A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

Definitely loosens up faster the second time around, it should only stay that tight for a day or two at most. It gets even less after that--I just washed mine for the second time and it came out soft and only a bit tight.

2. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

Have you washed them? Washing them will help them to last longer. I know it's not a popular notion among fans of raw denim. But it's the truth.

Not yet... I was planning to around the six month mark but I'm going to wait until the end of February, or at least until after I patch them. I got them at Stel's btw. Small world.

Patch it with scrap denim- take it to a tailor if you don't have a machine. I hand patched my Diors like this and really, it is not worth the time- and if you don't do a good job the thread might unravel.

Is there any specific type of scrap denim I should avoid? I was thinking of using some old 7fam denim I had lying around as it is stretch denim and won't shrink weirdly when I wash them.

3. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

Is there any specific type of scrap denim I should avoid? I was thinking of using some old 7fam denim I had lying around as it is stretch denim and won't shrink weirdly when I wash them.

bump

4. kidkorea

kidkorea Senior member

5. Whiskey

Whiskey Senior member

6. slappy

slappy Senior member

I just purchased some new standards in size 33. I wear a size 34 generally, but I can only get the top button buttoned, not the lower ones so who knows maybe I gained weight and actually am a 35. I'm 5 10, and I guess all APC's are length 34. How long should I wait before getting them hemmed?

7. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

I just purchased some new standards in size 33. I wear a size 34 generally, but I can only get the top button buttoned, not the lower ones so who knows maybe I gained weight and actually am a 35. I'm 5 10, and I guess all APC's are length 34. How long should I wait before getting them hemmed?
    I normally wear a 34 and sized down two to a 32 in the NS's and had no trouble buttoning them. I could not go smaller because they would be too tight in the butt and thighs.

It apears you sized down two if you are really a 35 so I would expect you will be OK. My understanding is that the NS will shrink 1/2 to 1 inch in the inseam. So wait till you wash them before hemming or just make sure you leave enough length for them to shrink a bit.

8. slappy

slappy Senior member

I like the look of them, except for the fact that I have to roll up the legs quite a bit to make it fit, however when I got them I noticed that there were a lot of threads that seemed loose. Well loose is the wrong word, when I pulled on them they came out entirely. I mean small strands of thread, that were sticking out and when pulled just removed themselves entirely from the pants. Overall Im not that impressed with the build quality, though Im no expert that's for sure.

9. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

Better to just cut loose threads and not pull on them. Use them hard and if you have to get them repaired that will give them some additional character.

10. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

Does anyone know where I can find APC original standards? I tried the NY and LA APC stores and they said they may have them in a couple months. Are the original's vanity sized also?

11. tman87

tman87 Well-Known Member

12. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Does anyone know where I can find APC original standards? I tried the NY and LA APC stores and they said they may have them in a couple months. Are the original's vanity sized also?

Yes. The original standards are in stock at the LA store last I check.

13. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

Yes. The original standards are in stock at the LA store last I check.
    Thanks, I'll try them again tomorrow. I spoke with someone there who really did not seem to be very knowledgeable.

14. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

Shameless plug. Selling a pair of 29 New Standards in the FS forum. Worn around the house for 6 weeks, and it looks like I'm going to have to size up.

15. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

Shameless plug. Selling a pair of 29 New Standards in the FS forum. Worn around the house for 6 weeks, and it looks like I'm going to have to size up.
    just wondering, how much did you size down? I went from my usual 34 to NS in 32 and it fit tight without being way too tight. Considering they will stretch it was perfect.