A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. sle-z-e

sle-z-e Senior member

they haven't softened up at all after a month of wearing them? my rescues broke in much quicker than that. give them a wash if you think its bad...

2. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

is there a way to get rid of the stiffness that comes along with the starch? i know a soak would get rid of it, but wouldn't that also release some indigo? ive only had them for a month...or does the feeling just go away with more and more wear?
    Do you wear them every day? After the first ~80 hours of wear on my NSs they became normally soft.

3. Sancho Panzo Christ

Sancho Panzo Christ Senior member

anyone check out the "hickory stripe" petit standards available at context? i'm interested in picking up a pair, but am unclear as to what footwear would go well with them. i basically have some black chelseas and black and sand desert boots. someone please offer me some guidance here.

4. Ermac

Ermac Senior member

I got my first pair of APC New Standards. It's just about impossible to button up the last button. I should keep them correct?

I originally had one size higher but I was able to button them all with room to spare.

5. max_r

max_r Senior member

I got my first pair of APC New Standards. It's just about impossible to button up the last button. I should keep them correct?

I originally had one size higher but I was able to button them all with room to spare.

sounds about right for a slim fit, especially if there was room to spare in one size larger. mine weren't even that tight new (could get them all buttoned up, but a bit snug), and they stretched 1.5" in the first half a day, and i wasn't even moving around much.

6. nakedundermyclothes

nakedundermyclothes Senior member

Any sites with APC NS's in 32 which take paypal? Detour is out of 32's..thanks.

7. max_r

max_r Senior member

Any sites with APC NS's in 32 which take paypal? Detour is out of 32's..thanks.

context takes paypal, you have to email them though, and they charge the 4% fee.

8. nakedundermyclothes

nakedundermyclothes Senior member

Thanks man, appreciate it.

9. yayorc

yayorc Senior member

I need to hem my NS's, and want to leave a little extra to cuff up - what's a good minimal sized cuff? 1 inch? or less?

10. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

anyone check out the "hickory stripe" petit standards available at context? i'm interested in picking up a pair, but am unclear as to what footwear would go well with them. i basically have some black chelseas and black and sand desert boots. someone please offer me some guidance here.
    I was looking at those myself this morning. Personally, I'd go with white chucks, tan/sand suede mocs or perhaps some navy blue Venetian loafers/boat shoes.

11. steezin

steezin Senior member

Does anyone else find the colour of faded APCs displeasing? They turn into a sort of dull grey/blue that doesn't do the fades and wear justice compared to that of higher end denim, though i guess thats why they cost so much more.

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

The middle stage of fading is the awkward one (not unlike growing out your hair) but once you get to where they're really faded they look excellent.

13. max_r

max_r Senior member

i really like that greyish blue color, haha. whenever i see massively faded jeans, i always prefer the look of apc's.

14. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

i really like that greyish blue color, haha. whenever i see massively faded jeans, i always prefer the look of apc's.

"I don't always fade jeans, but when I do, I prefer APC. Stay sized-down my friends"

15. flimsy talons

flimsy talons New Member

not sure if this has been addressed yet, but just picked up a pair of black PSs and there's no selvedge edge. are the new PSs cut more like the cures or something? the leg opening according to my measurement is only 6" (size 26) and they're tighter around the calves than anticipated. the black PSs were just restocked on APC.fr so i'm assuming they've made some major adjustments