A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. jake8078

jake8078 Well-Known Member

How fast does the majority of stretching the waistband occur?

I've had my new 26's on for a few hours now, and there's definitely a lot of room. Seems to have gained about 3/4", unless I wasn't paying much attention to it when I first put them on.

I'm a 28" waist so I thought sizing down 2 would be fine. Also, if I sized down anymore I probably couldn't get my thigh into it. These aren't going to be unable to stay up on my waist in a month are they?

I also don't like the look or feel of really skinny jeans, but I'd like to not have too much extra fabric in the waistband.

Thanks!

EDIT: I just measured them and they've stretched to 30".

2. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

3. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

My BALLS hurt. Seriously. These jeans better get with the program. SOON. 2nd day wearing at work. Ouch.
    fit px plz soak and stretch the waistband, brother. Sag them more.

4. xanatos

xanatos Senior member

Is it cuckoo to have New Cures, New Standards and Petit Standards? I like them all.

Welcome to the club!
    I have NS 30 and NS 29 and Ps 30. Wanting to buy NC now but.oh boy its too much work..

5. obnavox3

obnavox3 Senior member

How is the quality of the APC sweaters and other apparel beside the jeans in general? I have been eyeing some of the sweaters for a while.

6. splattered

splattered Senior member

fit px plz

soak and stretch the waistband, brother. Sag them more.

I'm not so much worried about the waist as i am that center seam... the waist has stretched out fine and i can even sag them a bit comfortably, the legs are finally starting to fall in a more normal manner... they seem to be breaking in fine. It's just that i sit down and i get a nasty case of mooseknuckle and it doesn't feel good. The ass is a bit tight too which is a little weird because i barely HAVE an ass yet that seam feels too small for these damn jeans. I wore them out to the store last night for the first time and i felt like people were staring at me and i was thinking to myself "cut me some slack people, this is only temporary" haha

[​IMG]

I am wearing my 3sixteen around the house now and there is no real pre-normal-wear process phase needed... i got the 28s which is the smallest size offered and they are all around roomier than my NS that ive been wearing for awhile. Though on the flipside, i read that there isn't much stretch to them so its probably better that they were a lil roomy right off the bat. I hope.

7. Chief Touching You

Chief Touching You Active Member

I had my APC NS drycleaned recently, and it appears that they have shrank considerably. How is this possible?

8. kinch

kinch Well-Known Member

Just got APC rescues off B&S. Fits great... which concerns me a bit. Is it alright if my balls DON'T feel like they're caught in a vice grip?

9. Dan9019

Dan9019 Member

Hey, I'm having a hard time deciding on what size new standards to buy. I wear a 31 in Diesel denim, but they are obviously vanity sized, as I measured them to be about 34. They've probably stretched some though. I measured where I wear my jeans, slightly above hips, and it measures a 33. My actual waist (way up where I would never wear pants, is a 32). I'm want sort of a traditional fitted look (desicribed as levi 501 fit in the OP). I'm thinking I should order APC's in 31 (2 sizes below the 33''). Sound right? Or should I be doing 2 sizes below the diesels and get a 29?

10. Jay687

Jay687 Senior member

Alright, so looking to get some APC New Standards, but need help with sizing...

I want to get roughly this look (a bit looser would be okay too):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Currently, I have a 32" true waist (on my hips where jeans fall), maybe a bit less. I wear Levi 514s, size 30, and they measure at 16.125" (32.25") and fit me a looser than the above look. Slightly too loose really because they begin to fall without a belt, it could be the extra .25" over 32" or because I'm a bit under 32" really.

I'm not sure what to get in APC to get that the above look or a bit looser. I wouldn't consider it tight, just slim and relaxed.

I have read that APC are sized like the Levi 514s I have, 2" under. So if I got 30s, they would measure 32" and fit me similar to my LEvi 514 (probably slimmer because they are cut slimmer) right away?

But then they stretch... so how much stretch should I account for?

As of now, I'm thinking 29", is the correct measurement? It is right at the 3 sizes down people say. But wanna make sure they are neither too tight nor become too loose.

So, based on my measurements and the fit I'm looking to achieve, what do you guys suggest?

11. Jay687

Jay687 Senior member

Upon remeasuring the waist of my Levis... wow... they are way bigger than the tagged 30, lol. They are actually 16.5" so 33" in waist. Then again, I haven't washed them in 1 or 2 wears, so they've probably stretched a bit, but still.

Anyway, so that's why they are loose, should probably get 29's if I buy them again.

For APC's though, I'm thinking true waist of 32", so 29" would be measured 31" and then 1" of stretch for a nice fit (not tight, but not baggy).

Let me know. Thanks.

12. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

Upon remeasuring the waist of my Levis... wow... they are way bigger than the tagged 30, lol. They are actually 16.5" so 33" in waist. Then again, I haven't washed them in 1 or 2 wears, so they've probably stretched a bit, but still.

Anyway, so that's why they are loose, should probably get 29's if I buy them again.

For APC's though, I'm thinking true waist of 32", so 29" would be measured 31" and then 1" of stretch for a nice fit (not tight, but not baggy).

Let me know. Thanks.

Hey Jay, you sound like you're about my size. and I opted for a 29" waist in the APC NS.

They're definitely a slimmer fit, and after about a month of wear, they're finally loosening up a bit.

If you want a skinny/slim cut, I'd go 29". If you want a more traditional fit (though by no means baggy), I'd go with the 30".

Hope this helps.

13. Jay687

Jay687 Senior member

What would you consider the above pictures? Would that be skinny/slim? I'd say it's really the limit I'd want to go on the slim side and am fine with if they are bigger. If that is what yours fit like, then I'll go 29"... unless yours at 29" are tighter than the pictures I have above... then I'd rather get 30's I guess.

Or perhaps you have pics of your 29s? Just to get an idea. Lemme know. Thanks for your replu.

14. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

What would you consider the above pictures? Would that be skinny/slim? I'd say it's really the limit I'd want to go on the slim side and am fine with if they are bigger. If that is what yours fit like, then I'll go 29"... unless yours at 29" are tighter than the pictures I have above... then I'd rather get 30's I guess.

Or perhaps you have pics of your 29s? Just to get an idea. Lemme know. Thanks for your replu.

Yeah, your pics are about how mine fit. Mine might by slightly skinnier in the thigh, but again I've only been wearing them for a month.

And of course, the bottoms are a bit more tapered, but that's just the cut of the NS.

15. ranker

ranker Senior member

Where can I buy APC jeans in Orange County, CA?

Also what size should I be purchasing? I normally wear a size 30 in Guess/Emporio Armani jeans. I measured my waist to be around 32" 2 inches below my navel. 33" if I just had a big meal.

I'm looking to purchasing slim fighting jeans, which style would that be?