A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. dznqbit

dznqbit Active Member

Whats the life expectancy on APCs worn to commute by bike After about 3 months of wear my crotch is very bright
    dude, first of all, thanks for not asking a sizing question. secondly, i just sent in my less than a week old petit standards to the apc store after the yellow stitching in teh crotch pulled out. the dues on the "i have a jean.." thread told me that it could lead to serious problems in teh future, and since the jeans were brand new, it was apc's duty to fix it. i like biking in my raw jeans too, but i might have to avoid it in the future as a result of this experience.
    I would say it has to do with seat placement, fit and the wash of your jeans. When my NS's were raw they held up pretty well; but after my first wash at 6mo the denim became much softer and the stress areas in the crotch lost it. Recently got them repaired & I'm back in action. No big deal as long as you have a decent denim doctor in da house.

2. jjpovnet

jjpovnet Member

Have you adjusted for the vanity sizing?
    If a 34 fits well, stick with it

Tnx! I have only one pair of Apcs 34 size. My real waist measurement is about 37''.

3. Sancho Panzo Christ

Sancho Panzo Christ Senior member

How do you get the range of motion in those nuthuggers in order to operate the pedals of a bicycle?!

by just sizing down one. plus i have a tiny penis/balls...

4. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

5. enaigee

enaigee Well-Known Member

Tnx! I have only one pair of Apcs 34 size. My real waist measurement is about 37''.

whats the measurement on your black Apcs? w/e that measurement is (assuming thats the size you want the indigos to be) minus 4 from that to account for vanity sizing (2inches) and stretch (another 2 inches or even more).

for example, if your black Apcs measure to 37" like your waist, get a 33 in indigo NS. tagged 33 will come @ 35" and stretch to 37" after a few months.

im curious to see the waist measurement on your black Apcs as well to see what the stretch is (your tagged 34 probably came @ 36" new)

6. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Senior member

i would just like to say . . . i've had Nudie Sven's, Naked & Famous Weird Guys, APC Rescues, PBJ's 005's, FH 3001's, SDA-103's, Samurai 610's, Samurai 0500's, Skull 5010xx's

AND GODDAMN IT! after all these years . . . 7 years of dry denim trials . . . the ubiquitous APC New Standards are the ones that fit me like magic the second i put them on, ugh, lol!

they do everything i need them to do;

- a nice tight top block and straight in the hips so i don't get hip flare or diaper ass
    - slightly more room in the thighs so my slightly athletic thighs don't look like sausages
    - rise long enough that it doesn't accentuate my long torso-ness, but short enough that i'm not wearing em at my nips.
    - slimmed just the right amount from the knee to the hem that they sit nicely on top of regular shoes, but still wide enough for my cowboy boots to fit over them
    - oh, and wow, i actually kind of do have an ass . . .

i know i'm going backwards in the dry denim owner's evolution with this cut and fit. BUT i can wear them with everything, literally - i've literally gone through everything i wear in my closet and tried them on with these. before it used to be, 'oh those are too skinny to guy with that loose shirt' or 'those are too baggy bc this shirt has a skinny collar and placket'

needless to say i'm a happy camper . . .

i wear pants 'labeled' anywhere from 30 to 33 depending on the brand, but my natural waist size using a tape measure is 32. i went with a 29 - they were notoriously tight to begin with but have since calmed down a bit and look awesooommmme.

i think it should be noted that i don't have much of a booty so i think thats why i've been able to size down 3 rather than the traditional 2. they have a nice fitted, slim-straight look on me, not skinny.

measurements on mine were:

waist: 31
    front rise: 10.5
    back rise: 13.75
    thigh: 11
    knee: 8.3
    hem: 7.75

good luck future APC'ers!

