A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

is apc still doing that whole butler thing where you trade in your old jeans and get a discount on a new pair?

2. enaigee

enaigee Well-Known Member

yes...another size question...

I cant find a store within 500 miles, so i defer to the masses...

34" measured waist, need a 11.5-12" upper thigh (laying flat) though the rest of me is skinny (track sprinter).

Would the NS be too tight in the thigh? I was leaning toward the Rescue, but I dont want them to be baggy.

If I go with the indigo, they are going to stretch 2 sizes right? sooooo get a 32?

a tagged 32 would come with a 34" waist already and stretch to be too big. assuming 34" is where you want to wear your jeans, i'd recommend a 30 or 31 is you want it looser. my 28's measured 11 at the top thigh from the crotch when i got them so 30 or 31 should have at least a 11.5 top thigh.

3. max_r

max_r Senior member

yes...another size question...

I cant find a store within 500 miles, so i defer to the masses...

34" measured waist, need a 11.5-12" upper thigh (laying flat) though the rest of me is skinny (track sprinter).

Would the NS be too tight in the thigh? I was leaning toward the Rescue, but I dont want them to be baggy.

If I go with the indigo, they are going to stretch 2 sizes right? sooooo get a 32?

34" true waist or 34" where you wear your jeans? i've seen confusion about this previously, so i'm just clarifying.

my 28's measure about 11.5" at the crotch for the thigh. i have 21" to 22" thighs and they fit fine. actually, i kinda wish they were a bit slimmer in the thigh ( i like tight thighs )

around my hips where i wear my jeans i measure 33, and i wanted them pretty slim so i sized down 3 (tagged 28 measures 30, so they stretched 3 inches)

4. Islander

Islander Senior member

For reference, my Rescues are tagged 33, the waist measured 17.5" flat when new (~35"), and now fully stretched they measure just under 19" flat. I have a 35" waist but I wear these low and the top block fits well. Overall I like the way these fit but I'm pretty tall so I sometimes wish I had a bit extra in the rise and inseam.

Full measurements for the archives:
    Rescue tagged 33 (actual measurements after 4 months constant wear)
    Waist 19, front rise 12, back rise 15, thigh 13, knee 9.25, hem\t9, inseam 36

5. DLester

DLester Senior member

dumbass question, does apc make new cures in black and in grey? cant find on interwebz

6. enaigee

34" true waist or 34" where you wear your jeans? i've seen confusion about this previously, so i'm just clarifying.

my 28's measure about 11.5" at the crotch for the thigh. i have 21" to 22" thighs and they fit fine. actually, i kinda wish they were a bit slimmer in the thigh ( i like tight thighs )

around my hips where i wear my jeans i measure 33, and i wanted them pretty slim so i sized down 3 (tagged 28 measures 30, so they stretched 3 inches)

my 28's also measure 33 inches at the waist now

7. banjabear

banjabear Well-Known Member

Are there any places near the south of scotland that stocks APC Jeans for men?? basically in either Edinburgh or Newcastle?

End Clothing in Newcastle

8. porschemad911

porschemad911 Senior member

Yeah, after they fit snugly but perfectly when they arrived, I figured this. Have been wearing them in a bit with a belt the whole time to minimise waist stretch as much as possible. They'd only stretch if there was pressure on them right? Maybe I should buy the 29s in FS and compare :p

your going to need a belt for those in the future if your true waist is 32". the 30's will come @ 32" already and stretch to be even bigger

9. TerryWogan

TerryWogan Member

Are there any places near the south of scotland that stocks APC Jeans for men?? basically in either Edinburgh or Newcastle?

I got my New Cures from End Clothing in Newcastle. They carry New Cures, New Standards and some Petit Standards but only in limited sizes. Just Google End Clothing Newcastle for info. It's a great little store - prices aren't marked up either, they're the same price as everywhere else.

10. enaigee

Yeah, after they fit snugly but perfectly when they arrived, I figured this. Have been wearing them in a bit with a belt the whole time to minimise waist stretch as much as possible. They'd only stretch if there was pressure on them right? Maybe I should buy the 29s in FS and compare :p

that is true that they will only stretch where there is pressure but i've found that even with belts my jeans stretch. if the leg size isnt an issue then i woudlnt fear sizing down. my 28's are at 33" at the waist now. you will be doubting your decision for a bit when you size down but in the long run it works out.

11. banjabear

banjabear Well-Known Member

I got my New Cures from End Clothing in Newcastle. They carry New Cures, New Standards and some Petit Standards but only in limited sizes. Just Google End Clothing Newcastle for info. It's a great little store - prices aren't marked up either, they're the same price as everywhere else.

not relevant to the topic but: its also one of two places in the UK that carry BoO. End is amazing

12. Jerm

Jerm Active Member

I've been wearing my NCs for about 7ish months, and I've had the diaper effect for the last 4 or 5. Is this a result of the way NCs fit to begin with, or did I just not size down enough?

The waist has stretched about 2-3 inches too big as well, but this isn't an issue because I wear a belt.

Also, does the PS have a less, for the lack of a better word, effeminate fit up top? I like the legs on the NC, and was considering sizing down even more on the PS. Good idea? Terrible idea?

13. Sancho Panzo Christ

Sancho Panzo Christ Senior member

I've been wearing my NCs for about 7ish months, and I've had the diaper effect for the last 4 or 5. Is this a result of the way NCs fit to begin with, or did I just not size down enough?

The waist has stretched about 2-3 inches too big as well, but this isn't an issue because I wear a belt.

Also, does the PS have a less, for the lack of a better word, effeminate fit up top? I like the legs on the NC, and was considering sizing down even more on the PS. Good idea? Terrible idea?

i dunno man, that sounds pretty ballsy. it could work, though. are the thighs AND calfs of your new cures painted on?

14. MF12

MF12 Member

I've just received a pair of NC's...they're pretty f**king tight on me, as I've come to understand they're supposed to be. I can only do up the first button...are they too small, or will they stretch out? I sized 2 down (28 from my regular 30). I'm just wondering if I should return them for a 29? Thanks.

15. Fluery

Fluery Senior member

I've just received a pair of NC's...they're pretty f**king tight on me, as I've come to understand they're supposed to be. I can only do up the first button...are they too small, or will they stretch out? I sized 2 down (28 from my regular 30). I'm just wondering if I should return them for a 29? Thanks.

If you can only button the first button, you should definitely return them. They aren't supposed to be skin tight either.