A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. DGP

DGP Senior member

Hey, guys, this'll be the first time I'm buying APCs. If I generally wear Levis 505s with a size 30 waist (slimmer sizes, even 501s, dont fit my semimuscular thighs/calves at all), what type/size APCs would you guys recommend?

Are you saying 501s are too slim? I've always thought of them as pretty relaxed, but if even those are too tight, you'll definitely want the rescue. That's APC's loosest cut. They stretch a ton, so I'd go down a couple sizes (best to try some on and buy whatever the tightest you can get at least two buttons closed on the first time.

2. Yet123

Yet123 Active Member

Are you saying 501s are too slim? I've always thought of them as pretty relaxed, but if even those are too tight, you'll definitely want the rescue. That's APC's loosest cut. They stretch a ton, so I'd go down a couple sizes (best to try some on and buy whatever the tightest you can get at least two buttons closed on the first time.

Well, I don't wear my pants too skinny, because it isn't really flattering on my more bulky physique. But i guess i was exaggerating a little bit. 501/505s in size 30 both fit me, but 501s are a bit slimmer than i would like. So i guess i rescues? Hmmm maybe i will go to a store and try some on. Probably 27-28?

3. DGP

DGP Senior member

Well, I don't wear my pants too skinny, because it isn't really flattering on my more bulky physique. But i guess i was exaggerating a little bit. 501/505s in size 30 both fit me, but 501s are a bit slimmer than i would like. So i guess i rescues? Hmmm maybe i will go to a store and try some on. Probably 27-28?

That would be my guess. I don't think the Rescue comes in a 27. I know it comes in a 28 because I have them in that size. Unless the 28 is falling off you it should be fine, especially if you don't mind them eventually being a tad loose in the waist.

4. Munchy

Munchy Active Member

Just hot soaked my APC Rescue for the first time since I bought them almost 2 years ago.

Plenty of indigo left on the jeans, just wanted to shrink them as much as possible, they were really stretched out...

5. crazyx215

crazyx215 Member

Are you 31 at the natural waist, or where you wear your jeans? I wear mine on the hip, where I'm about 33in. I bought a 28 and it was definitely the right size.

I am 31" where I wear my jeans which is a little above my hips. Basically, which size rescues fit ~23.5-24" thighs? I don't mind some tightness/looseness on my waist as I've come to terms that jeans can't both fit my thighs and waist perfectly.

6. DGP

DGP Senior member

I am 31" where I wear my jeans which is a little above my hips. Basically, which size rescues fit ~23.5-24" thighs? I don't mind some tightness/looseness on my waist as I've come to terms that jeans can't both fit my thighs and waist perfectly.

Hmm, not 100% sure about that, as I've never measured my own legs. No matter what you can get two sizes of stretching out of them. I'd order a few pairs from a site like Tobi that offers free shipping and returns and know that they'll start skin tight and then loosen.

7. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

size 30-31 will give you that 12 inch sweep across the upper thigh while remaining as true to your waist as possible. 32 is 12.5 and 33 is 13.

8. Boddington

Boddington Well-Known Member

Why have my Rescues, after 8 months of wear, faded minimally, and deteriorated immeasurably?

9. riwa1

riwa1 Senior member

I spent an hour browsing this thread about the new cure sizing but haven't really found the answer [​IMG]

I am wearing a 33-34 in some Nudies, 33 in imperials and a 32 in 7FAM.

I was wondering whether I could fit into a 31 APC new cures?

I wonder whether it is possible to size down up to three sizes on these like many people do.. coz it seems to run true to size from the measurements? I am afraid that I might not be able to button up the jeans at the first place.

thanks in advance for your advices guys.

10. skream

skream Member

Hey. I've got a question on sizing. Dont be mad .......

Height: 5'10" Build: Average, muscular, a bit chubbz on the stomach.

I work out a lot and have built quite a bit of mass on the thighs from too many squats.. I'm currently wearing Nudies Grim Tim Black Selvedge with a 34w. They've stretched a bit. I was wondering, with that fit, I wanted to get something like the APC NS, but not sure on the sizing. Should I go down to a 32w or 33w? I'm afraid if I go to a 32w, I won't be able to close the buttons. With the skulls that I'm selling right now, the 33w, I wasn't able to button the top 2 and was quite certain I would never be able to.

Any thoughts?

11. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Hey. I've got a question on sizing. Dont be mad .......

Height: 5'10" Build: Average, muscular, a bit chubbz on the stomach.

I work out a lot and have built quite a bit of mass on the thighs from too many squats.. I'm currently wearing Nudies Grim Tim Black Selvedge with a 34w. They've stretched a bit. I was wondering, with that fit, I wanted to get something like the APC NS, but not sure on the sizing. Should I go down to a 32w or 33w? I'm afraid if I go to a 32w, I won't be able to close the buttons. With the skulls that I'm selling right now, the 33w, I wasn't able to button the top 2 and was quite certain I would never be able to.

Any thoughts?

I kind of have the same build, albeit with less pudge (190lb, 33" waist, 40" hips, 315x5 squat from horizontal)... Not having done the proper research, I got a pair of 36" New Standards yesterday. They are way too big. I am going to exchange them for the NSs in a 33" or 34" waist; hopefully a 33" will fit decently as I plan on losing some weight this summer haha. But yea, even just from trying them on the 36" seemed to have stretched a little bit, but they weren't constricting on my thighs. The 34s fit about the same but were just super tight on my waist. I hate to sound like a broad, but if I lose about 10# (like I planned to anyway) I know the 33s will fit perfectly.

12. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior member

Bought the punk coat at 70% off a week ago and damn, that was a good buy. Great fit for tall and slim guys, with one exception: the body width. Surprisingly baggy for a brand that supposedly sizes their outerwear slim. Quick trip to the tailor fixed that though. Sweet fabric and nice horn buttons. Disappointing that the buttons aren't attached better (no stays and some loose threads) on what's essentially a $650 coat though.

Feeling very tempted to buy the spring 2010 mac. Hmmmm.

Just received the mac today and I'm quite happy with it. This is more like what I would expect slim sizing to fit like. I'm still going to have to nip the waist a little, but much less than the punk coat. The sleeves are very slim, so slim that I don't think this would work for anyone who does a lot of weights. Really, really nice buttons that are even attached properly this time. They completely botched the pockets though. More or less entirely useless, a bit like the NS pockets.

13. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Got the 33s.... good stuff

14. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Senior member

Do unwashed black New Standards bleed onto whites?

15. DGP

DGP Senior member

Do unwashed black New Standards bleed onto whites?

Most raw denim, regardless of color, will bleed to a certain degree IME.