• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

rzi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Rescues in 34 are like a normal jean in 36-37... Hipsters in 31 are more like a extremely low rise jean in 33 or so, the two aren't even close. Your size in rescue is probably closer to the 31 you tried on in hipsters, and those jeans would probably work good for what you're looking for. Did they have things on sale?
The Rescues would work or Hipsters? :p confused sorry.. I didn't really pay a lot of attention to anything but denim and they weren't on sale.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rzi
The Rescues would work or Hipsters? :p confused sorry..

I didn't really pay a lot of attention to anything but denim and they weren't on sale.

Rescues. You seemed to imply Hipsters had too low rise and not wide enough leg opening.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to sell APC wool pants size XS translates into US 29. Inseam 34
Mid weight black textured wool. RiRi zippers double hoock front. 4 pockets. Great drape, fully lined. Straight slim cut. Original price on a tag $195.00
What should I be asking for them?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
How much have they been worn? Also, the APC summer sale is going on now, so a lot of people will be buying clothes from that, and also it will result in a bunch of things being flipped here and sufu and on ebay. On the other hand, people will probably have APC fever so it might be a good time. It's hard to say what you should ask though. I don't think you could get anything over $125 though, but i say you should start out around that or $150 if you want to get more of your money back to gauge interest. Then every 3 days lower it by $10-15.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
How much have they been worn? Also, the APC summer sale is going on now, so a lot of people will be buying clothes from that, and also it will result in a bunch of things being flipped here and sufu and on ebay. On the other hand, people will probably have APC fever so it might be a good time. It's hard to say what you should ask though. I don't think you could get anything over $125 though, but i say you should start out around that or $150 if you want to get more of your money back to gauge interest. Then every 3 days lower it by $10-15.

I would have gone with about $100 for a quick sale.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are brand new. I tryed them on and found them to be too tight for my size.(US-30)
Would anyone take them off my hands for $100 shipped?

rzi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Rescues. You seemed to imply Hipsters had too low rise and not wide enough leg opening.

If I fit a 31 Hipster will a 31 Rescue fit me ?

chronoaug

Reaction score
If you fit into a 31 hipster and look good in them, but just want a larger leg opening, get the rescue in a size 30 i'd say. maybe even 29 but you may want to try them on. Remember, they may feel a bit too snug at first but you just have to trust the knowledge of the forum that they will stretch to the point where you'll probably need a belt.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If he wears 34 in normal jeans, I'm not sure he should size down 5 for rescues... I would try them on in size 30 and 31 and see how they fit. I agree with people who said that they should be quite tight and difficult to button to be the right size after stretching. If that really is 29, then there you go.

chronoaug

Reaction score
I was just guessing he was probably a 33 in normal jeans and just sized up like most people do. Almost everyone sizes up 1 on jeans who aren't on fashion forums. I figure going from a 33 to a 30 or maybe a 29 wouldn't be that huge a stretch, especially if he fits into 31 hipsters which are pretty slim in the top block and have a really low rise which makes me think his actual waist size isn't a 34

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was just guessing he was probably a 33 in normal jeans and just sized up like most people do. Almost everyone sizes up 1 on jeans who aren't on fashion forums. I figure going from a 33 to a 30 or maybe a 29 wouldn't be that huge a stretch, especially if he fits into 31 hipsters which are pretty slim in the top block and have a really low rise which makes me think his actual waist size isn't a 34

You could be right. To the OP, you might just want to measure your true waist, which will give you a better idea then our idle speculation
smile.gif
I believe there's a guide for where to measure it in this thread somewhere.

rzi

Reaction score
If I purchase them online , because I'm not sure when the next time I can get to NYC is... should I go for a 30 Rescue? The 31 Hipster's were snug on the waist but not too snug to the point where I couldnt walk/eat a meal in them.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rzi
If I purchase them online , because I'm not sure when the next time I can get to NYC is... should I go for a 30 Rescue? The 31 Hipster's were snug on the waist but not too snug to the point where I couldnt walk/eat a meal in them.

30 rescue should be fine then.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads