A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

I got some Size 33 New Cures today. I like how they fit but have 2 issues. One is that they are doing something strange on my ass. Maybe its just because they are still stiff and this would go away after a couple days of sitting when the denim softens up a bit The other issue is that they are a bit loose. I would already need to wear a belt on them. These will just continue to stretch out in the waist even more as time goes on, right? And a hot soak wont shrink these either? I can provide fit pics if you'd like

2. stelack

stelack New Member

I just picked up a pair of the APC new standard jeans from www.goodstead.co.uk

Second pair I've bought but this time with the added bonus of a sneaky discount code that is apparently just for their vip mailing list subscribers. If you enter "LAUNDRY" into the coupon code section during checkout you get 10% off if your order is over £100, and 25% off if you spend more than £250!

Genius. The Parka jacket might need to bought too...

3. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Today is my first day wearing these.... when will they get softer??? These are like cardboard

4. loopy

loopy Member

I got some Size 33 New Cures today. I like how they fit but have 2 issues. One is that they are doing something strange on my ass. Maybe its just because they are still stiff and this would go away after a couple days of sitting when the denim softens up a bit The other issue is that they are a bit loose. I would already need to wear a belt on them. These will just continue to stretch out in the waist even more as time goes on, right? And a hot soak wont shrink these either? I can provide fit pics if you'd like

Fit pics would probably be the best idea, the other guys could give you a pretty good gauge of the fit. Now, I'm guessing here, but if the waist is already too big right now, you probably need to size down. On my pair of NC (I sized down two, to a 30) and I could only do up the first two buttons initially. They took about two months to stretch to the point they're at now, but they're quite comfortable now. I probably sized down one too many, but that should give you a pretty good idea of how much it's capable of stretching. From what I hear about the sizing though, it's probably a good idea to have the top button initially unbuttonable (or very snug) to get a decent waist size after it's done letting out.

5. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

Fit pics: I like how there is still some room in the thighs, I didn't want them to be skinny. My true waist is a 35 so I got 33's. I am guessing that a 32 would have been a perfect fit but then stretching would have made them too big eventually. So I should have gone with 31 so they would be snug at first and then stretch out, but I would be worried they would be too tight in the thighs at 31.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Cool The Kid

I'm startin to wonder if I should have got the NCs... will these stretch over time if I don't watch them? They are really tight on the thighs, but loose on my waist and below the knee

7. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

well, it looks like I will have some 33 New Cures up for sale if you're interested, haha

8. Cool The Kid

Those actually do look big on you.... I know the NC 33s were breathable for me, would u wanna trade?

9. noel_esq.

noel_esq. Senior member

Even if you got 32's they still wouldn't look good. You don't have a flattering body type for those jeans.

10. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

What would you recommend then?

11. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

Those actually do look big on you.... I know the NC 33s were breathable for me, would u wanna trade?

What style and size do you have?

12. Cool The Kid

What style and size do you have?
    NS 33s, I'm in NYC

13. Nil

Nil Senior member

Scooba, those look awful. You're too big for New Cures. If you must stick with APCs, NS's or Rescues would work better with your body type.

14. Scooba

Scooba Senior member

Gee, that sure makes me feel good about myself, haha

Cool, size 33 is too big for me, sorry

15. kinch

kinch Well-Known Member

Opinions on whether this hip flare is a deal breaker or not?

[​IMG]

These are rescues, worn for about a month...