A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. taco

taco Active Member

What's the measurements of the knee and hem on yours? I was considering a 28 NS but they're sounding kind of big for my taste

Knee measures 8" (measured 13" from the crotch seam) and hem 7.25"

The thighs were quite tight at the beginning, but stretched in a week or two. If they aren't tight on your thighs they might not stretch as much. The waist fit from day one but after it stretched 2" I started wearing a belt.

2. enaigee

enaigee Well-Known Member

Knee measures 8" (measured 13" from the crotch seam) and hem 7.25"

The thighs were quite tight at the beginning, but stretched in a week or two. If they aren't tight on your thighs they might not stretch as much. The waist fit from day one but after it stretched 2" I started wearing a belt.

that interesting, the guy one page back said his hem was 7.875" for his 30 NS which is bigger than context measurements, but yours are smaller than context measurements. not sure whats going on with that but i hope 28 NS would be like yours because i would like those measurements.

3. jesask

jesask Senior member

I just tried on a pair of NS...one inch down from my normal size. They were pretty snug...I'm not sure how I could have got on anything smaller without rupturing something. Are they going to get huge and sloppy looking? I prefer to have things looking neat.

I should add that I am nearing 40 and this would be my first pair of raw denim. I'm not all up on what the kids are wearing these days but I thought I would give it a try

4. max_r

max_r Senior member

that interesting, the guy one page back said his hem was 7.875" for his 30 NS which is bigger than context measurements, but yours are smaller than context measurements. not sure whats going on with that but i hope 28 NS would be like yours because i would like those measurements.
    my size 28's have a 7.25" hem if that helps.
    I just tried on a pair of NS...one inch down from my normal size. They were pretty snug...I'm not sure how I could have got on anything smaller without rupturing something. Are they going to get huge and sloppy looking? I prefer to have things looking neat. I should add that I am nearing 40 and this would be my first pair of raw denim. I'm not all up on what the kids are wearing these days but I thought I would give it a try
    first pair of NS i got were size 30 (sized down only one) and they stretched out like two inches on the waistband in the first day (to the point where they were pretty loose on the waistband) so i sold them and picked up some 28's, and they're still kinda relaxed feeling on the waistband after stretching all the way out (stretched 3" total in the waist). dont need a belt or anything though. these things stretch pretty quick, the 28's were tight all over when i got them and now they're pretty relaxed feeling without looking baggy. pretty much anywhere they're tight, they'll stretch a bit to feel not tight.

5. enaigee

my size 28's have a 7.25" hem if that helps.

thanks! thats very helful. how about the knee meaured 14" down from the crotch?

6. flurec

flurec Member

I have an actual 34-34.5 waist and went for the Rescues tagged 31. I should have sized down as these were way too loose for my taste. I'm 5'11" 165lbs. I wore them around the house for 4-5 days.

I read the rules and hopefully this is not breaking them (as I interpret them to apply to commercial posters). I saw some similar posts in the thread. I figured there is a lot of interest here so here I go-

These will end at around 8pm est, http://cgi.ebay.com/APC-Rescue-Selva...item4aa0d363d1

Almost like new, lots of pics, save yourself some bucks!

Sorry if this offends but I would have appreciated a post like this myself before purchasing mine from context at retail.

7. MJC8719x

MJC8719x Senior member

Hey,

Sorry for another simple question, but I have a pair of new standards that I have been wearing for the past three months. Usually wear them with PS Starrs but am looking for some other recommendations on black "dress" shoes that people usually wear with the NS.

Thanks!

8. max_r

max_r Senior member

thanks! thats very helful. how about the knee meaured 14" down from the crotch?

8.125" exactly

9. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Quick question, what online stores carry the black NS besides the APC site?

Thanks

10. enaigee

8.125" exactly

thanks man, you been a big help. i decided to go for the 28 NS. hope they fit nicely

11. jjpovnet

jjpovnet Member

Hi guys

I have black raws a.p.c., but really dunno what the model it is/ They dont say that it is "new standart", but the measurements are like measurements of new standarts(on the web-site apc.fr). They say only "rue de fleurus paris", no model name marked. Now they fit me well.

But..I measured them recently and true waist size is about 38''!!! (tagged size 34).. wtf? Are they streched so hard from 34 to 38???

And now I want to order new standart indigo. What the size do you guys thunk I should order? Black raws a liitle bit slimmer than indigo ones - maybe should i order 33 in indigo?
    Tnhx!

12. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

Quick question, what online stores carry the black NS besides the APC site?

Thanks

if u wanna buy em just call up the soho store , they do phone orders

13. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

My NSs shrank a bit after my first wash

Will they unshrink over time

I washed them in a machine, gentle cycle + Woolite Dark, dried in the Brooklyn sun

I think they will, just want others experience

14. steviecakes

steviecakes Senior member

after a day of wear they will stretch back exactly to how they fit before the wash.

15. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

if u wanna buy em just call up the soho store , they do phone orders

Thanks, I didn't know that. Now a sizing question:

What size Black NS should I get? My waist measures about 35-36" depending on how tight I pull the measuring tape. I have Dior 21cms in a size 32 that fits pretty snug, RRL Straights in a 32 that have stretched too much (could have sized down 1 easily, maybe even 2). I'm thinking of getting either a 31 or 32 in the black NS. Any suggestions?