A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Casey

Casey Senior member

I had known about the LA store since it was first announced but I went because I thought I would have to go out of my way to reach it. So when I saw it out the window of the Marc Jacobs store (Or outside the store, I don't remember), I felt stupid for not looking for it earlier.

2. bma

bma Senior member

i don't know how you guys where apcs so high. when you sit down doesnt it make an awkward mamel toe?

3. splattered

splattered Senior member

i don't know how you guys where apcs so high. when you sit down doesnt it make an awkward mamel toe?

Yes.... yes it does.

Mine finally stretched out a bit where its not so bad, but i still gotta sag my dry jeans a bit so they are not so constricting.

On the flip side, i recently gave my dry jeans a soak and they shrunk back to original waist size... and its taking forever to stretch back out. ugh pain. I thought they were supposed to stretch out after a soak pretty quickly.

4. max_r

max_r Senior member

you guys weren't kidding about apc stretching easy, after wearing these half a day and not even going outside, (was studying for a test all day yesterday) I measured them this morning and they stretched an inch and a half. haha. belt time.
    how high is too high? i wear mine on my hips or slightly below. and i dont get any mooseknuckle problems except with jeans with a really low rise (like 9", my NS rise is 10 to 10.5 though, which imo is perfect.)

5. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Senior member

any online shops have new cures in 26? i've checked around and no luck.

6. CuffEm

CuffEm Well-Known Member

Do you get Context Cash if you order the APC jeans? I havent ordered from Context Clothing before, but I became a member. It said some exclusions apply, so Im wondering if APC jeans are included.

7. max_r

max_r Senior member

Do you get Context Cash if you order the APC jeans? I havent ordered from Context Clothing before, but I became a member. It said some exclusions apply, so Im wondering if APC jeans are included.

yep, i got $10 contextcash with my order

8. ILikeBacon

ILikeBacon Senior member

If I wear a size 30 for Naked & Famous skinny guys, what size and cut should I get for APCs?

9. DXanatos

DXanatos Active Member

If I were to measure my true waist size, do I measure around my belly button or around where I wear my jeans?

10. yayorc

yayorc Senior member

I think the eaisest way to figure out your size in APC New Standard's is to find your size in Levis 501's and subtract 2.

11. max_r

max_r Senior member

If I were to measure my true waist size, do I measure around my belly button or around where I wear my jeans?
    where you wear your jeans, then subtract like two inches, and get a pair that measures that. ie. if you measure 34" around where you wear your jeans, subtract 2 inches for stretch, which gives you 32", so get a pair tagged 32, which would be the size 30. if you want a slimmer fit maybe size down one more from that, if you want a more relaxed fit, size up one from that.
    I think the eaisest way to figure out your size in APC New Standard's is to find your size in Levis 501's and subtract 2.
    all the 501's i've had fit true to size so i guess that would work too.

12. trueskills

trueskills Member

is there a way to get rid of the stiffness that comes along with the starch? i know a soak would get rid of it, but wouldn't that also release some indigo? ive only had them for a month...or does the feeling just go away with more and more wear?

13. givemefive

givemefive Senior member

either turn them inside out and wash or soak

14. bma

bma Senior member

is there a way to get rid of the stiffness that comes along with the starch? i know a soak would get rid of it, but wouldn't that also release some indigo? ive only had them for a month...or does the feeling just go away with more and more wear?

more wear -> more comfort

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

They're not even that stiff stock, I wish they came like cardboard like my old samurais.

Soft jeans are previous level.