Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. givemefive

givemefive Senior member

hip flare? APC New Standard size 30 [​IMG][​IMG]

2. choweee

choweee Well-Known Member

I don't think so, your jeans are clearly well broken-in (nice whiskers!), and a little loosening around the hip is natural, at least that's what I think.

3. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Whats the difference between New Cures and Petit Standard?

New Cure= Levi 510
    Petit Standard= Levie 511?

New Cures are like the 510 from waist to the around the ankle- where the New Cure flares out. The Petit Standard is like the 511 (rise, thigh) until the knee where it tapers a lot to the ankle.

4. givemefive

givemefive Senior member

I don't think so, your jeans are clearly well broken-in (nice whiskers!), and a little loosening around the hip is natural, at least that's what I think.
    I was joking about a post a few pages back, there's no hip flare at all on my jeans.

5. GucciMonster

GucciMonster Senior member

hip flare?

APC New Standard size 30
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Not bad.
    How long did you wait before you washed? and what method did you use?

6. InnoRecur

InnoRecur New Member

This is my first post and I literally made an account here to ask about this haha:

My APC Petite Standards have ripped on the outside leg seam, and I was just wondering if this has every happened to anyone else? Im assuming the best possible action at this point is to just sew it back up? or should i get my Tailor game on.

7. DGP

DGP Senior member

Any affiliates getting these:

http://www.barneys.com/New%20Standar...efault,pd.html

Reporting back, I ended up buying these at Barney's today. They're 5% polyurethane, which may rule them out to some denimheads. I bought a 29, the same size as I'd buy the regular NS in, although all the buttons closed without much pinching. I bought that size anyways because I don't foresee jeans that aren't 100% cotton stretching as much.

Obviously, they aren't selvage, but unlike other APCs I've seen, these are made in Japan (maybe part of the reason for the higher price).

8. givemefive

givemefive Senior member

Not bad. How long did you wait before you washed? and what method did you use?
    1st day I turned them inside out and washed cold w/o soap 6months I turned inside out and washed cold with a little soap 1 year ish I turned inside out and washed with a little soap its 16 months or so now. Not sure if I washed them again?? Probably not

9. DGP

DGP Senior member

1st day I turned them inside out and washed cold w/o soap

6months I turned inside out and washed cold with a little soap

1 year ish I turned inside out and washed with a little soap

its 16 months or so now. Not sure if I washed them again?? Probably not

BTW, what's the shirt? That fits really well!

10. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

I sized down to 31 (true waist around 33.5) on the rescues to match my thighs and calf. My thighs are 22", calfs are 17". i have very large calves and figured I'd need a knee/opening of around 8.75 for denim.

11. givemefive

givemefive Senior member

BTW, what's the shirt? That fits really well!
    RL rugby university oxford

12. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

I sized down to 31 (true waist around 33.5) on the rescues to match my thighs and calf. My thighs are 22", calfs are 17". i have very large calves and figured I'd need a knee/opening of around 8.75 for denim.

Just a heads up, Im 6'2, 190lbs, and I workout and have big legs, and I only sized down 2 and I regret it. Rescues strech like mofos, and they are a decently generous cut anyway. I would have gone down 3 if I had my time back.

13. crazyx215

crazyx215 Member

Just a heads up, Im 6'2, 190lbs, and I workout and have big legs, and I only sized down 2 and I regret it. Rescues strech like mofos, and they are a decently generous cut anyway. I would have gone down 3 if I had my time back.

I also have big thighs. I have a 31" waist with 23.5" thighs and 16" calves. What size should i get in rescues? Was thinking a 29 to fit my waist but don't know if thighs would fit?

14. DGP

DGP Senior member

I also have big thighs. I have a 31" waist with 23.5" thighs and 16" calves. What size should i get in rescues? Was thinking a 29 to fit my waist but don't know if thighs would fit?

Are you 31 at the natural waist, or where you wear your jeans? I wear mine on the hip, where I'm about 33in. I bought a 28 and it was definitely the right size.

15. Yet123

Yet123 Active Member

Hey, guys, this'll be the first time I'm buying APCs. If I generally wear Levis 505s with a size 30 waist (slimmer sizes, even 501s, dont fit my semimuscular thighs/calves at all), what type/size APCs would you guys recommend?