A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. max_r

max_r Senior member

I have like the same problem too. It sucks, haha. I just had to sell a pair of N&F cuz they were too tight in the calves, and the jeans were hugging my legs in that area. Looked fucking awful. So, I was wondering if APCs and jeans in general stretch out in the calves at all? And what cut/size should I get? I'm like 29 waist but my calves are like 16"... and I'm kinda short like 5"7.
    yeah, i went out to macys the other day and looked at levis 511's with my tapemeasure, i can go as low as 7.75" across on the calf, any smaller and they get skinny-jeans looking in the calf. with 16" calfs, you might be best off with the rescues, but i dont think they make a size smaller than 28. I've got some 28 new standards coming my way, i'll make sure to post pictures and give my impressions when i get them. I like a tight fit in the thighs, but not in the calf, if these dont work out i'll either have to go to rescues, or i'll have to give up on APC's and look for something else.

2. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

yeah, i went out to macys the other day and looked at levis 511's with my tapemeasure, i can go as low as 7.75" across on the calf, any smaller and they get skinny-jeans looking in the calf.

with 16" calfs, you might be best off with the rescues, but i dont think they make a size smaller than 28.

I've got some 28 new standards coming my way, i'll make sure to post pictures and give my impressions when i get them. I like a tight fit in the thighs, but not in the calf, if these dont work out i'll either have to go to rescues, or i'll have to give up on APC's and look for something else.

Since the NS tapers, and the guy is a bit on the short side, he might be ok on the calves, as his calves will actually hit a bit higher on the leg of the jeans than say mine, since I'm 6'1.

3. max_r

max_r Senior member

Since the NS tapers, and the guy is a bit on the short side, he might be ok on the calves, as his calves will actually hit a bit higher on the leg of the jeans than say mine, since I'm 6'1.

yeah, thats true, i didn't really think about that.

4. ILikeBacon

ILikeBacon Senior member

I could sag my jeans to lower the knee too I guess.

But how should I size on the NS then? My waist is 29.

And if the calf area was tight, like hugging my legs tight, would they loosen up? Or should I just get the smallest size which looks fine with my calves pre-wear?

5. ILikeBacon

ILikeBacon Senior member

Also, can you get selvage jeans tapered at a tailor? I heard you can't unless you wanna lose the selvage...

6. GeorgeQiao

GeorgeQiao Active Member

I have a pair of NC size 26, inseam hemmed to a 31, up for sale for 100 shipped, no sign of harsh wear, PM me if you want pics ans info, cause I can't create a selling topic yet!

Thanks

7. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Also, can you get selvage jeans tapered at a tailor? I heard you can't unless you wanna lose the selvage...

In-seam. Costs more though.

8. jaac

jaac Senior member

9. drtchock

drtchock Senior member

im looking for this APC chambray shirt in a size Medium? Anyone got it? I'll pay a good price!

Thanks

[​IMG]

10. Roachman

Roachman Member

Can anyone recommend any good denim alternatives to APC? I've been wearing APC New Standard for the past 2 years (I'm on my second pair) and I'm just looking for something else to add to my wardrobe since I wear these everyday. Or, if there is nothing else that compares, should I get a different style?

11. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

That's a pretty vague question. Do you want the same slim straight fit or something looser or tighter? Raw? What price point?

12. Roachman

Roachman Member

That's a pretty vague question. Do you want the same slim straight fit or something looser or tighter? Raw? What price point?

The only problem I have with these is that it is looks awkward to tuck in a shirt because they are so slim. I never do tuck in my shirt, but I would like to have the option to since I do wear jeans to work.

I am accustomed to raw denim now but I would be willing to try something else. I like the price of APC but I'd be willing to spend a little more, if it's worth it.

13. cap10crunch

cap10crunch Member

I measured my waist and I got ~31.5-32" at my belly button and i measures 34" 2 inches below my belly button. What size new standards should I get? I usually look for 31-32" waist and I have a pair of BKE jeans that are 31" and fit pretty well so should I size down from my 34" waist or the 32" waist?

14. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

I measured my waist and I got ~31.5-32" at my belly button and i measures 34" 2 inches below my belly button. What size new standards should I get? I usually look for 31-32" waist and I have a pair of BKE jeans that are 31" and fit pretty well so should I size down from my 34" waist or the 32" waist?

Get the 29's if you want a slim fit (which is what I got), and get the 30's if you want a looser fit. The 30 will probably fit fine from the start, and the 29's will take a bit more work to stretch out. I'm 5"10, 155lbs for reference, and the 29's give me a nice, slim (not skinny) look.

15. insp86

insp86 Senior member

Does anyone have a link or to a step-by-step on washing APC's? I'm pushing eight months and I'm starting to think about a first wash. Not sure I'm going to do it or not, but I'm thinking about it. I know Woolite black is the preferred detergent, but that's all I know/remember...