A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Albi.S

Albi.S Member

yeah that's how it was for me the first time i tried on 34's of my new cures. i couldnt button the last one but after a while of wearing it, it fits perfect now

2. taco

taco Active Member

anyone know whats going on here at the upper knee/lower thigh on my jeans? ... will that go away as the denim settles?

I wouldn't call that hip flare. The stiffness of the raw jeans will stack up the shins to the knee until they settle down, but the extra material at the thigh is not going to disappear. If anything it may increase a bit as they stretch.

Sizing down will help. You want them tight on the waist and thighs to begin since they will stretch. If you keep going to the gym and going down sizes it makes getting a tight fit in jeans that stretch so much impossible. Although if you bulk up the muscles in your legs it will fill out better.

If you get your hip measurement down to 32, you could fit into a size 28 and get a similar fit after stretch. I would think as it is now with 33 hip measurement it would be hard to button up anything less than 29.

3. Schpacko

Schpacko Senior member

So, these are my NS's after about 3 months of wear. I like em a lot and i'd like to get another pair. Would you guys size 1 down from these or would you take the same size? Maybe even another model?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BTW: wow, it looks like i'd shit my pants, haha, i rarely look at myself from behind [​IMG]

4. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

You also seem to have some knee bags going on.

5. max_r

max_r Senior member

can someone who owns a pair of 28 or 29 new standard do me a quick favor?

Can you measure how wide the leg is about 13" up from the leg opening? (or about mid-calf)

I have what I think are probably larger than normal calfs, 15.5" around at the biggest point, and I'm just wondering how tight they are in the calf right there. my 30's that i've decided to get rid of measure 8" exactly, which is pretty good, might be able to go a little bit slimmer, but not much. I have some old levi's 511 in size 31 that measures 7.5 in this area (7" leg opening) that are skin-tight on the calfs, and I dont like this look.

6. max_r

max_r Senior member

So, these are my NS's after about 3 months of wear. I like em a lot and i'd like to get another pair. Would you guys size 1 down from these or would you take the same size? Maybe even another model?

BTW: wow, it looks like i'd shit my pants, haha, i rarely look at myself from behind [​IMG]

I like that fit (apart from the baggy looking butt), looks like you might be able to go down another size for a slimmer fit if you want it.

what size is this?

7. Schpacko

Schpacko Senior member

I like that fit (apart from the baggy looking butt), looks like you might be able to go down another size for a slimmer fit if you want it.

what size is this?

Its a 32.
    Do you think the "ass problem" could be solved by sizing down? Or has this just to do with the cut/my build?

8. bma

bma Senior member

Its a 32.
    Do you think the "ass problem" could be solved by sizing down? Or has this just to do with the cut/my build?

those are 32s? what's your ts?

9. Schpacko

Schpacko Senior member

those are 32s? what's your ts?

Yeah. My true size is about 33 or 34.

10. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Its a 32.

It's the cut. If you size down, the pockets will feel closer/tighter and look better... but I'd say after awhile they'd stretch out to look like that anyway.

11. spenser

spenser Active Member

Yeah the cut and slanted pockets on APCs give that diaper-ass impression unless you really fill them out. It's the one thing I don't like about mine.

12. taco

taco Active Member

can someone who owns a pair of 28 or 29 new standard do me a quick favor?

Can you measure how wide the leg is about 13" up from the leg opening? (or about mid-calf)

My 28's measure about 7.75" in that area (13" from the bottom)

13. Sancho Panzo Christ

Sancho Panzo Christ Senior member

do apc t-shirts fit that small? i wear a medium in alt app, and am wondering if i need to size up to a large in apc.

14. max_r

max_r Senior member

My 28's measure about 7.75" in that area (13" from the bottom)

awesome, thanks!

28's should just fit in the calves then, now i just need to find a pair.

15. GeorgeQiao

GeorgeQiao Active Member

Sup, I have a pair of APC New Cure F for sale! Great condition 9/10.
    The waist is tagged 26, but they stretched after 2 wears to a decent 27 1/2. And they were hemmed by the previous owner to a 31 inseam.

Looking for 100 shipped
    PM me for pics and questions

Cheers!