A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^ APC raw black denim isn't selvedge, only indigo.

2. mh4phantom

mh4phantom New Member

I purchased my first pair of raw denim today and chose the APC New Standard in a size 32. I have been wearing them around the house and I'm concerned I got them too tight. In the thigh area the outside seams turn white when I'm wearing them and its pretty tough to sit down. They felt a little tight in the store but the 34's were clearly too loose in the waist and unfortunately there were no 33's. The sales guy assured me they were fine but I seriously feel like I'm going to break them. I'm 6'3" and about 190. I'm thinking about going to a rescue same waist size to get more thigh room.

My main concern are these seams turning white and exposing what looks like the un-dyed material on the inside and stretching out the side stitching. Is this normal? Thanks for your help guys.

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

If you can't sit down you need 33s. Why buy something if they don't have the right size?

smh

4. erockisalive

erockisalive Well-Known Member

I purchased my first pair of raw denim today and chose the APC New Standard in a size 32. I have been wearing them around the house and I'm concerned I got them too tight. In the thigh area the outside seams turn white when I'm wearing them and its pretty tough to sit down. They felt a little tight in the store but the 34's were clearly too loose in the waist and unfortunately there were no 33's. The sales guy assured me they were fine but I seriously feel like I'm going to break them. I'm 6'3" and about 190. I'm thinking about going to a rescue same waist size to get more thigh room.

My main concern are these seams turning white and exposing what looks like the un-dyed material on the inside and stretching out the side stitching. Is this normal? Thanks for your help guys.

How long have you had them? They'll definitely stretch. I normally wear a 33 and got a pair of NS in a 31. They were super tight for a couple of days but are just about perfect now. I also have the white stitching on the side. I wouldn't worry about it.

A little tip: I found my pockets to be too small so when I was sitting around I'd put big things in there to stretch them out.

5. flimsy talons

flimsy talons New Member

^ APC raw black denim isn't selvedge, only indigo.

thanks. any idea why?

6. mh4phantom

mh4phantom New Member

If you can't sit down you need 33s. Why buy something if they don't have the right size?

smh

I appreciate the input. I bought them b/c I was told they were the right size but in retrospect the guy was likely full of it. I'm going to have them order the 33's. Also there's only one store in the city I live in that carries these. Thanks

@ erockisalive: I've had these for about 5 hours. I was reading that the leg width stretches a lot less than the waist. My waist is not the issue it is strictly the thighs that are tight. I'm going to check out a 33 or 32's in the rescue. If they don't stretch too much in the thighs I'm screwed. Thanks again

7. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

thanks. any idea why?

Different denim.

8. bma

bma Senior member

i bought the size in ns's that i could button up fully. i now regret it.

9. taco

taco Active Member

I appreciate the input. I bought them b/c I was told they were the right size but in retrospect the guy was likely full of it. I'm going to have them order the 33's. Also there's only one store in the city I live in that carries these. Thanks

@ erockisalive: I've had these for about 5 hours. I was reading that the leg width stretches a lot less than the waist. My waist is not the issue it is strictly the thighs that are tight. I'm going to check out a 33 or 32's in the rescue. If they don't stretch too much in the thighs I'm screwed. Thanks again

Thighs fit on mine was the same way for a few days, with a week or two of wear they stretched and are fine. Thigh stretched about an inch measured across.

10. spenser

spenser Active Member

You should probably exchange them, but NS can also feel too tight in the thighs if you're wearing them too high. Mine fit a lot better after I sagged them a couple inches (and it gave me some breathing room in the crotch too).

11. davidmross

davidmross Senior member

I'd like to pick up a pair of APC NS in black but I'm having trouble finding a store that carries them. Can someone point me in the right direction?

12. Ermac

Ermac Senior member

Here's by NS in 27, first wear. I originally got 28's but I was able to button them up with room to spare. Will they stretch enough to look normal? They are tight in the thing, ass and crotch at the moment. After wearing them for about an hour I can button the top button now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. lyonnaisdecoeur

lyonnaisdecoeur Active Member

i have one pair of NS's which i bought off here from basically new, but stretched from a 27 to a 30...they fit me well, and i really like them...

but i really just don't understand how anyone can even buy them...i mean, you just wear them super tight for like a month until they fit you? from what i've seen on the B+S, there is like a 4 waist size increase from stretching.....that's rediculous...i know the jeans are nice, but why not just get something that doesn't stretch as much..maybe someone knows something i don't, but they seem like a bad deal to me

14. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

yeah those will fit perfect eventually. apcs stretch like no other

15. max_r

max_r Senior member

anyone know whats going on here at the upper knee/lower thigh on my jeans? the shadow from the flash makes it look worse than it is, [​IMG] is that the elusive hip flare i've heard so much about? whatever it is i dont like it. will that go away as the denim settles? i've had it happen to some slightly baggier jeans (501's that i wear for work) and it never went away. would sizing down get rid of it? i accidentally only sized down 1, as my hips where i wear my jeans measured 34" about a week before i ordered, but after the about week it took for them to arrive plus the last week of wear, my hips are down to like 33" since i've been going to the gym alot recently, and they'll probably go down to maybe 32" as i plan to continue going to the gym. i put a belt on half way through the first day to stop them from stretching more than about an inch. after much deliberation with myself, i've decided that the kind of fit that I want is a more slim fit, the perfect example i've found is user saucemaster who i dont think posts here anymore. heres some examples of his fit in apc new standard, size 28 http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3477/saucemaster.jpg http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/6...ucemaster1.jpg http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8...ucemaster2.jpg doesn't have any of that bagginess going on, and overall the fit is nice and slim. so for that kind of slim fit in the thigh i assume i'd have to size down quite a bit, yes? anyone in the market for some week-old lightly worn sz 30 new standards?