A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. enaigee

enaigee Well-Known Member

a friend of mine recently got some 25 NS in indigo and i got some measurements for people if it would help them

thigh (from outside the crotch seam) - 9.5
    thigh (the whole thigh from the crotch, past the crotch seam) - 10
    knee (measured 14" down from the crotch) - 7.25
    hem - 6.75

when you lay jeans flat you'll notice at the crotch the seam that goes down along the inside of the leg is not at the very edge so that's where the two different thigh measurements came from. i only got to measure the waste after a few hours of wear and it stretched to 28" and im sure they wil stretch more.

take into consideration that context measurements are

thigh - 9.5
    knee - 7.25
    hem - 7

so it seems the knee is right on but the thigh is only correct if you measure from the edge of the seam and the hem is over measured. i'll have measurements for a sz28 on friday.

2. flipsilk

flipsilk Senior member

Bought NS in 32 a few years back. Wore them into the ground but the waist ended up way to big and by the end my perception of the leg opening was waaaay too big.

Next went for a NC 31. I just cant seem to break these in, they are too damn tight. They sheeth my calf, pinch behind my knees and leave my boys very little breathing room.

Am i just not built for APC's? Would the PS fit my needs? NS in a smaller waist?

What say you all?

3. enaigee

Bought NS in 32 a few years back. Wore them into the ground but the waist ended up way to big and by the end my perception of the leg opening was waaaay too big.

Next went for a NC 31. I just cant seem to break these in, they are too damn tight. They sheeth my calf, pinch behind my knees and leave my boys very little breathing room.

Am i just not built for APC's? Would the PS fit my needs? NS in a smaller waist?

What say you all?

did you try a smaller NS size since you said the waist became too big? whats the waist measurements on a snug fitting pair of jeans for you?

4. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

What say you all?

Do you mind measuring your pair of stretched out 32s? I think we may be of similar size and I'm looking to get a black pair of NS. If you could please:

Waist (front and back aligned), Thigh (at crotch), and leg opening.

5. flipsilk

flipsilk Senior member

did you try a smaller NS size since you said the waist became too big? whats the waist measurements on a snug fitting pair of jeans for you?

It really depends on the jeans... I'm wearing a 31 Levis cap E right now but they have a big of stretch to them i think. I have a pair of WWM cargos that are 32's. My NC are pretty tight around the waist, not to the utmost constrictive though.

Are NS and NC the exact same waist stretch?

6. flipsilk

flipsilk Senior member

Do you mind measuring your pair of stretched out 32s? I think we may be of similar size and I'm looking to get a black pair of NS. If you could please:

Waist (front and back aligned), Thigh (at crotch), and leg opening.

Sorry, these were turned to cutoffs last summer, and unraveled after a few too many drunken campfires...

7. enaigee

It really depends on the jeans... I'm wearing a 31 Levis cap E right now but they have a big of stretch to them i think. I have a pair of WWM cargos that are 32's. My NC are pretty tight around the waist, not to the utmost constrictive though.

Are NS and NC the exact same waist stretch?

is that 31 and 32 tagged or measured? you should find out the measured size then go from there. probably the cargos since you said the levis have stretch. and im pretty sure NC and NS have same waist stretch. i think people choose dif sizes for NC and NS is cause of the legs.

8. Yogurt

Yogurt Member

Hey, because this question hasn't been asked in a while. Is it true that APC NC's have no selvage lining (red line, whatever you want to call it)? I remember reading this somewhere but I'm not sure if this is actually true.

9. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Whats the life expectancy on APCs worn to commute by bike

After about 3 months of wear my crotch is very bright

10. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Hey, because this question hasn't been asked in a while. Is it true that APC NC's have no selvage lining (red line, whatever you want to call it)? I remember reading this somewhere but I'm not sure if this is actually true.

Yes.

Patch that shit up just in case.

11. Sancho Panzo Christ

Sancho Panzo Christ Senior member

dude, first of all, thanks for not asking a sizing question.

secondly, i just sent in my less than a week old petit standards to the apc store after the yellow stitching in teh crotch pulled out. the dues on the "i have a jean.." thread told me that it could lead to serious problems in teh future, and since the jeans were brand new, it was apc's duty to fix it.

i like biking in my raw jeans too, but i might have to avoid it in the future as a result of this experience.

12. flipsilk

flipsilk Senior member

dude, first of all, thanks for not asking a sizing question.

secondly, i just sent in my less than a week old petit standards to the apc store after the yellow stitching in teh crotch pulled out. the dues on the "i have a jean.." thread told me that it could lead to serious problems in teh future, and since the jeans were brand new, it was apc's duty to fix it.

i like biking in my raw jeans too, but i might have to avoid it in the future as a result of this experience.

How do you get the range of motion in those nuthuggers in order to operate the pedals of a bicycle?!

13. jjpovnet

jjpovnet Member

one more size question[​IMG] [​IMG]

I have black raw apc jeans with tagged size 34. The jeans fit well, but I dont really know what the model it is, but I think it's probably NS black.

Now I want indigo NS. What do you guys think - should I order 33 or 34?

14. banjabear

banjabear Well-Known Member

one more size question[​IMG] [​IMG]

I have black raw apc jeans with tagged size 34. The jeans fit well, but I dont really know what the model it is, but I think it's probably NS black.

Now I want indigo NS. What do you guys think - should I order 33 or 34?

Have you adjusted for the vanity sizing?
    If a 34 fits well, stick with it

15. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

dude, first of all, thanks for not asking a sizing question. secondly, i just sent in my less than a week old petit standards to the apc store after the yellow stitching in teh crotch pulled out. the dues on the "i have a jean.." thread told me that it could lead to serious problems in teh future, and since the jeans were brand new, it was apc's duty to fix it. i like biking in my raw jeans too, but i might have to avoid it in the future as a result of this experience.
    No seams have started to come out, but I'm almost certain I will have to do some patching by the end of the year I just don't want them to completely disintegrate like other jeans I've biked regularly in. I had a pair of H&M jeans that were literally just tatters after about 2 years. I want to break these in quickly without destroying them.