A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Rossmc

Rossmc Active Member

there are very few if any pictures on flickr

2. jaac

jaac Senior member

When abouts does S/S usual get a release? Especially after the shorts, its surprisngly hard to find basic decent shorts. If anyone knows any stockists aswell that would be neat.

3. CuffEm

CuffEm Well-Known Member

What sizing should I get on the Petit Standard if I wear a size 34 for Levi 511?

4. Kodiak

Kodiak Senior member

What sizing should I get on the Petit Standard if I wear a size 34 for Levi 511?
    31 or 32

5. ranker

ranker Senior member

Wear a 29 NS in indigo. Just picked up a used pair of 30 NS in black. I noticed that the black is not selvaged. Does this affect its stretch at all? The 29 NS is snug at my natural waist (where I usually wear my jeans) after being fully stretched for the past 2 months of use. However, the 30 NS in black is barely hanging onto my hips. How would I know if its been fully stretched or not (since I got it used)? What's the typical measurements for a 30NS unselvaged in black? pre stretch and fully stretched.

I guess I'm wondering if I should just cut my losses and relist or if there's a way to salvage the situation and keep them wearable.

6. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior member

Bought the punk coat at 70% off a week ago and damn, that was a good buy. Great fit for tall and slim guys, with one exception: the body width. Surprisingly baggy for a brand that supposedly sizes their outerwear slim. Quick trip to the tailor fixed that though. Sweet fabric and nice horn buttons. Disappointing that the buttons aren't attached better (no stays and some loose threads) on what's essentially a $650 coat though.

Feeling very tempted to buy the spring 2010 mac. Hmmmm.

7. slappy

slappy Senior member

Well after wearing my New Standards for a few days Im pretty sure I completely disagree with sizing down 2 sizes. The waist has stretched out, but they literally pinch my balls as I walk. Im hoping they will loosen up but honestly Im expecting the bottom part of the jeans to rupture at some point. Seems like they would last longer and be more comfortable if I bought the correct size jeans. Frankly I dont even see why they would stretch out as there would be no pressure on them to, since they would fit comfortably from the getgo. Im probably going to shelve these, return to them when Ive lost more weight.

8. CuffEm

CuffEm Well-Known Member

Is there a reason why they increased the price?

9. Burr130

Burr130 Well-Known Member

Well after wearing my New Standards for a few days Im pretty sure I completely disagree with sizing down 2 sizes. The waist has stretched out, but they literally pinch my balls as I walk. Im hoping they will loosen up but honestly Im expecting the bottom part of the jeans to rupture at some point. Seems like they would last longer and be more comfortable if I bought the correct size jeans. Frankly I dont even see why they would stretch out as there would be no pressure on them to, since they would fit comfortably from the getgo. Im probably going to shelve these, return to them when Ive lost more weight.

Takes about 2 weeks for them stretch out all the way. I felt the same about my petit standards after a couple days of year. felt pretty skeptical about the sizing down stuff but it all worked out.

if they really are that tight below the knee on you maybe you should of went with rescues instead of new standards.

10. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

Bought the punk coat at 70% off a week ago and damn, that was a good buy. Great fit for tall and slim guys, with one exception: the body width. Surprisingly baggy for a brand that supposedly sizes their outerwear slim. Quick trip to the tailor fixed that though. Sweet fabric and nice horn buttons. Disappointing that the buttons aren't attached better (no stays and some loose threads) on what's essentially a $650 coat though.

Feeling very tempted to buy the spring 2010 mac. Hmmmm.

u probably just skinny. i thought the punk coat was very slim

11. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

I think that if you got your actual size in APC NS the waist would probably be way too large. Some styles/cuts of jeans just do not fit some or even most body types well. That is just the way NS's fit, that is probably why so many people blow out the crotch. I purchased NS's (sized down two) and they fit well but I just felt that I need a jean that gives me a lttle more room in the crotch, so I returned them. Maybe you would have better luck with the APC Rescues or another brand of raw denim.

12. gasoline

gasoline Senior member

13. givemefive

givemefive Senior member

you have flare on a pair of APCs? weird

and no there's not really anyway - you can wash them once or a couple times and that will make it look a lot better but yea

14. gasoline

gasoline Senior member

you have flare on a pair of APCs? weird

and no there's not really anyway - you can wash them once or a couple times and that will make it look a lot better but yea

Is this sarcasm? I thought hip flares were a pretty well known problem with APCs. I've certainly seen a few examples on the forum and IRL... I think any pant that stretches is going to flare right?

15. givemefive

givemefive Senior member

Is this sarcasm? I thought hip flares were a pretty well known problem with APCs. I've certainly seen a few examples on the forum and IRL... I think any pant that stretches is going to flare right?
    no i was being serious. I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing though. does an example come to mind?