A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Sancho Panzo Christ

Sancho Panzo Christ Senior member

sorry guys im new a round here, would it be too rude to request for fade progression pics of NS Blacks from members of SF who owns a pair? I've own a pair myself for close to a year now, and i'm wondering if my NS blacks are fading normally. They seem to crease and honeycomb perfectly fine but there seem to be no fading of any kind. Is that meant to be right? I haven't washed my pair even since i got it, not even a little soak in the tub.

anyone else care to share pics of their NS blacks? thanks!

there's a dude who posts in waywt who has a faded pair of black cures that look sweet. i think his name is jwied, or something. at any rate, i've had my black ns's for over a year and got nothing.

2. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

^much more difficult to fade

Ubiquity and uniqueness are two different things fyi lil homie.

tru

3. max_r

max_r Senior member

i tried looking for the answer to this but theres too many pages so i didn't come across the answer by going to random pages haha

from what i've read, the APCs will stretch anywhere from 1"-3" in the waist, but what about the legs? i.e. top thigh (from crotch), knee (specifically 14" down from the crotch) and opening (if any).

i've got some 28's that stretched a bit in the thighs, no more than .5" to 1" though. just enough to go from kinda tight to relaxed feeling. I was told that they stretch 2" to 3" in the waist, and not alot in the legs, and that was pretty accurate.

mine stretched 3" in the waist, and i dont know exactly how much they stretched in the thighs as i didn't write down the original measurement. I do remember that the thigh was a bit bigger than the context measurements though.

4. enaigee

enaigee Well-Known Member

i've got some 28's that stretched a bit in the thighs, no more than .5" to 1" though. just enough to go from kinda tight to relaxed feeling. I was told that they stretch 2" to 3" in the waist, and not alot in the legs, and that was pretty accurate.

mine stretched 3" in the waist, and i dont know exactly how much they stretched in the thighs as i didn't write down the original measurement. I do remember that the thigh was a bit bigger than the context measurements though.

oo thanks, tahts really helpful. how about the knee and opening? did they differ from the context measurements? because on context for NC the knee and hem is supposedly different (knee being bigger) but one member posted measurements of his NC and the knee and hem were the same o_O

5. max_r

max_r Senior member

oo thanks, tahts really helpful. how about the knee and opening? did they differ from the context measurements? because on context for NC the knee and hem is supposedly different (knee being bigger) but one member posted measurements of his NC and the knee and hem were the same o_O

hem didn't stretch at all (doesn't stretch where there isn't any pressure), knee stretched a bit, as expected, i wouldn't say it stretched a whole lot though.

here's the measurements of a pair of new standard tagged size 30's i got from context after one week of wear, before i sold them;

Tagged Size: 30
    Waist: 16.5
    Thigh: 11.875
    Knee: 8.625
    Leg Opening: 7.875
    Inseam: 35
    Front Rise: 10.675
    Rear Rise: 13.675

waist, thigh, and knee stretched out a bit from wear. knee stretch was more outward though, because unless the jeans are loose, you're gonna get atleast a little bit of knee bags.

as for the measurements of someones NC, i'd guess taht maybe they mis-measured, because the new cure are definitely tapered. NS are tapered too, but less so, I think.

6. enaigee

hem didn't stretch at all (doesn't stretch where there isn't any pressure), knee stretched a bit, as expected, i wouldn't say it stretched a whole lot though.

here's the measurements of a pair of new standard tagged size 30's i got from context after one week of wear, before i sold them;

Tagged Size: 30
    Waist: 16.5
    Thigh: 11.875
    Knee: 8.625
    Leg Opening: 7.875
    Inseam: 35
    Front Rise: 10.675
    Rear Rise: 13.675

waist, thigh, and knee stretched out a bit from wear. knee stretch was more outward though, because unless the jeans are loose, you're gonna get atleast a little bit of knee bags.

as for the measurements of someones NC, i'd guess taht maybe they mis-measured, because the new cure are definitely tapered. NS are tapered too, but less so, I think.

wow thanks a lot man. so it seems like context measurements are a tad under measured?

7. max_r

max_r Senior member

wow thanks a lot man. so it seems like context measurements are a tad under measured?

I remember the waist was exact, but the thigh was a bit bigger than on context and the hem was a bit bigger than the context measurements. i think the knee was the same.

8. taco

taco Active Member

I think context measures the thigh an inch down from the crotch seam. My size 28 NS now measure 11.5" across the thigh at the crotch, and 11" an inch below. The waist stretched 2", thigh ~1" and not much at the knee and hem is the same.

9. mcsisk

mcsisk Well-Known Member

Quick question. I just picked up a pair of Petit Standards in a 29 waist (waist size is 31) and I like the way they fit except for the calf down. My question is will the calf and hem stretch out at all or is there a way that I could stretch them out? Any help would be great. Thanks

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

So I just ordered my first pair of APCs. I read you're supposed to size down 5 sizes so I ordered a size 25 (I'm a size 30). Is this going to be OK? Will I get good fades?

11. bma

bma Senior member

Quick question. I just picked up a pair of Petit Standards in a 29 waist (waist size is 31) and I like the way they fit except for the calf down. My question is will the calf and hem stretch out at all or is there a way that I could stretch them out? Any help would be great. Thanks

probably not. if you want to stretch them out you could stretch them yourself (stuff it with socks or something when you're not wearing them).

12. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

So I just ordered my first pair of APCs. I read you're supposed to size down 5 sizes so I ordered a size 25 (I'm a size 30). Is this going to be OK? Will I get good fades?

You should have sized down 1 more.

13. enaigee

I think context measures the thigh an inch down from the crotch seam. My size 28 NS now measure 11.5" across the thigh at the crotch, and 11" an inch below. The waist stretched 2", thigh ~1" and not much at the knee and hem is the same.

What's the measurements of the knee and hem on yours? I was considering a 28 NS but they're sounding kind of big for my taste

14. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

Why not exchange for New Standards? Otherwise, you could always try pushing the legs of the jeans as far up your leg as they'll go and walk around, that might help.

15. steezin

steezin Senior member

The left leg of my PS has odd creases behind the knee, they're far apart and look pretty bad. Ive been wearing them for about 3 months and im pretty sure all the creases have set in, will they condense anymore or do i just have shit combs?