A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^ Although they're not as slim overall, PS actually have a smaller leg opening than NC in the same size (since NC flares out slightly at the ankle).

2. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

Alright guys, here's my deal. My true waist size is exactly 31", but for the most part I wear 32" jeans (by Acne, Levi's, and the like), due to my larger than normal posterior.

Anyway, I purchased a pair of NS about a month ago (Size 29), and have been wearing them pretty much all the time since I got them.

At times they still feel very uncomfortable, and they're still a little tough to button. Did I order the wrong size, or am I over-reacthing?

My first purchase with raw denim was a 32" pair of Tellasons, and they've stretched out to close to 34"....way too large for me, so I wanted to size down as much as possible with the APCs.

How much more will they stretch, specifically around the thighs? Per the advice of a lot of SF'ers I bought the tightest pair I could button up all the way.

Thanks in advance.

3. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

It's funny this question came up. I wear a 33 in diesel. I was trying on NS today at Stel's and bought a 32 (one size down). I could get the 31 on and they were ok just a little too tight for my liking. Go with one size down if you want to keep the same look. I'm wearing them right now and couldn't be happier.

I suspect those will be pretty loose on you in a couple of months time. You may like them that way, but you will need a belt to keep them up.

Alright guys, here's my deal. My true waist size is exactly 31", but for the most part I wear 32" jeans (by Acne, Levi's, and the like), due to my larger than normal posterior.

Anyway, I purchased a pair of NS about a month ago (Size 29), and have been wearing them pretty much all the time since I got them.

At times they still feel very uncomfortable, and they're still a little tough to button. Did I order the wrong size, or am I over-reacthing?

My first purchase with raw denim was a 32" pair of Tellasons, and they've stretched out to close to 34"....way too large for me, so I wanted to size down as much as possible with the APCs.

How much more will they stretch, specifically around the thighs? Per the advice of a lot of SF'ers I bought the tightest pair I could button up all the way.

Thanks in advance.

As long as you can button them up, I would think that they will stretch to fit you perfectly. Looking back, my NS took at least a couple of months to get to where I really like them, especially in the thighs, and they were pretty tight for that time.

4. madd_haups

madd_haups Member

5. ranker

ranker Senior member

Anywhere else in Orange County where I can try on APC and pull the trigger? Carve at the Lab no longer carries APC and Barney's Co-op is completely out of stock for the next month in anything around the 28/29 size for NS.

6. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

buy online from sites like tobi..free shipping and easy returns

u lose like 5.00 when u use their return label

buy a few pairs and return the ones that dont fit...

7. ranker

ranker Senior member

buy online from sites like tobi..free shipping and easy returns

u lose like 5.00 when u use their return label

buy a few pairs and return the ones that dont fit...

Thanks for the heads up. Got a link?

8. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

Thanks for the heads up. Got a link?
    you sound like a lazy cunt. www.tobi.com

9. Jerm

Jerm Active Member

How many inches up would I need to hem a pair of NCs to get rid of that weird flare at the bottom?

10. madd_haups

madd_haups Member

How many inches up would I need to hem a pair of NCs to get rid of that weird flare at the bottom?

how tall are you? i'm 5'11'' and i let em stack...plus you can cuff em too

11. racknac

racknac Senior member

how tall are you? i'm 5'11'' and i let em stack...plus you can cuff em too

I'm 5'11 as well, but have really long legs and they don't stack too much. However, I would suggest waiting till you've broken them in to hem them as the worker at the APC store said that they would probably get longer as you break them in.

12. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

About 3 inches.

13. racknac

racknac Senior member

Jesus I hope these break in soon... i've been wearing them all day and my balls feel like they've been crushed.

14. Aparke612

Aparke612 Well-Known Member

Do any of you guys tape the inside of your hems to prevent the denim from rubbing on your shoes?

15. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

If anyone is interested in a brand new pair of 29 NS, PM me for details.