A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Thanks, I didn't know that. Now a sizing question:

What size Black NS should I get? My waist measures about 35-36" depending on how tight I pull the measuring tape. I have Dior 21cms in a size 32 that fits pretty snug, RRL Straights in a 32 that have stretched too much (could have sized down 1 easily, maybe even 2). I'm thinking of getting either a 31 or 32 in the black NS. Any suggestions?

I don't know how if you have a size 36" waist you can wear size 32 jeans I have a 33" waist... probably could have done a 32, but I got my blue NSs in a 33. The waist has stretched enough that even after a wash I need a belt. Thighs are snug after a wash but OK after a few days. I would maybe measure again and just go 1-2" below that. Pics would probably help (no homo).

2. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

If you have a gut, your waist measurement will come out larger than what you wear.

3. thoogsby

thoogsby Senior member

Washed my Rescues last night for the first time. I hung them up to dry and now they're quite stiff. Is this to be expected? Do I just need to wear them a little bit and they'll loosen up?

4. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

Yes, wear them and they will break in again.

5. jjpovnet

jjpovnet Member

What size Black NS should I get? My waist measures about 35-36" depending on how tight I pull the measuring tape. I have Dior 21cms in a size 32 that fits pretty snug, RRL Straights in a 32 that have stretched too much (could have sized down 1 easily, maybe even 2). I'm thinking of getting either a 31 or 32 in the black NS. Any suggestions?

I have black raw NS with tagged size 34. It fit me well - quite slim, fitted, not skinny.
    Usually I wear 34-36 tagged waist jeans, but my really waist measurement is about 37''.

I think you should go with 33-34///

6. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

Does anyone own the pictured APC shirt and could provide me with a decent fit pic ?

[​IMG]

7. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Yeah I think my gut throws off the measurements somewhat but I just measured again: My waist measures 35", the 21cms I have are 35" and fit snugly. My RRLs measure out to be 36" and are a bit too loose. Correct me if I'm wrong but APC waist sizes are 2" larger than the tagged size? Accounting for an inch or so of stretching I should probably get the NS in 32 and maaaaaybe 31?

Also, I've had Rescues in 33 that I had to return because they were way to loose right out of the box before they even stretched.

8. enaigee

enaigee Well-Known Member

i'm not sure what the stretch factor is for the black NS but for the blue NS you should expect ~2" of stretch. i heard the black NS stretches less though (correct me if im wrong someone). if you want a 35" waist i think a tagged 31 would be good for indigo NS (this accounts for the tagged size+2" for vanity sizing and 2" of stretch to give 35". they may even stretch more than 2 inches but i wouldn't bank on that and get a 30). my first pair of APCs are coming soon but i have looked at a friends pair and did a lot of research. my friends tagged 26 now measures 30" (15" aligned) and he had them for a few months, thats why i recommend you a 31. even if the waist was to stretch a bit more it seems like it'd be ok since your diors are snug. however, remember this is all for indigos. hope some of that was helpful, if not then maybe someone in the future can use it haha ps: once i get my 28 NS i'll post up measurements for future references since i found that the context measurements differed from other peoples measurements.

9. enaigee

I don't know how if you have a size 36" waist you can wear size 32 jeans

I have a 33" waist... probably could have done a 32, but I got my blue NSs in a 33. The waist has stretched enough that even after a wash I need a belt. Thighs are snug after a wash but OK after a few days.

I would maybe measure again and just go 1-2" below that. Pics would probably help (no homo).

people may get confused if you mean 2" below the measured size or the jean size. the jeans already come at tagged size+2" so 2" below a 35" waist would mean a 33" jean = size 31 APCs. but if you mean waist size minus 2" = jean size then a 35" waist = size 33 APCs which would actually come with a 35" waist and not account for any stretch.

that being said, when measuring your "waist" the best way is to find jeans that fit on the waist the way you want them too, then measure that waist. if you measure your actual waist but wear your jeans lower, the measurement is no good and your jeans will end up being too small.

10. Branches

Branches Well-Known Member

I'm looking to get a pair of new standards, I usually wear a 31 in regular jeans and pants, what should i get for APC's? I don't want a ball-bustingly tight fit but i also don't want the waist to stretch out a lot and not fit me right in the long run. can anyone help?

11. altemp

altemp Senior member

I'm looking to get a pair of new standards, I usually wear a 31 in regular jeans and pants, what should i get for APC's? I don't want a ball-bustingly tight fit but i also don't want the waist to stretch out a lot and not fit me right in the long run. can anyone help?

27 or 28 depending on how loose you want it.

12. enaigee

is that tagged 31? or you measured your pants to be 31" in the waist?

APC tagged sizes are 2" smaller than their actual measurement and you can expect about 2 inches of stretching so...

measure the waist of your jeans and subtract 4 from to get your APC size. ex. measured 31" - 4 = size 27 in APC. you could get one size up from that if you wanted it bigger in the legs but you risk it stretching in the waist more and needed to wear a belt to prevent it from stretching. personally i rather have them full stretched so i can wear then w/o a belt so i know it will always fit.

13. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

NP and 31

14. enaigee

NP and 31

do black NS stretch more or less than indigos? and do black NS come looser or smaller than indigos?

15. Jonah

Jonah Senior member

I got a sz 29 NS recently but after a day of wear it got too big. If any wants it I'm selling.