A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. hobo_ken

hobo_ken Senior member

2. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

So either way I buy tag 32 APC ?

YMMV. I got 32 1st and it was definitely wearable-too roomy new, so I had to return it for a 31. 31 fits pretty well, though, after stretching. I'm usually a 34.

3. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

So either way I buy tag 32 APC ?

You're a 34 and want a 34.

A 32 will give you 34 measured.

But that doesn't account for stretching, like CW said.

So go down one or two from that (32 ----> 31 or 30, like BS said), depending on how you want it to fit and how much your thighs will tolerate the sizing down.

Or, if you wear a belt, go for a 32 or 31.

I'm a 36 waist and could have went down to a 32 Rescue for a perfect fit with stretching if it weren't for the fact that I don't like the tight thighs, so I went with a 33 - perfect, but I also wear a belt.

4. dls6128

dls6128 Senior member

Yes but what I dont understand is that if size 32 APC jeans have a 34 waist, and I normally wear a size 34 waist, shouldn't I be buying my APC jeans smaller?

The difference is the discrepancy between three things: the measured waist of your jeans, your actual waist, and Levi's sizing. Usually people wear their jeans 1" looser than their measured waist size, so to illustrate, I have a 31" waist; the waist of my jeans measures 32" when laid out flat; and I wear a size 31 in Levi's.

Given that, you are sizing down 2 for vanity sizing and 1 for stretch if you buy size 32 APCs.

5. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

The fabric on the button fly on my indigo NS's is pulling apart at about 1/8" from the points where each button is sewn into the fabric. This is true of every button except the top-most button on the waistband. It's not yet tearing but i would say it's pretty close (i can see the white threads). I've worn these for less than two weeks and although still on the tight side they fit quite well and I would not want to size up.

Wondering if others have experience this severe pulling around the buttons, right under the vertical orange stitch on the button side.

Bumping this.

Something to be concerned about, or par for the course?

6. taco

taco Active Member

Loose white theads around the button holes is normal. It is just frayed edges from where the button holes were cut in the denim. You can trim it off if it bothers you.

7. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Loose white theads around the button holes is normal. It is just frayed edges from where the button holes were cut in the denim. You can trim it off if it bothers you.

Thanks, but it's not the button holes I'm talking about. It's the side of the fly where the buttons are sewn on.

8. CuffEm

CuffEm Well-Known Member

How often does Context Clothing restock? I'm looking for the Petit Standard in size 32, but they only have size 26 and 33 in stock.

9. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

10. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

11. Detour Clothing Store

Detour Clothing Store Senior member

I will say as a retailer the PS and NC shipments have been few and far between, causing us (and other APC dealers) a lot of headaches. We just received a teaser fill in and have been assured more are on the way. We received some PS, NC's and NS's all in limited numbers.

http://www.shopdetour.com/c/apc/apc.html

Thanks
    Jason

12. CuffEm

CuffEm Well-Known Member

I will say as a retailer the PS and NC shipments have been few and far between, causing us (and other APC dealers) a lot of headaches. We just received a teaser fill in and have been assured more are on the way. We received some PS, NC's and NS's all in limited numbers.

http://www.shopdetour.com/c/apc/apc.html

Thanks
    Jason

Great, you have my size. I hope it's still there after the weekend.

13. themaskedcorndog

themaskedcorndog Senior member

If my typical waist is a 30, how far should I size down for petite standards? I usually wear cheap mondays at a 31 for a slightly less skinny fit and am moving away from that a bit. Am I correct to think the new cures are very skinny and the petite standards slightly less so?

Thanks guys, sorry for the novice questions

14. max_r

max_r Senior member

so i've read that the new standards are tapered at the hem a bit (nowhere official, just posts on different forums). my inseam is usually like 30 or 31 (i like minimal stacking if any) so do you think hemming them to that length would eliminate the taper?

i ask because i dont really want tapered jeans, and i prefer when the leg opening is between 8" and 9" that way my feet dont look like boats.

the size i'm currently eyeing is either sz. 30 or 31, as where i wear my jeans around my hips measures exactly 34" so if anyone has any sz. 30's or 31's if they could measure how wide the leg is when layed flat about 30ish inches from the crotch that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for any help guys