7. enaigee

i would just like to say . . . i've had Nudie Sven's, Naked & Famous Weird Guys, APC Rescues, PBJ's 005's, FH 3001's, SDA-103's, Samurai 610's, Samurai 0500's, Skull 5010xx's

AND GODDAMN IT! after all these years . . . 7 years of dry denim trials . . . the ubiquitous APC New Standards are the ones that fit me like magic the second i put them on, ugh, lol!

they do everything i need them to do;

- a nice tight top block and straight in the hips so i don't get hip flare or diaper ass
    - slightly more room in the thighs so my slightly athletic thighs don't look like sausages
    - rise long enough that it doesn't accentuate my long torso-ness, but short enough that i'm not wearing em at my nips.
    - slimmed just the right amount from the knee to the hem that they sit nicely on top of regular shoes, but still wide enough for my cowboy boots to fit over them
    - oh, and wow, i actually kind of do have an ass . . .

i know i'm going backwards in the dry denim owner's evolution with this cut and fit. BUT i can wear them with everything, literally - i've literally gone through everything i wear in my closet and tried them on with these. before it used to be, 'oh those are too skinny to guy with that loose shirt' or 'those are too baggy bc this shirt has a skinny collar and placket'

needless to say i'm a happy camper . . .

i wear pants 'labeled' anywhere from 30 to 33 depending on the brand, but my natural waist size using a tape measure is 32. i went with a 29 - they were notoriously tight to begin with but have since calmed down a bit and look awesooommmme.

i think it should be noted that i don't have much of a booty so i think thats why i've been able to size down 3 rather than the traditional 2. they have a nice fitted, slim-straight look on me, not skinny.

measurements on mine were:

waist: 31
    front rise: 10.5
    back rise: 13.75
    thigh: 11
    knee: 8.3
    hem: 7.75

good luck future APC'ers!

whats the waist measurement now? and how long have you been wearing them?

8. jjpovnet

jjpovnet Member

whats the measurement on your black Apcs? w/e that measurement is (assuming thats the size you want the indigos to be) minus 4 from that to account for vanity sizing (2inches) and stretch (another 2 inches or even more). for example, if your black Apcs measure to 37" like your waist, get a 33 in indigo NS. tagged 33 will come @ 35" and stretch to 37" after a few months. im curious to see the waist measurement on your black Apcs as well to see what the stretch is (your tagged 34 probably came @ 36" new)
    The waist measurement on my black Apcs is about 37'' (37.5'' maybe). (Tagged size is 34) The jeans fit me well. At fisrst these was tight... Do you think should I size down from my black apc to indigo?

9. entrero

entrero Senior member

At page 366 and people are still asking the same sizing questions. I thought humanity is going through a devolution. The first few pages of this thread are just vague suggestions.

Please LA guy edit your post and copy-paste what's on this thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...ad.php?t=45979

10. thoogsby

thoogsby Senior member

I spilled Pork Vindaloo all over my Rescues two days after their first wash. Fuck my life.

11. Jonah

Jonah Senior member

Has anyone seen the APC Petit Standard Black Washed? Looks pretty awesome, reminiscent of ACNE max cash.

Anyway I was wondering how I should size a supposedly 'washed' pair? Does anyone have information regarding washed APC's in general?

12. enaigee

The waist measurement on my black Apcs is about 37'' (37.5'' maybe). (Tagged size is 34)

The jeans fit me well. At fisrst these was tight...
    Do you think should I size down from my black apc to indigo?

im not sure how the leg measurements will be but i know for sure the indogos can stretch 2" in the waist no problem so if you get a tagged 33 indigo it will get to 37" in the waist no problem.

13. porschemad911

porschemad911 Senior member

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the info, I just ordered a pair from Context. I'm a 32" true waist, so ordered a size 30 for a slim / straight fit. Can't wait 'til they arrive!

14. enaigee

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the info, I just ordered a pair from Context. I'm a 32" true waist, so ordered a size 30 for a slim / straight fit. Can't wait 'til they arrive!

your going to need a belt for those in the future if your true waist is 32". the 30's will come @ 32" already and stretch to be even bigger

15. enaigee

just got my 28 NS today and here the measurements if anyone wants them

waist (aligned) - 30"
    knee (measured 14" down from crotch) - 8"
    hem - 7.375"