A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Scooba, those look awful. You're too big for New Cures. If you must stick with APCs, NS's or Rescues would work better with your body type.
    If he's big, wouldn't he look better in bigger cut jeans?

2. Burr130

Burr130 Well-Known Member

If he's big, wouldn't he look better in bigger cut jeans?

NS and Rescues are a bigger cut jean than NC. But sometimes APCs just don't fit some people well.

3. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

NS and Rescues are a bigger cut jean than NC. But sometimes APCs just don't fit some people well.
    I think I might be one of those people. If Levis would get off their ass and make the 514s STF I wouldn't be in this mess [​IMG]

4. dragonxking

dragonxking Senior member

does anyone know when apc's summer line will drop?

5. stelack

stelack New Member

Round about now... some of the women's APC has been posted out already so I guess they guys collection is not far behind. They generally blend the Spring and Summer deliveries a bit but it could take another 4 weeks for it to be complete...

6. Motorsport226

Motorsport226 Senior member

New to APC's, my raw denim experiments have been limited to Levi's so far.

I've never had to hem jeans, I'm 6'1 and for the type of break I like on my jeans, 32 inseams work perfect.

So my question is do I hem these before I wear them? I would assume so, I just dont wanna fuck up my first pair.

Thanks!

7. taco

taco Active Member

I would let them settle before hemming. The inseam may shrink slightly when you wash them. In the meantime, you could cuff them to see how it changes the stacking.

8. Motorsport226

Motorsport226 Senior member

I would let them settle before hemming. The inseam may shrink slightly when you wash them. In the meantime, you could cuff them to see how it changes the stacking.

Yea thats a good point, I considered wearing them cuffed, so now I might just go for that.

Also, how quickly do APC's take to develop nice fades? Levis 501's can look great in a little as 4 months. But i'm thinking APC's might take a little longer.

Thanks!

9. bma

bma Senior member

alright, i got my first pair of ns a week ago in size 29 and have been wearing them pretty much e'erday since then. however, when i tried them on at the store i could only button them up when they were up to the middle-ish of my waist, which is higher than how i'd like to wear them (hurts the nads). so now that they've gotten looser i've moved them a couple inches down but the thighs have stretched out to according to how i wore them before so they look kind of weird. i was just wondering if i soaked them in really hot water or something would they shrink back to what they were when new?

10. CuffEm

CuffEm Well-Known Member

How should I size the APC Petit Standard if I want them to fit like this?

[​IMG]

11. taco

taco Active Member

He's sagging so I imagine he sized up from his true waist size to get them to fit like that. Measure your hips where you want to wear them, then buy tagged size -3 that corresponds (2 to account for vanity size and 1 for some stretch).

12. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

alright, i got my first pair of ns a week ago in size 29 and have been wearing them pretty much e'erday since then. however, when i tried them on at the store i could only button them up when they were up to the middle-ish of my waist, which is higher than how i'd like to wear them (hurts the nads). so now that they've gotten looser i've moved them a couple inches down but the thighs have stretched out to according to how i wore them before so they look kind of weird. i was just wondering if i soaked them in really hot water or something would they shrink back to what they were when new?

Not sure they'll shrink that much, and then you'll just be right back where you were before. Have they truly stretched too much, or are you just noticing creases in weird places? If the latter, I'm sure another month of wear will take care of that.

13. Burr130

Burr130 Well-Known Member

Not sure they'll shrink that much, and then you'll just be right back where you were before. Have they truly stretched too much, or are you just noticing creases in weird places? If the latter, I'm sure another month of wear will take care of that.

What if he soaked them while wearing them sagged so the waist would be at the right size? I was also wondering about this since i have a slight hip flair going on.

14. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Senior member

What if he soaked them while wearing them sagged so the waist would be at the right size? I was also wondering about this since i have a slight hip flair going on.

I'm not sure, that seems complicated/uncomfortable. Thinking about this a bit more, if true stretching (instead of creasing) is the issue, the OP should soak them, then wear them where he wants to leaving a couple buttons open and holding them up with a belt. As he wars them a bit more, everything will fit as it should and he should eventually be able to close the waist. If the soak doesn't work and he just gets a new pair, this would be my break-in strategy.

15. connor

connor Senior member

i guarantee lil wayne didnt even think about this shit he just bought some jeans that fit that way