they're supposed to be. I can only do up the first button...are they too small, or will they stretch out? I sized 2 down (28 from my regular 30). I'm just wondering if I should return them for a 29? Thanks.

I just recieved my pair of NS and can only button the first button as well. I'm not sure if I should exchange them, what are you going to do? Also the rise is a little tight, does that stretch out?

3. enaigee

enaigee Well-Known Member

I just recieved my pair of NS and can only button the first button as well. I'm not sure if I should exchange them, what are you going to do? Also the rise is a little tight, does that stretch out?

i definitely recommend you exchange them. this is how my NS went. when i first got them, i could button it all the way up but the last button was a struggle and i had to wear it really high up. after stretching they got about 3" bigger at the waist. mine fit pretty slim and i dont need a belt at all to wear them. seeing that my TOP button was a struggle and i still dont need a belt for them, i dont think yours will stretch enough to be comfortable.

4. enaigee

just curious, has anyones indigo's stretch more than 3" in the waist? if so, how much?

5. Jerm

Jerm Active Member

6. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

do PS have the same inseam as NS?

7. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

How accurate are Context measurements for APCs? According to them, the PS is SMALLER in the thigh for most sizes... I was always under the impression that it was the other way around. http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=665 http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=29
    The APC site seems to suggest that NC is the tightest of their men's jeans, so it stands to reason that the PS would be larger in the thigh, which seems to contradict Context. I'm sure individual pairs vary, though, as do different runs, so if the NC measurement comes from a run that, say, was produced a few seasons ago, before the PS even came out, that could account for discrepancies.

8. enaigee

How accurate are Context measurements for APCs?

According to them, the PS is SMALLER in the thigh for most sizes... I was always under the impression that it was the other way around.

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=665
    http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=29

context measures are more or less true. some of them measurements are correct and some arent. better to just get the measurements from someone here. best option is to try it on though.

that being said. you have to take into account other factors of how the jeans are made. for example, even though NC knee and hem measurements seem to be bigger than PS, in reality the NC are tighter. part of this is because the NC flare out a bit at the hem so its deceiving because the NC calf area is actually tighter.

you also have to take into account the rises. PS are meant to be a lower rise jean so it make sense that the thigh is smaller. since your leg gets small from thigh to ankle, if you wear your jeans lower then it doesnt have to be as big as one as you wore all the way up on your waist.

in terms of tightness it goes (from losses to tightest) NS - PS - NC

9. ashy

ashy Active Member

^
    Fantastic advice. Very true from my experience at least.

10. erockisalive

erockisalive Well-Known Member

I've just received a pair of NC's...they're pretty f**king tight on me, as I've come to understand they're supposed to be. I can only do up the first button...are they too small, or will they stretch out? I sized 2 down (28 from my regular 30). I'm just wondering if I should return them for a 29? Thanks.

I've found that with NC's you should only really size down one. I did and still had difficulty buttoning the top button for a couple of days, but they eventually stretched out quite nice. I'd guess that if you can only button the first button then they are too small.

11. Vornzilla

Vornzilla Member

are the black ns harder to stretch? it seems like the waist stayed the same since i've gotten them. i've had them for a few months already.

12. Sherlockian

Sherlockian Senior member

I sized down 2 on my NCs, and worried at first that I'd overdone it. I put them aside for a couple of weeks of gentle low-carb + daily walking, then tried again and now, along with the stretch that WILL happen, they fit pretty good. They're roomier than a pair of Ande Whall Rakers that are tagged two sizes larger, that's for sure.

13. enaigee

are the black ns harder to stretch? it seems like the waist stayed the same since i've gotten them. i've had them for a few months already.

what is the measured waist (aligned) for your atm and what is the tagged size?

whatever the tagged size it, it was that + inches when you got it most likely so you can tell if it stretched from that. please reply back with the measurements though. I'm curious to know so i know what size to get in the black NS vs my indigo NS.

14. Jeffy

Jeffy New Member

what is the measured waist (aligned) for your atm and what is the tagged size?

whatever the tagged size it, it was that + inches when you got it most likely so you can tell if it stretched from that. please reply back with the measurements though. I'm curious to know so i know what size to get in the black NS vs my indigo NS.

I'd really like to know this too.

Also, my APC New Sandards size 30 have about 2 cm of space around the waist, but the lower part of my thighs and my calves fit somewhat snuggly. Should I size down to 29?

Thanks

15. max_r

max_r Senior member

Also, my APC New Sandards size 30 have about 2 cm of space around the waist, but the lower part of my thighs and my calves fit somewhat snuggly. Should I size down to 29?

Thanks

brand new and they're loose in the waist by 2cm? if so, i'd size down like two or more. I had some 30's first which were pretty snug on the first day, and i later changed them for some 28's which are perfect after stretching.

also, the legs will stretch out after a while, the calfs on mine were snug but not tight (looked tapered but not skinny) and even they have stretched out a bit to be more relaxed feeling. thighs were tight, and kneeling down was hard, but now they fit perfect and dont restrict movement (unless i try to kick someone in the face or something)