Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

anyone check out the "hickory stripe" petit standards available at context? i'm interested in picking up a pair, but am unclear as to what footwear would go well with them. i basically have some black chelseas and black and sand desert boots. someone please offer me some guidance here.

Bumping this up, anyone try yet? Went to check out the fit at APC in LA but they were out.

2. tailorrmade

tailorrmade Senior member

OK. I am brand new to the premium denim world. I went to the Denim Bar to look for some selvage denim and found out that I had been wearing either the wrong size jeans or jeans that just flat out didn't fit my whole life. I bought some Nudies that fit me perfectly but they were not selvage. They just didn't have any in my size. So I ordered some APC Rescue from Tobi. I just got them and fit me perfectly!

The thing is that all this "buy them 2 sizes down" has me scared. What is going to happen to these jeans. I am 6'2", 235 lbs. and normally wear a size 38 so I bought a 36 and again, they fit PERFECTLY in the waist. I didn't struggle to put them on but they are very snug.

Are these jeans the right size or will they stretch to the point where they are baggy? Also, will these APCs wear down beautifully like Nudies do? What shall I do?

3. max_r

max_r Senior member

my hips measure 33ish where i wear my jeans, so i bought a 30, and they stretched out like an inch and a half in a day, so i sold them and got some 28's, which pretty much fit perfectly now. not even snug on the waist, i might have even been able to go 27 now that I think about it, but then the calfs would be too tight.

my 28's (tagged 28's measure 30") measure to 16.5" across (or 33" around) so they stretched 3 inches.

4. yayorc

yayorc Senior member

Do both the indigo and black wear in the same? Is one finish more stretch-prone than the other?

5. max_r

max_r Senior member

from what i've read of the black APC's, i dont think they stretch as much.

lots of info in this thread though, try searching.

6. Sancho Panzo Christ

Sancho Panzo Christ Senior member

i'm pretty sure i'm seen some sort of answer for this question, but couldn't find it by searching: i like the way my petit standards fit as is (i only sized down 1), and want to minimize stretching...is there some way to accomplish this? hot soak? since these are looser than what i normally wear, will there be less stretching anyway? thanks.

7. bma

bma Senior member

fixed my testicle problem. i've stopped wearing underwear.

8. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

What shade of black are the black APCs? Are they black black or the dark grayish black?

9. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Quick question about sizing down. Should I be sizing down 2 from my actual waist size (29) or from the size I typically wear in, say, Gap jeans (28)?

10. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I would get 0-2" down from your actual waist size, depending on your build. I have big thighs & glutes, so I got NS's at my actual waist size. They've stretched a bit, but aren't falling off my ass. I probably could have got away w/1" under.

11. max_r

max_r Senior member

Quick question about sizing down. Should I be sizing down 2 from my actual waist size (29) or from the size I typically wear in, say, Gap jeans (28)?

i think the easiest way to do it is to measure around your hips where you wear your jeans, and then buy the size that measures 2" smaller than that measurement.

for example, if you measure 34 around where you wear your jeans, buy a size that measures 32, which would be the tagged size 30.

12. mh4phantom

mh4phantom New Member

I would get 0-2" down from your actual waist size, depending on your build. I have big thighs & glutes, so I got NS's at my actual waist size. They've stretched a bit, but aren't falling off my ass. I probably could have got away w/1" under.

I'm going to have to second what Coolthekid says. I think the sizing depends so much on your build. I too have bigger than average glutes and quads (from lifting) and after trying on a bunch of different sizes decided on going true to size with the NS. Possibly I could have gone for one size lower but I did try 2 sizes lower and seriously would have ripped them at the seams even though my waist fit fine. Now I just wear them with a belt to prevent streching at the waist and my fit is perfect. Theyre also starting to fade after only 3 weeks! I'm going to post pics in a few months. Very happy with my first pair of raw denim.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

People need to stop buying apc now all the plebes are rockin it.

Btw jeans are on galactic backorder -1000 pairs for the US alone.

14. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Senior member

i still need a pair of NC in 26. anywhere that has them in stock? i feel like i've checked everywhere, but there may be some place i've missed.

15. Schpacko

Schpacko Senior member

x-post from waywt:

Here we go, my brand new APC Cures ("cures", not "new cures"):

[​IMG]

What do you guys think about the fit of the jeans? I guess i have to hem them...[​IMG]