Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

2. CuffEm

CuffEm Well-Known Member

thanks

Whats the general rule for buttoning up when trying on? How many should you be able to button in order to see if thats the ideal size?

3. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Can anyone vouch for the quality / construction of APC Petite Standard - Gabardine Cotton trousers / slacks or whatever these are? I've been on a hunt for sub $200 durable pants for a while. I had my eye on NDG Utility Jeans, but they've disappeared in my size on Context / Blackbird.

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1357

[​IMG]

4. Robey

Robey New Member

Question...

I have a pair of Diesel Zathan (tagged 32/34) and Energie Straight Morris (tagged 33/34). The waist on both measure 17.5 (35) and they are slim fitting but not too skinny.

I am looking to purchase a pair of APC NS and was wondering, with vanity sizing and stretching, if a 31 or 32 would ultimately give me a slim fit similar to the Zathan and Energie's? (FYI...I am 6'3'', 195 pounds)

Thanks!

5. ntn1779

ntn1779 Senior member

Question...

I have a pair of Diesel Zathan (tagged 32/34) and Energie Straight Morris (tagged 33/34). The waist on both measure 17.5 (35) and they are slim fitting but not too skinny.

I am looking to purchase a pair of APC NS and was wondering, with vanity sizing and stretching, if a 31 or 32 would ultimately give me a slim fit similar to the Zathan and Energie's? (FYI...I am 6'3'', 195 pounds)

Thanks!

i would take 32 or 33.

6. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

Question...

Thanks!

I had a pair of Zathans a long time ago (though I'm still roughly the same size) and I bought a 31 waist. They really didn't stretch much, and now, if I'm buying NS, I'd buy a 29. I'm sure you are aware, also, that the two are a completely different fit/aesthetic.

7. Sancho Panzo Christ

Sancho Panzo Christ Senior member

Can anyone vouch for the quality / construction of APC Petite Standard - Gabardine Cotton trousers / slacks or whatever these are? I've been on a hunt for sub $200 durable pants for a while. I had my eye on NDG Utility Jeans, but they've disappeared in my size on Context / Blackbird.]

i'm wondering the same thing with these petite standards.

8. dexterhaven

dexterhaven Senior member

Apologies for asking a question that's been answered to death, but I'm still baffled by raw denim:

I'm pretty happy with the fit of my Petite Standards right out of the box. But apparently they're gonna stretch like hell. Should I exchange them for a smaller size?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm striving for a fit similar to this: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=2832

9. hobo_ken

hobo_ken Senior member

How much did you size down? They will stretch a lot with time, so it's best if they don't fit you the best right out of the box.

From the pics it looks like you could possibly size down 1 more?

10. dexterhaven

dexterhaven Senior member

Thanks for the help. I didn't size down at all because of the low rise and because I didn't want a really skinny fit (only a slim-approaching-skinny fit, if that makes sense). The waist on the above brand new pair is pretty roomy, even with me wearing them low on my hips.

11. Nil

Nil Senior member

Return them. The waist stretches out the most in APCs. If it's roomy brand new, it's going to be gigantic once you break them in.

12. taco

taco Active Member

Exhange them. Size down until they are uncomfortably tight at the waist, it will stretch 2+ inches pretty quick.

13. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

I'd exchange. If you're worried about the rise/leg-skinniness, then maybe go with the New Standard?

14. CuffEm

CuffEm Well-Known Member

15. Schpacko

Schpacko Senior member

Any ideas where (or if) i can buy an APC NS with an extra long inseam? Maybe 35 or 36 inches?